2022-2023 Non-Stars NHL Discussion

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Dreger was kind of crapping on that signing, because the guy doesn't have a full season. Seems like a perfectly reasonable signing to me.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Campbell torched. Minnesota gives up 7 goals... again... 2 games into the season. Canucks lose to the Flyers. Good day all around to be a Stars fan.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Sharks really going hard for the tank already to start the year. Honestly not a suprise.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Man, we looked good against WPG, but they are holding up against COL tonight.
I'm glad we got their C- game last night by comparison.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Man, we looked good against WPG, but they are holding up against COL tonight.
I'm glad we got their C- game last night by comparison.
Off topic and not trying to be salty, but it sure does seem like Makar gets tons of secondary assists. It’ll be a shame if he wins a Norris over Miro because of that. Don’t get me wrong he’s amazing, but I think Miro can be just as dynamic.

Reactions: JeffP

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Off topic and not trying to be salty, but it sure does seem like Makar gets tons of secondary assists. It’ll be a shame if he wins a Norris over Miro because of that. Don’t get me wrong he’s amazing, but I think Miro can be just as dynamic.
I mean that's only lightly off-topic from my nothing post and this is a wide net thread :)

As a Stars fan, I feel like that's not something I'm willing to chase as an argument because Makar is damn good and Heiskanen has been good but hasn't really had the chain taken off until this season.

We know he's good, but the barometer for me is when the rest of the league is hockey horny for him even though they still don't know shit about the team. I feel like he's getting there and it's going to be a great thing to watch if he can be relatively equal to the task.

Show me some good games against not the Preds or Jets, we know it's in there- we just need a bit more proof.

Reactions: starsfan86

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
That’s the current NHL scoring leader Wal to you
Just looked up his numbers. If he keeps this up and is at least ppg at the end of the season he's had one of the most fascinating careers I've ever heard about.

Hell, maybe it turns out that Jagr was right afterall. :laugh:

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Just looked up his numbers. If he keeps this up and is at least ppg at the end of the season he's had one of the most fascinating careers I've ever heard about.

It would be bizarre if he had a huge offensive season. Last season was his only even decent offensive season of his career. He is shooting 28.6 percent so his goal scoring can't come close to holding up. Cutting the shooting percentage in half is reasonable so I guess 40 goals could be reasonable.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

At this rate he would double his NHL career points total :laugh:

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Klingberg would probably be popping off too if he were part of this hot streak right now. It's a shame he went into such a dysfunctional system. He didn't start looking really bad for us until under Bowness. The style of hockey the Stars are playing right now is exactly his bread and butter.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Klingberg would probably be popping off too if he were part of this hot streak right now. It's a shame he went into such a dysfunctional system. He didn't start looking really bad for us until under Bowness. The style of hockey the Stars are playing right now is exactly his bread and butter.

He made his own bed. I think we are much better off as is.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Bad thread about Klingberg on the main boards 😂(although Ducks fans think it’s the coach). I really think we dodged a bullet with him and ecstatic we acquired Lundkvist.

I've watched 2-3 Ducks games this season. He looks exactly how he did in Dallas last season
Gotta give him time I guess tho, we all remember how slow of a start Pavelski had here

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I've watched 2-3 Ducks games this season. He looks exactly how he did in Dallas last season
Gotta give him time I guess tho, we all remember how slow of a start Pavelski had here
I thought Pavelski was in decline and a mistake to sign.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Probably better long-term for the team he didn't re-sign when he had the offer on the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad