2022-2023 Non-Stars NHL Discussion

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Avs could very easily lose to Edmonton. I believe we own the tiebreaker.
They play the last game against NSH on a back to back, and need to travel east (usually a bit more tiring). The bad news is, NSH is also playing back to back on Thursday and Friday, negating any advantage that they may have had.

Have we heard when game one, round one is supposed to start? It seems like they usually have a few days or even a week off, but maybe they start on Wed. April 19 to give all teams a bit of a rest? I ask because it might impact whether we ride Otter to the last game if there is still a chance to finish first.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
They play the last game against NSH on a back to back, and need to travel east (usually a bit more tiring). The bad news is, NSH is also playing back to back on Thursday and Friday, negating any advantage that they may have had.

Have we heard when game one, round one is supposed to start? It seems like they usually have a few days or even a week off, but maybe they start on Wed. April 19 to give all teams a bit of a rest? I ask because it might impact whether we ride Otter to the last game if there is still a chance to finish first.
April 17th is the scheduled start currently

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Stars have to win out and Avs go 1-1-1. Not likely, but doable. If its going to happen, its going to start tonight with a regulation loss vs Edmonton. Calgary/Nashville needs to go to OT to keep Winnipeg on their heels when they play Colorado on the 13th.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Minnesota is an extremely weak home team. Like, they're down there with the dregs of the league. Their road performance is what's gotten them where they are.

Likewise the Stars are one of the best road teams in the league while being middling at home.

If the opponent is the Wild I think you would rather be the lower seed.

However if it's Colorado you don't want a Game 7 in their building with the officials/altitude combination.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Stars have to win out and Avs go 1-1-1. Not likely, but doable. If its going to happen, its going to start tonight with a regulation loss vs Edmonton. Calgary/Nashville needs to go to OT to keep Winnipeg on their heels when they play Colorado on the 13th.
All that needs to happen is Colorado lose 1 game and Dallas win 1 game after that Dallas matches Colorado record from then on and is in 1st

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
All that needs to happen is Colorado lose 1 game and Dallas win 1 game after that Dallas matches Colorado record from then on and is in 1st
For some reason I though ROW was the tiebreaker- not RW. Good to know!

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
It did puzzle me as to why he seemed to fall down the depth chart despite being a regular last year.
He was waiver exempt for 1 more game so he lost out on that. Then he understandably wasn't happy to be in the AHL.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Nashville win in OT keeps both teams alive, correct?

EDIT: Nashville's remaining schedule is too difficult. Go Flames!

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Flames eliminated from the playoffs with that shootout loss. Sutter sent Nick Ritchie out there to try and win the game for the Flames lmao

Flames choked so hard. Losing to Vancouver and Chicago but beating Winnipeg this past week...brutal. their fate was in their hands and they threw it away

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I'm pretty sure Peterson is getting looks he could only get from a team like San Jose. I do like him and I hope he does well. Not sure why he didn't get a better look this season over Olofsson who is literally just a guy.

Reactions: piqued

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I'm pretty sure Peterson is getting looks he could only get from a team like San Jose. I do like him and I hope he does well. Not sure why he didn't get a better look this season over Olofsson who is literally just a guy.
Thought about this before, and it’s just because he’s not a bottom six type of player from my limited viewing. He’s a casualty of being a pure scorer and there being at least six better/tenured scorers on the roster. Unfortunate, but he’s the type of guy that’ll be a good 2nd/3rd line scorer on bubble teams. Wish we got more from him, but it is what it is and we’re still in good shape.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Flames eliminated from the playoffs with that shootout loss. Sutter sent Nick Ritchie out there to try and win the game for the Flames lmao

Flames choked so hard. Losing to Vancouver and Chicago but beating Winnipeg this past week...brutal. their fate was in their hands and they threw it away
Imagine throwing a slug like Nick Ritchie into the shootout with your season hanging in the balance instead of your best player this season, Tyler Toffoli. Sutter doesn't seem to want his job.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Unfortunately the Jets are about to claim a playoff spot. On the bright side they're doing it against Minnesota, so Dallas gets home ice to start for sure

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Worth mentioning that the Wild and Jets beat the crap out of each other in that game. Some dirty hits, bunch of fights, etc. Wild lost Steel & Johansson to injuries in the game

Reactions: MBTendy

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Stars can “control their destiny” if the Avs lose in regulation to the Oilers tonight; 1-1 after 2 and Avs are shutting down McDavid, so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad