2022-2023 Non-Stars NHL Discussion

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Jets are now just 2 points ahead of the Flames for the final wildcard spot after their 3-0 loss to the Sharks.

Rick Bowness, in his usual fashion, is doing nothing but blaming the players just like he did when his time was winding down here

• Haha
Reactions: Kipper 17 and Johno

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Jets are now just 2 points ahead of the Flames for the final wildcard spot after their 3-0 loss to the Sharks.

Rick Bowness, in his usual fashion, is doing nothing but blaming the players just like he did when his time was winding down here

Too much teenage mutant, not enough ninja TURTLE for Bowness’ liking! Get it?!

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Pretty funny. A buddy of mine who is a Jets fan loved to chirp Dallas and Bowness for their boring style, and lack of scoring. The moment they signed Bowness his tune changed on Bowness. Funny how that happens.

Safe to say I tried to warn him lol

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

{scheifele and wheeler havent recorded points in like 2 weeks}

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
My gut tells me the Jets are likely going to make it despite themselves. Calgary or Nashville should already be ahead of them, if either of those teams had any f***s to give the last month.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
{scheifele and wheeler havent recorded points in like 2 weeks}

Scheifele is without a doubt one of the toughest forwards in the league to watch outside of the offensive zone. Maurice gave him way too much leash for too long. The guy just has ZERO effort on backchecks and defensive zone coverage. Imagine he cared about defense the same way he cared when he went all super saiyan and attempted to remove Jake Evans's soul from his body on that empty net goal in the playoffs.

Wheeler I think actually GAF. The guy skated his balls off every shift in Winnipeg for years, but age has caught up on him and he can't play like that anymore. At the same time, I'm not sure why he can't modify his game. He still has speed and is a pretty good playmaker but who knows what's going on in his head.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LT and Satan

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Scheifele is without a doubt one of the toughest forwards in the league to watch outside of the offensive zone. Maurice gave him way too much leash for too long. The guy just has ZERO effort on backchecks and defensive zone coverage. Imagine he cared about defense the same way he cared when he went all super saiyan and attempted to remove Jake Evans's soul from his body on that empty net goal in the playoffs.

Wheeler I think actually GAF. The guy skated his balls off every shit in Winnipeg for years, but age has caught up on him and he can't play like that anymore. At the same time, I'm not sure why he can't modify his game. He still has speed and is a pretty good playmaker but who knows what's going on in his head.
agreed- Scheifele is a talented bum

fun thread on the subject that i just stumbled on- signs point to uhhhh well..... Bones maybe having a point and his team isn't finding consistency. Maybe with a lifetime of experience in hockey... he knows what he's talking about.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
agreed- Scheifele is a talented bum

fun thread on the subject that i just stumbled on- signs point to uhhhh well..... Bones maybe having a point and his team isn't finding consistency. Maybe with a lifetime of experience in hockey... he knows what he's talking about.

I did see they were 5th in xGF in the last month, it's just not translating. The PP is also ICE COLD.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Does it make me a bad person that I'm enjoying this?

The Winnipeg meltdown is one of the most amazing I’ve ever seen. Over the last six weeks or so (around 20 games played for everyone), the Jets have this amazing pile of suck:
- tied for second worst points percentage of .381 with the Habs. Only the Sharks are worse.
- scoring the fewest goals per game, but remain middle of the pack in goals against
- tied for the second worst PP, but have a good PK
- go from being around 22nd in goals for in the first and second periods to 32nd in goals for in third periods because the Bowness turtle is real

I'm honestly surprised they haven't fired him now in hopes of salvaging their playoff appearance.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I still just don't get the whole blaming players publicly thing. What does Bowness think he's accomplishing with that?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Jacob Peterson has 4 points in 6 games for San Jose. Goal tonight so far

Not shocking he was decent last year for us, how Gurianov beat him out for a roster spot this year,is still mind boggling.

Reactions: LT

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Is winnipeg going to miss the playoffs?

I don't think they will since they snapped out of their losing ways with 2 dominant wins back to back, but man that game tomorrow vs Calgary is huge, especially if Calgary wins tonight. Winnipeg also has 2 tough games to end the season vs Minnesota and Colorado, while Calgary only has Winnipeg left when it comes to playoff teams. We shall see if Colorado or Minnesota rest any players during those games however since they're the last couple of games of the season

Reactions: Sports2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad