2022-2023 Non-Stars NHL Discussion

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Pencil it in. Stars v Wild in round 1. Glad we get home ice.

(Colorado now has 2 dead rubber opponents with Winnipeg to rest starters and Nashville probs playing kids).

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
With the way Minnesota has looked lately, I'm no longer concerned with finishing 1st. I might even prefer them to Seattle because the shorter flights should help out some with the wear and tear.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Finishing before the Avs is still better because it give us home ice against the Avs in the 2nd round . Avs def have some home cooking. Better to have home ice against them

Reactions: ugrakarma and LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016
More like 4:30-ish am for me. Just like those bad old times in the Pacific division. That 08 run through both Anaheim and San Jose was very annoying time wise

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
The mental gymnastics from Buffalo fans on Dahlin v Heiskanen is some of the funniest shit i've seen on this site.

"hEIsKaNen haS mORE heLp oN DEfeNce"

Imagine having 2 first overall picks on your blueline and making a statement like that about Ryan Suter.

Watching them miss the playoffs is a beautiful thing.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The mental gymnastics from Buffalo fans on Dahlin v Heiskanen is some of the funniest shit i've seen on this site.

"hEIsKaNen haS mORE heLp oN DEfeNce"

Imagine having 2 first overall picks on your blueline and making a statement like that about Ryan Suter.

Watching them miss the playoffs is a beautiful thing.
No now it's he plays in front of Oettinger.
I don't know why anyone gets into those pissing contests.
First it was offense, now that those numbers are close. it's Dahlin was playing injured, then it was the d-core, now it's playing in front of Oettinger, tomorrow it'll be age or coaching again and on and on.
Those Poll results are bullshit (not just the Hieskanen vs Dahlin ones) all of them.
It comes down to 3 things. The Fanbase size, the popularity/hype of the player, coverage of the team/players,
Hell Robertson lost to Thompson earlier this year, and he's 2yrs younger and already the better player.
Hell I think Seider beat Heiskanen in a poll too.
They're entertainingly stupid reads. but not worth actually getting involved in

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Another example is that time a young Benn lost a poll to a young Evander Kane. Sometime after the 11-12 season IIRC.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
It's why I don't typically engage in any of the main boards. How people can draw such hard lines in the sand with their opinions, while not watching any other hockey other than their own team is baffling.

Reactions: M88K

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Quinn Hughes >>> Bobby Orr AINEC

Book it.

It's why I don't typically engage in any of the main boards. How people can draw such hard lines in the sand with their opinions, while not watching any other hockey other than their own team is baffling.
My recent favorite thread is the "MacKinnon is the most underrated player in the NHL"

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
watching that Jets/Wild game last night makes me worried about the Wild. They play a dirty game at times, especially with Reaves.
I do think we get passed them but at a cost

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
watching that Jets/Wild game last night makes me worried about the Wild. They play a dirty game at times, especially with Reaves.

release the Bichsel

burn-elmo.gif

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Jets are just as dirty, if not moreso. They definitely fed off of each other.

Ryan Reaves is annoying, but he's so bad at actual hockey that it evens out. I think Benn handles Reaves fairly well too.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I feel like pointing out that Gurianov is getting caved in on possession metrics. One of the worst forwards on the Habs, just like he was here. Hmmm

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
But he scored some nice goals right after the trade!!!!!!! MSL can rehabilitate him! The other four NHL coaches he had (2-3 of whom are potential Jack Adams nominees) just didn't know how to use him effectively!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad