Speculation: 2022-2023 General Lightning Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Multiple scouts from Tampa now at 2 or 3 straight Chicago games. I hope it's not for AA or Domi, as both are almost certainly rentals. Lafferty seems ideal(bottom 6 type with speed, good defensively and on the pk, with some offensive ability). With him having term and a cap hit of only 1.15 for next year, he seems like a great fit. Dickinson would be solid as well, with the only issue being that Chicago would need to retain thereby driving his trade cost up, or Tampa would need to move more than just Names to make the cap work(unless they waived Fleury).

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Multiple scouts from Tampa now at 2 or 3 straight Chicago games. I hope it's not for AA or Domi, as both are almost certainly rentals. Lafferty seems ideal(bottom 6 type with speed, good defensively and on the pk, with some offensive ability). With him having term and a cap hit of only 1.15 for next year, he seems like a great fit. Dickinson would be solid as well, with the only issue being that Chicago would need to retain thereby driving his trade cost up, or Tampa would need to move more than just Names to make the cap work(unless they waived Fleury).
They are obviously there for Kane :naughty:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Brayden Schenn? :sarcasm:

d3y70g8zqea71.jpg

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
What would it take from the Sens to pry Cernak out of Tampa?
Just curious
value wise, hes probably getting a late 1st and a really good prospect and maybe another pick or prospect. For us to trade him to the Sens, it would cost probably Bernard-Docker, a 1st, Pinto, and a small add

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
value wise, hes probably getting a late 1st and a really good prospect and maybe another pick or prospect. For us to trade him to the Sens, it would cost probably Bernard-Docker, a 1st, Pinto, and a small add

~10th overall
2024 2nd
Jarventie
Bernard-Docker

I'd do that?

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
i want puljujärvi. not like he can score but he is big and good defensively. can sign him for cheap too and you can hope that he learns to finish like nichushkin did

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
If we are looking to sign him with term after. Yeah it will be Barbashev.

I want it to be this if its just for this playoff run. Way cheaper, same flexibility, can play our style. He could be cheap to sign next year and replace Bellemare on the fourth line too.

The problem is, unless Barbashev is willing to take 2 million or less, Tampa can't really fit him and Colton(plus sign a decent 3LD and another 5 or 6 players). Acciari is a player I believe they could extend for less than.2 million, same as if they trade for Lafferty from Chicago.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Would love to somehow find a way to get O'Reilly. Would definitely take cap gymnastics and retention. But it could be done.

If this season was being seen as Tampa's last run, I could see them paying all the assets needed to acquire ROR(plus needing additional retention from a 3rd team most likely). Since Tampa's window should be open for several more years after this one, I wouldn't personally go "all-in" on a player like ROR, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad