Speculation: 2022-2023 General Lightning Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
While I wouldn't like a trade involving him, I wonder how much interest Huuhtanen would draw?
Probably quite a bit from non playoff teams based on size alone and skill as a 19 year old in the top Finnish league. He is probably the one prospect i would keep off the table, even over Howard. Huuhtanen screams middle 6 PWF that can put up 20 goals and 40-50 points a year maybe more with PP time

Reactions: Peacefool

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Probably quite a bit from non playoff teams based on size alone and skill as a 19 year old in the top Finnish league. He is probably the one prospect i would keep off the table, even over Howard. Huuhtanen screams middle 6 PWF that can put up 20 goals and 40-50 points a year maybe more with PP time
Yeah I agree, I really would prefer to hold on to him. Same with Finley too. He might just have a random god like appearance like Tage.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
cmon trade someone already, this curiosity of who we will get and trade is killing me! :D

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Garnet Hathaway seems to be getting mentioned with TB more and more.

comparable deal:
For RW Garnet Hathaway:

March 16, 2022
To Calgary: Calle Jarnkrok
To Seattle: 2022 2nd Round Pick (David Goyette), 2023 3rd Round Pick, 2024 7th Round Pick, 50 percent retained

This return might surprise some, but teams find Hathaway to be an extremely useful player who flies a bit under the radar because his point production isn’t gaudy. Hathaway doesn’t provide the positional flexibility Jarnkrok did, but would add great depth and secondary scoring. He can play on both special teams units and add an element of grit and toughness to a team preparing for the postseason battle.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan

comparable deal:

I can't fathom that they would trade him to a conference foe. Adam Henrique is someone to keep an eye on. Signed through next year, veteran 2way guy who still produces. Him being signed through next year is a very Brisebois move, but it would take 50% retention and they'd have to take Vladdy.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Bring back yanni!

Seattle has a Cup to win. And good for them too. There's just simply no deal to be made for either team really. I'm all in on us going top 6. People consistently forget how good we are at just rolling lines that don't do shit while the other team doesn't either.

We can't just expect to win a Cup going 28 minutes between goals and praying 2 is enough

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

comparable deal:

I don't know, unless Washington takes one of Bellemare or Namestnikov, I don't see a deal with Washington.

I would much rather have Lafferty over Hathaway if costs are somewhat similar. If we could trade Bellemare and Namestnikov, then I would see if we could get both.

Bring back yanni!
It would seriously have to be a quantity trade. Don't really see why Seattle would do us that favour too.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I don't know, unless Washington takes one of Bellemare or Namestnikov, I don't see a deal with Washington.

I would much rather have Lafferty over Hathaway if costs are somewhat similar. If we could trade Bellemare and Namestnikov, then I would see if we could get both.

It would seriously have to be a quantity trade. Don't really see why Seattle would do us that favour too.

If Lafferty and Hathaway are the targets JBB wants, all it would take from a cap pov would be to move Namestnikov in one of the trades. Tampa wouldn't even need retention on Hathaway, as if my math is right, those two add 2.65 and Names clears 2.5, so Tampa would then.run a 23 player roster with 570k in space remaining, rather than the current 22 player roster and 720k in space.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Names wouldn't have to go to Washington (although they want to try to be competitive.)

Names on waivers or traded for a pick or long shot prospect, maybe then flipped, would work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad