Speculation: 2022-2023 General Lightning Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
I understand that people have concerns given how we have played after the All-Star break, guys like Vasy, Hedman, Stamkos etc can obviously play much better and there's been clear issues on a team execution level too..

I think it's fair to say Toronto are slight favourites against us, they have a good team. That said, they've not played much better than us recently and they have for sure a number of weaknesses we can use. I wouldn't be shocked if we go out in the first round, but I'm optimistic we can pull through.

Obviously if we go further it's likely we face Boston etc, but in a seven game series, we have a chance to beat any team.

I've seen too many good teams struggle towards the last quarter of the season, to then turn things around when the playoffs starts to feel too negative about our chances.

But one step at the time, let us secure the playoffs first!

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I've seen too many good teams struggle towards the last quarter of the season, to then turn things around when the playoffs starts to feel too negative about our chances.
Yeah, our team like last 3-4 seassons xD
thats why I am not worried about Play Off, everything can happen, but I do think we will play better once PO time comes :)

Reactions: Maelmoor

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
People would just be making up excuses for the new defenseman anyways, it's not a personal issue and besides we have no assets or cap to grab a decent defenseman. What exactly are we upgrading on? Cole? He's fine for what he is, our problem is our #1 guy who plays 25mins a night sucks.
Yeah our biggest issues isn't the make up of the team. I agree with you 100% there. Hedman and Vasy blowing massive chunks is our biggest problem. Stamkos while underperforming is still a over a PPG. I would like another 5-10 more goals out of him, but whatever its not the sheer cliff Hedman fell off this year. Those are 3 key pieces which no trade could solve for us.

Grabbing a depth piece on D would have been nice. Fleury, Raddysh aren't it. Perry, Maroon, and Bellemare are basically playing 50% of what they did last season. Ace helps out, Jeannot can move between lines.

This doofus still is holding out hope that they turn it on during the playoffs. Because all I see is pure apathy from a lot of players right now.
Don't forget Perry and Patty being ass
Throw Bellemare in there too.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Im still standing by sending Raddysh and/or Belly down and bringing up 2 of Ryfors, BB, Carlile, and Balcers

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
the problem is hedman i’m sorry. our whole team being elite is based on him being one of the best defensemen in the world. recently he is playing just 22 minutes a game and the results still aren’t good enough.

sure i would love to have some depth and the 2nd line sucks but we need our best players to do most of the work. vasy could be a problem as well but with goalies i’m never too sure

Reactions: Hoek and J T Money

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Jeannot - Point - Kucherov
Stammer - Paul - Hagel
Killorn - Cirelli - Colton
Perry - Ace - Maroon

I want to see what Jeannot does with Point and Kuch. I feel like we can make Jeannot like Miller was with Kuch for a bit there. Just get in front of the net and keep your stick down. Kuch will do the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad