Speculation: 2022-2023 General Lightning Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Here's 2 names I haven't seen come up yet, but I'd be interested in:

Eric Robinson from Columbus. 27 years old (turning 28 in June) - signed for this year and next @ $1.6 M. Speedy bottom 6 guy who forechecks, can help kill penalties, and is a good possession player as well. Not really gonna give you much offensively.

Yakov Trenin from Nashville. 26 years old - signed for this year and next @ $1.7 M. Like Robinson, his offensive game is limited, but he does have 5 goals in 10 playoff games. Another quality bottom 6 guy that kills penalties, and plays with energy. He's strong and has a physical presence.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Eric Robinson from Columbus. 27 years old (turning 28 in June) - signed for this year and next @ $1.6 M. Speedy bottom 6 guy who forechecks, can help kill penalties, and is a good possession player as well. Not really gonna give you much offensively.

Yakov Trenin from Nashville. 26 years old - signed for this year and next @ $1.7 M. Like Robinson, his offensive game is limited, but he does have 5 goals in 10 playoff games. Good bottom 6 guy that kills penalties for the Preds. Strong and has a physical presence.
Nashville hasn't decided if they're sellers or not.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Point21

Oct 23, 2018

Yakov Trenin from Nashville. 26 years old - signed for this year and next @ $1.7 M. Like Robinson, his offensive game is limited, but he does have 5 goals in 10 playoff games. Another quality bottom 6 guy that kills penalties, and plays with energy. He's strong and has a physical presence.
Trenin and Jeannot would be 2 guys on Nashville i would love if they become sellers

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Nashville hasn't decided if they're sellers or not.
I'm not sure how much that matters unless they somehow make a big turn for the playoffs and fast, but I don't really see that happening. JBB has shown at previous trade deadlines that if he really wants someone, even if the other team isn't looking to move them, he'll up an offer that's hard to pass on. What makes it easier for Nashville to say yes, and why I think it's reasonable, is he's not a piece of their core. The past 10 games he's started half of them on the 4th line and the others on the 3rd line. Bottom 6 wingers are expendable, even really good ones. And also at age 26, they know what he is at this point in his career. Obviously there's great value in his cap hit/contract, and he is a good player, but he's got a price.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Lightning pro scout Tony Hrkac scouting the Texas Stars vs Milwaukee Admirals game over the weekend. They are the AHL teams of Dallas and Nashville.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
If Kane goes to Vegas, that’s fine, as at least he remains out of the East. Kane and Meier were pipe dreams to Tampa anyway. Go get two of Lafferty, Barbashev, Bjugstad, Ritchie, etc., and maybe a depth dman, and they’re set. If they target the right F’s, they’ll probably have them for next season(at least) as well, and if it is a ufa like Barbashev, so be it. At least he won’t gut all of the team’s remaining futures. Paying through the nose for a top 6 winger that won’t be staying makes little sense, asoffense isn’t the issue, and the team has 7 or 8 guys that can do well already in a top 6 role if played there. They need better depth in the bottom 6 and a little more defense, whether that be with forwards or a dman, who knows. There’s also the possibility JBB is looking at a 3LD replacement for Cole, who, if acquired at the tdl(with the intention of extending), provides the team with more depth/flexibility for this year‘s run as well as preparing for Cole’s likely departure.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I don't get why so many people are so down on him
I've watched him his whole career. He's a defensive liability. He's like Miller in the sense of you don't know what beast you'll get. He goes on a 10 game stretch where he's on and then 30-40 games where he is completely invisible. He's frustrating as hell to watch. Vancouver fans make excuses for him, but he's a complete no touch for me.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
updated Daily Faceoff article

Yes. If the Bally Sports fiasco is going to destroy what's left of our Cup window because the stupid cap can't go up ***AGAIN*** then f*** everything. We can't do anything about next year's financial implications right now but it's probably gonna screw us over hard. So go all in for one last ride because this is probably gonna be it. Trade everything that's not nailed down. Any prospect, any pick, Foote, Names, even Colton. Get Kane and Lafferty both and emphatically remind the NHL who daddy is with a 4th straight finals and a 3rd Cup in that time. They will remember us for generations. We do this shit, it's probably the GOAT dynasty because no one else did it with 30+ teams and a cap.

*Darth Sidious voice*

Do not hesitate. Show no mercy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad