Speculation: 2022-2023 General Lightning Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Yeah, and if the report that Yzerman isn't looking to move Bertuzzi is accurate, you know JBB would have to overpay for him. For the cost it would take, plus the fact that he wouldn't be re-signing, I hope JBB stays far away from him.
Foote + Howard +1st pick 2032 for Bertuzzi_?xD

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
It's not directly affecting TB, but Toews coming off the trade market makes every other available center just that more valuable.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
kane is like the worst defensive player in the league. would be a disaster

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
I'm not expecting much for us, someone like Meier is out of our reach. If JBB can add someone that will make sure us better, then he will, but in that case its probably a fourth liner or so.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm gonna say this once as a token of ignorance. Who cares about how ONE guy plays "mUh 2o0 fo0t GaMe" when the rest of the team is a well oiled machine? It's like the fat dude in baseball. Your job isn't to chase down fly balls and steal bases. Your job is to sit there on the bench and wait your turn and then CRUSH f***ing dingers 526 feet into someone's car in the parking lot every time 2 guys are on base and you're why the game went from 2-1 to 4-2. Kane won 3 titles being bad defensively. Surely we can figure this out like the Hawks did and the Pens did with Kessel.

This is why I defended Drouin to no end. Kane's job is to crush goals and make plays. If we're gonna win our 3rd title with this group we need a guy who is gonna keep helping us do that

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I'm gonna say this once as a token of ignorance. Who cares about how ONE guy plays "mUh 2o0 fo0t GaMe" when the rest of the team is a well oiled machine? It's like the fat dude in baseball. Your job isn't to chase down fly balls and steal bases. Your job is to sit there on the bench and wait your turn and then CRUSH f***ing dingers 526 feet into someone's car in the parking lot every time 2 guys are on base and you're why the game went from 2-1 to 4-2. Kane won 3 titles being bad defensively. Surely we can figure this out like the Hawks did and the Pens did with Kessel.

This is why I defended Drouin to no end. Kane's job is to crush goals and make plays. If we're gonna win our 3rd title with this group we need a guy who is gonna keep helping us do that

Having two of the best RW's in a generation on two separate lines would be crazy. It feels irresponsible to spend that much on such a luxury item when we're asset poor, but definitely fun to fantasize about. Kane's value is probably lower than it should be due to lack of suitors and concerns about his hip, this is the only time we could make such a move. It could very well end up the way the Iginla-to-Pittsburgh trade did though.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007

not to mention it pushes a better winger down a line (or two) and, in effect, makes us better defensively and offensively by addition by subtraction. i am all over the superstar trade game, but i do think it's unlikely.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018

100000x this! Kane would put our top 6 over the top. and our Bottom 6 gets scarier just by moving someone like Cirelli down to the 3rd line. hypothetically, we can even get Kane at 75% retained and Lafferty and still be under the cap if we move out Foote and Vladdy.
this is a scary lineup
Hagel-Point-Kuch
Killorn-Stamkos-Kane
Colton-Cirelli-Paul
Maroon-Lafferty-Perry

Reactions: SnakeIdol

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Hedman at 3% for Defensive WAR lol
uozok0uhgcja1.png

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Keep in mind my post is about the philosophy of how the game is being played. The difference between Kane and Drouin is the latter has spent his entire career being made to forget who he is. We wanted to turn him into Palat and Killorn and when we finally let him do his own thing, he was our best producing forward who wasn't Kucherov. He goes to Montreal and they do the same shit to him as they did Galchenyuk making him a 1C and all anyone can do is scream at him about how he sucks at it

And we wonder why the poor SOB is broken and how Galchenyuk just burned out. When it comes to who we trade for, his production needs to take precedence. If I want "MOAR GRIT" I'll stack Perry with Maroon and Bellemare and watch it fail disastrously because it's not a possession line. If I want "MOAR SHUTDOWN" I'll stack Paul with Killer and Cirelli and watch us roll exactly 1 scoring line the rest of the game

If we do the unthinkable and land Kane, don't worry about the defense

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017

sure but our defense has already been rough this season. wouldn’t call it a well oiled machine. if it was last year i would get it but not right now

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
sure but our defense has already been rough this season. wouldn’t call it a well oiled machine. if it was last year i would get it but not right now

Most of it has to do with Hedman playing perhaps the worst hockey of his career right now. I completely trust him to step up when we need him most. If he can't, it's because he of all people has played probably the hardest hockey in the league the last 3 years and is physically incapable of better (at the moment) because of the consequences of his duties. If anyone was justified NBA load management it's him

Reactions: ccman68

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Kane is playing season with injury, and knowing our record with injuries it would be veery dangerous to get Kane and than he gots even more injured and will play on one leg like Hagel last season, or wont be playing at all at PO, this is scary part,althrough it would be interesting to see him here. But we need D as well, Perbix is good, be he is lost when we are playing against contenders, nout enough experience for now, it will be hard for him to keep pace against Leafs og Bruins.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Most of it has to do with Hedman playing perhaps the worst hockey of his career right now. I completely trust him to step up when we need him most. If he can't, it's because he of all people has played probably the hardest hockey in the league the last 3 years and is physically incapable of better (at the moment) because of the consequences of his duties. If anyone was justified NBA load management it's him
I think the big question is: why is he sucking? HoFers just dont start playing like shit this young.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Coop never has, probably never will. Too much of a players coach to direct them to sit, I’m afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad