2022-2023 AUS Thread

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
SMU 8 DAL 2. Kind of a ho-hum after the 1st period. DAL needs some work on both sides of the puck. They ae not very speedy and tend to lose puck races. I think it may be a long season for DAL. Too bad after a decent showing last season.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
SMU 8 DAL 2. Kind of a ho-hum after the 1st period. DAL needs some work on both sides of the puck. They ae not very speedy and tend to lose puck races. I think it may be a long season for DAL. Too bad after a decent showing last season.

They have competent goaltending with Hicks and Pickard but they can only do so much.
Losing their best player in recent memory (Derek Gentile) after only one season was a pretty big blow.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Just looking at the box score from the UNB-UdeM game and wondering how someone can be plus-1 on a PP goal?
Also wondering if it's better to have a potential undefeated season shattered in the 2nd game or the 2nd last game?

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
In the Presto box vs UdeM, UNB is listed with 20 skaters. There has to be two of them who didn't actually dress, Presto and AUS stats would be crediting them with a game played

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
In the Presto box vs UdeM, UNB is listed with 20 skaters. There has to be two of them who didn't actually dress, Presto and AUS stats would be crediting them with a game played

Colton Kammerer listed as a +1 even though he won’t play until after Christmas.

Fixed the issue with the +/-, I had just mistakenly typed 21 instead of 71.

Fixed the roster issue too. Simple solution for that... tell your coach to stop being fussy, decide his 20 skaters before the game like everyone else does. Oh, and also let us know who is starting in net so we don't have to go chasing around for him between the warmup and game. Would be nice.

Reactions: FreddyFoyle

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
Fixed the issue with the +/-, I had just mistakenly typed 21 instead of 71.

Fixed the roster issue too. Simple solution for that... tell your coach to stop being fussy, decide his 20 skaters before the game like everyone else does. Oh, and also let us know who is starting in net so we don't have to go chasing around for him between the warmup and game. Would be nice.
Yeah I'll get right on that, lol

The goalie that comes out first for warmup is the starter.

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
Yeah I'll get right on that, lol

The goalie that comes out first for warmup is the starter.
Of course the goalie that comes out first is usually the starter. But it happens that I also have other things to do at the rink than to wait and see who jumps on first. I like to have Presto ready to go before warmup, because there's always something that can come up before game time that needs adressed.

I know it's one of Gardiner's eccentricities, never telling the scorers who the starter is before warmup, and always having 21 dressed for warmup but it can still get annoying. I've worked every level of hockey there is or has been around here and he's the only coach I've known to do that.

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
Of course the goalie that comes out first is usually the starter. But it happens that I also have other things to do at the rink than to wait and see who jumps on first. I like to have Presto ready to go before warmup, because there's always something that can come up before game time that needs adressed.

I know it's one of Gardiner's eccentricities, never telling the scorers who the starter is before warmup, and always having 21 dressed for warmup but it can still get annoying. I've worked every level of hockey there is or has been around here and he's the only coach I've known to do that.
I don't dispute anything said here. All of this is my experience too.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I noticed that the Panthers are having their home opener this Friday at the Eastlink Centre. Just a practice run for the Nationals?
May as well have a look at the rink. Who knows, they may play a game or 2 there this year.

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
I noticed that the Panthers are having their home opener this Friday at the Eastlink Centre. Just a practice run for the Nationals?
MacLauchlan Arenas lost their ice with the power outage/hurricane. The arena website still says the arenas are closed.

Reactions: AUS Fan and Rob

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Congrats to Coach Gardiner MacDougall on his induction into the Fredericton Sports Wall of Fame.
Mac.jpg

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Acadia Twitter: "Due to travel issues, tonight’s game against UNB has been postponed. Sorry for any inconvenience, see you tomorrow night as we host the Moncton Aigles Bleus!"

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Acadia Twitter: "Due to travel issues, tonight’s game against UNB has been postponed. Sorry for any inconvenience, see you tomorrow night as we host the Moncton Aigles Bleus!"
I don’t remember a game being cancelled due to “travel issues” before when weather wasn’t a factor.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Rare Sunday game tonight. Moncton vs SMU
Entertaining game tonight. I like UdeM team - speedy and physical. UdeM was 2-2 on the PP while UNB was 0-10 last night. And very few penalties in a game where there was lots of contact, Good job by the refs to "let them play". Last night was a constant parade to the box.
Next game is Wed when The AXE come to town.

Reactions: timbitca and Rob

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Entertaining game tonight. I like UdeM team - speedy and physical. UdeM was 2-2 on the PP while UNB was 0-10 last night. And very few penalties in a game where there was lots of contact, Good job by the refs to "let them play". Last night was a constant parade to the box.
Next game is Wed when The AXE come to town.
The broadcasters didn't like the penalty shot where Moncton scored.

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
So we'll just call it a 4-3 game then, won't change much. ;)

Don't remember the last time I saw a penalty shot goal by both teams in one game.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
I don’t remember a game being cancelled due to “travel issues” before when weather wasn’t a factor.

Better than being cancelled due to 'cows'.

January 24th, 2020 - RMC @ McGill

"Originally scheduled for a 7 p.m. start, the opening puck drop was postponed after the pre-game warm-up for two hours as the referees were believed to be stuck in a marathon three-hour traffic jam. Various news agencies reported that drivers on Highway 401 in Mississauga, Ont., were forced to navigate around a herd of cattle late Friday and into Saturday after the animals got loose from a transport truck that struck a barrier. The traffic was backed up all the way past Kingston."

Reactions: FreddyFoyle and Rob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad