Prospect Info: [2022 - 1st OA] Juraj Slafkovsky (LW) (Player Discussion ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Keep arguing your definition of consensus all you want. At this point, you're just trying to be right and it's sounding more and more like a spoiled brat's whining.

Other posters are trying to find a middle ground with you in a discussion and your are relentless in trying to be 100% right.

Maybe you just like the attention? I can't imagine what else it might be, because it's definitely not about engaging in discussion.

FYI, discussion forums are not supposed to be argument forums,. which it always seems to be when you post an opinion.

There is a recurring motif where you just want to be right about something - anything.

Fine, you're right. Now, find another subject your want to be right about...

Hearing your same arguments repeatedly, regardless of what else is being said has grown extremely tiresome.
You're tilting on a post from page 110, in the midst of the argument about the definition of consensus. There have been four entire pages on posts from that point on.

Seems to me you want to get mad at me and are digging backwards to reply to previous comments on mine. Feel free, by my guest.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Somehow, I doubt that the 2023 draft will be the greatest draft of all time.

It's not, remember the letter... 2005 had a similar top-heavy ness with Kopitar at 8.5 at 9-10th

So if Sale is 9th in 2023 at 8.7C and you have Slafkovsky at 8.3C, you would have ranked Slafkofsky at what 18th overall in 2023?

Yeah...

Where did you get these numbers?

My evaluations - that's how I make my lists.

Last edited:

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
It’s a long f-n summer. Everyone’s debating with little new information since the draft. Camp can’t come soon enough.
Pretty soon people will be posting viral videos of Pacioretty doing stand-still high jumps at the gym and we’ll all go wild.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Keep arguing your definition of consensus all you want. At this point, you're just trying to be right and it's sounding more and more like a spoiled brat's whining.

Other posters are trying to find a middle ground with you in a discussion and your are relentless in trying to be 100% right.

Maybe you just like the attention? I can't imagine what else it might be, because it's definitely not about engaging in discussion.

FYI, discussion forums are not supposed to be argument forums,. which it always seems to be when you post an opinion.

There is a recurring motif where you just want to be right about something - anything.

Fine, you're right. Now, find another subject your want to be right about...

Hearing your same arguments repeatedly, regardless of what else is being said has grown extremely tiresome.
Sounds like you’re piling on because that’s the easy thing to do and what seems to be the “consensus” thing in this thread to do. There is no definition in the world where 5-4-1 is a consensus.

Reactions: ReHabs and SOLR

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I think a ton of real scouts also had general doubts about the overall quality of the draft. A line we saw was that none of these topX players would go topX in 2023 for instance. The overall water mark of the 22 draft’s high end is lower than normal. The fact is that nobody stood out enough (or: everybody had enough question marks about them to prevent a consensus from being formed).

As for Wright, I didn’t say he would be better or even the better player because we have no idea how any of these players will develop — I said the pick (or Cooley, Nemec, and Jiricek) would be better at fulfilling the Habs organization’s priority need for a 1C and 1D.

I concede it wasn’t a cowboy pick that was off the board, Slaf was ranked top5/top3/top2 even but since no BPA revealed himself I don’t see why we can’t question the wisdom of picking a W who has only showed he can produce in a tournament setting so far in his young career.

And since he has been chosen, we should now be sober and be able to discuss how he can best reach his ceiling.

Fair enough, and I concur.

Expectations wise, I see Slaf as a surefire 4th liner with upside to become a great 3rd line winger.

Safe to say I am keeping expectations low to avoid heartbreak.

That said, I would be more concerned if we had drafted Wright. He is too much of a pastry puff with low compete, IMO, but we shall see.

Reactions: ReHabs

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
At board of directors meetings in every company in the west, consensus generally means 100%, or 80% on the same side.
I don’t suspect FerrisRox or others who scoffed at the term to come here and acknowledge what we all plainly knew (semantics or no semantics): there was no consensus 1OA in this draft.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I don’t suspect FerrisRox or others who scoffed at the term to come here and acknowledge what we all plainly knew (semantics or no semantics): there was no consensus 1OA in this draft.
I mean in the draft video just posted. It was described as a photo finish. In what world is that a consensus? Consensus is overwhelming majority. Not 50% + 1 in a 10 person poll. It’s absurd to call Slaf a consensus 1OA.

Well, after looking at that draft special......seems like they were high on his size most of all.
Still hope it turns well, but I have my doubts.
Was hoping to see skill at the top of the list, but didn’t seem to be.

• Haha
Reactions: ReHabs and dasahgah

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
I mean in the draft video just posted. It was described as a photo finish. In what world is that a consensus? Consensus is overwhelming majority. Not 50% + 1 in a 10 person poll. It’s absurd to call Slaf a consensus 1OA.

Was hoping to see skill at the top of the list, but didn’t seem to be.

Watching the show, I would say Sense of Humor and Character where just as important as Size. Nevertheless, it’s an interesting tidbit considering he’s the largest player drafted in the 1st round ever (with Lindros, McCarron & Specimen). Size was also trumpeted a lot when Lindros was drafted. They probably also discussed Skills behind-the-scene.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Well, after looking at that draft special......seems like they were high on his size most of all.
I got a completely different impression. It seemed like the fact that he kept improving in high pressure situations, and constantly forced himself up the lineup after starting at the bottom as his most impressive traits.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Way too much moneyball talk. Sounds like our scouts still f***ing suck. Super glad we have Slaf but you don’t take him because he’s f***ing big and we have a couple small players. You take him because he’s an effective player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad