Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part VII: Joe is sleepy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
Being in on someone means nothing. The Avs should at the very least ask about every solid player available this deadline.
Disagree with this. Not every solid player is a proper fit for what Colorado needs and/or how the Avs like to play the game so their is no point in asking about them.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So there’s lots of talk that NJ might be busy at the deadline. I don’t think they’d entertain moving him, but if they would I’d pay a lot to pry Jonas Siegenthaler out of there.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Andrew Wiggin

Feb 8, 2020
I don’t think anyone here is advocating trading Newhook for Miller?

I don't know, I think it is an interesting conversation. Nothing is really gelling well in the bottom 6 and if Newhook had to be the headliner and we could get away with Newhook + JT Compher for JT Miller and Schenn both 50% retained both are signed for more than just a rental and would allow us to keep a lot of the other good assets we have. Not advocating necessarily but wouldn't hate something like that.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't know, I think it is an interesting conversation. Nothing is really gelling well in the bottom 6 and if Newhook had to be the headliner and we could get away with Newhook + JT Compher for JT Miller and Schenn both 50% retained both are signed for more than just a rental and would allow us to keep a lot of the other good assets we have. Not advocating necessarily but wouldn't hate something like that.
Only issue is that Newhook is the only C prospect(well not prospect anymore really)we have that’s even close to NHL quality. If Miller was signed longer I’d be fine with including him, but I don’t think it’s worth it for a year and a half of Miller.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Garland would be a very interesting acquisition at the right price. Doesn’t particularly address size in our forwards, but he would be amazing next to Newhook on the third line.

What’s the rumored ask for Garland?

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
Garland would be a very interesting acquisition at the right price. Doesn’t particularly address size in our forwards, but he would be amazing next to Newhook on the third line.

I don’t think there’s a rumored ask. Probably similar to what Giroux and Miller’s price tags are since Garland is on a good contract for 4 more years after this year.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

Garland may not be big, but he plays big. He's basically early season LOC with top-6 skills. If the Avs are going to spend big, and sell off significant futures, it would be genius to do that by going after Miller and Garland since they still have time on their contracts. Unless Van's GM is drunk, I don't see that being a legitimate option though.

Reactions: Perratrooper

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Girard has been mediocre all year and going into the playoffs you don't want that from your #3 D. I'd upgrade there if possible by trading Girard for a Chychrun or someone. Or give G a better partner, Byram coming back will make a difference

Last edited:
Reactions: AvsCOL

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
No thanks to Garland, if we waste assets on him I'll fly to Denver and K.O him with a flying helmet myself.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008

This would explain why they wanted Stalock

This should be the kiss of death on San Jose's season. They've allowed 155 shots their last four games and were held to 17 shots (or less) for twice in that span (and miraculously won twice thanks to Reimer).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad