Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part VII: Joe is sleepy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Obviously JT Miller would be a perfect fit, but I worry about the price. If I was Vancouver the ask would be a Newhook/Byram level prospect, and no way am I doing that if I'm the Avs. For a player like Miller you have to think all prospects are on the table, save for those two. This is a point-per-game forward with a serious edge, and two years left on his deal.

I really don't see a fit for a trade with the Avs. Unless they really like Barron or Helleson, I just don't see it.

Reactions: Chiarelli

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah I'd like to think our leadership group is strong enough to deal with Miller's "sandpaper" character.
I mean if they can deal with Mack they can deal with Miller. I don’t really think Millers a bad dude or anything. Everything I’ve heard makes him sound similar to Mack.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
No chance I'm trading Newhook at this point. Especially not with the way he has looked the last couple of weeks. He's looking more and more like that "switch" went off in his head recently and it's only a matter of time now before he starts breaking out in a big way.

Tbh I'd make any other prospect available for Miller though

2023 1st + Olausson + Barron for example I would do. Toss in Jost for Salary and try to get Luke Schenn back as well in the deal.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I mean if they can deal with Mack they can deal with Miller. I don’t really think Millers a bad dude or anything. Everything I’ve heard makes him sound similar to Mack.
From what I read about Miller it doesn't seem they are alike. Mack's issue is more about temper tantrums but overall he is a pretty good dude. Miller on the other hand is more of a "jerk". I used the "" because I'm not saying he is one but closer to that character. I've never met the guy though so I might be totally off.

Reactions: Patagonia

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Someone I'd love for the Avs to take a big swing at is Nikolaj Ehlers.

Screen-Shot-2022-03-01-at-11.59.18-AM.png

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I said it the other day re: Miller, but I absolutely do not want to trade Alex Newhook for him.

Newhook just turned 21. He's on pace for 21 goals and 19 assists over a full season, despite playing just 13:32 per night with extremely sketchy linemates (Aube-Kubel, Compher, Jost, O'Connor).

I don't think I'm being a homer by saying that with another off-season under his belt and more ice time with better linemates, we could easily be looking at a 50+ point player next season.

I get that Miller's a star but Newhook (for 5+ years) + a high quality rental like Giroux (1 playoff run) > Miller (2 playoff runs).

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I said it the other day re: Miller, but I absolutely do not want to trade Alex Newhook for him.

Newhook just turned 21. He's on pace for 21 goals and 19 assists over a full season, despite playing just 13:32 per night with extremely sketchy linemates (Aube-Kubel, Compher, Jost, O'Connor).

I don't think I'm being a homer by saying that with another off-season under his belt and more ice time with better linemates, we could easily be looking at a 50+ point player next season.

I get that Miller's a star but Newhook (for 5+ years) + a high quality rental like Giroux (1 playoff run) > Miller (2 playoff runs).
Yah Newhook is a conversation ender. Ditto Bo. Everyone else you can have a conversation on in terms of the young guys.

Reactions: shadow1

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I don’t think anyone here is advocating trading Newhook for Miller?

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I don’t think anyone here is advocating trading Newhook for Miller?

They're not, but the rumor is that Colorado is interested and Newhook will likely be the price of admission.

I'm sure people will put together massive packages that don't include Newhook but his exclusion will realistically be a deal breaker for Vancouver. And I don't blame them - Miller is a star, on pace for 93 points.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
They're not, but the rumor is that Colorado is interested and Newhook will likely be the price of admission.

I'm sure people will put together massive packages that don't include Newhook but his exclusion will realistically be a deal breaker for Vancouver. And I don't blame them - Miller is a star, on pace for 93 points.
And if he’s the price I’m sure the Avs won’t pay it.

Reactions: shadow1

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
No chance I'm trading Newhook at this point. Especially not with the way he has looked the last couple of weeks. He's looking more and more like that "switch" went off in his head recently and it's only a matter of time now before he starts breaking out in a big way.

Tbh I'd make any other prospect available for Miller though

2023 1st + Olausson + Barron for example I would do. Toss in Jost for Salary and try to get Luke Schenn back as well in the deal.

Heh, I was thinking the exact same three picks/prospects + Jost, but with Motte instead of Schenn. Having a 3rd line of Miller centering Newhook and Motte would keep Compher on the 4th line:thumbu: Atleast until we get an injury/suspension:ha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad