2021-2022 AUS Thread

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Montpetite made some ridiculous saves last night for Moncton, UNB with numerous close range chances. Gilmour returns and scores the winner.

Very nice to see Gilmour back. I was there in Halifax when he broke his leg. Didn't think we would see him again this season.

UNB still having problem scoring. Still should be able to finish off Moncton tomorrow night especially with Cyr out.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
That would be my guess…the recap of tonight’s game says it’s still TBA though. Regardless the night, hopefully we see a huge crowd.
Speaking of crowds , I went to Moncton tonight and that was the best atmosphere I’ve ever experienced in CIS hockey including attending at least 6 national championship’s off the top of my head … not the biggest crowd in the world but I felt like I was at a US College .. I really hope their team can return to relevancy , I also miss their fans travelling down to Freddy come playoff time (2007 AUS/CIS finals were so fun!).

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Speaking of crowds , I went to Moncton tonight and that was the best atmosphere I’ve ever experienced in CIS hockey including attending at least 6 national championship’s off the top of my head … not the biggest crowd in the world but I felt like I was at a US College .. I really hope their team can return to relevancy , I also miss their fans travelling down to Freddy come playoff time (2007 AUS/CIS finals were so fun!).

You must have missed SFX-UNB 2004 and 2016, to name two games that were rockin'.

Reactions: FreddyFoyle

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
For me (all UNB games) the games that stick out in terms of best crowds are the following:
vs. STU (2002 playoffs)
vs. Alberta (2004 UCup)
vs. SMU (Game 1, 2009 AUS Final)
vs. St. FX (Game 5, 2011 AUS Final)
vs. Western (2011 University Cup)
vs. Saskatchewan (2017 University Cup)
vs. St. FX (2018 University Cup)

I wasn’t at the UCup final in 2007 (vs. Moncton) or 2016 (vs. St. FX).

The crowd for the 2016 X/Saskatchewan semi-final game in Halifax deserves mention as well.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
My faves were the 2 years in Kitchener where a "crowd" of several hundred (maybe) watched UQTR and UWO win.

Absolutely the worse attended Nationals I've been at. Lethbridge was close.

I may have mentioned this before, but when UWO won in 2002 the game went to 3OT. The Rangers and Guelph had a playoff game that night and the fans were clamoring to get in around 6ish. I recall some fans complaining about someone in their seat as the U Cup game was still on.

When the game finally ended, UWO was basically given the trophy and told to get off the ice. No skate with the trophy, no fans on the ice, nothing.

Even the post game media stuff happened in the dressing room because the Guelph guys were doing their stretching and stuff.

Shabby ending...

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Some nasty weather for New Brunswick and Nova Scotia tomorrow. Might be smart to delay the game until Saturday?
X could also come down a day early, who knows. Im paranoid as shit with UNB’s inability to stay healthy this year, I’d settle for a game of Rock Paper Scissors .

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
I think that they are pretty healthy right now? Keating and Gilmour both played against Moncton. I don't if anyone else is out for UNB?
Not sure if X has anyone out?
Everyone played down in Moncton. I’m more speaking of my fear a key guy goes down in what will likely be a very physical game with X. That’s hockey but at this point my brain is in Wolfville lol

VRedsRule

Aug 26, 2008
For me (all UNB games) the games that stick out in terms of best crowds are the following:
vs. STU (2002 playoffs)
vs. Alberta (2004 UCup)
vs. SMU (Game 1, 2009 AUS Final)
vs. St. FX (Game 5, 2011 AUS Final)
vs. Western (2011 University Cup)
vs. Saskatchewan (2017 University Cup)
vs. St. FX (2018 University Cup)

I wasn’t at the UCup final in 2007 (vs. Moncton) or 2016 (vs. St. FX).

The crowd for the 2016 X/Saskatchewan semi-final game in Halifax deserves mention as well.
Unb vs u ot t in early 80s was amazing atmosphere

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Everyone played down in Moncton. I’m more speaking of my fear a key guy goes down in what will likely be a very physical game with X. That’s hockey but at this point my brain is in Wolfville lol
Correction , Hall didn’t play , I should have remembered this since he was sitting right by me lol

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
X could also come down a day early, who knows. Im paranoid as shit with UNB’s inability to stay healthy this year, I’d settle for a game of Rock Paper Scissors .
I will be happy as long as there isn't a line brawl and suspensions. But to be fair, X has replaced most of their knuckleheads with skilled players.

Reactions: dm8895 and Rob

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
A good playoff tilt. Shots were low for a UNB game. Surprised that X stayed back and decided to play the counter attack game.
Hope they don't meet in the semis at the Nationals.

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Hmm I think I may have forgotten how loud the AUC can be when the place is packed.. Pretty easy to forget when 97% of the time it is the same 1000 people politely clapping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad