2018 World Hockey Championships

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Larkin should have the C, easily the most noticeable US player (in a positive way). Kane a captain? lol.

Several bad ones too, like a really terrible one on his first shift I believe it was. Still overall I did like his game.
he got bad pas at that situation , not really his fault

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Wearing the A.

He will have one in Detroit in 2019-2020 after Kronwall retires.

He is a big leader in USA hockey, I don't remember but he might have worn one last year as well.

Larkin has the potential to be a National Team captain at events. He is massively respected as a leader with USA hockey. Heck he is there in an RFA year, not many do that.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I know a lot of people would be upset, but when are they going to let Larkin switch to #21?

It is his preferred number and I hate that he wears #71... Not that he is the only one that can wear it, others can wear #71 but I do associate it with Malkin and I hate that guy.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I know a lot of people would be upset, but when are they going to let Larkin switch to #21?

It is his preferred number and I hate that he wears #71... Not that he is the only one that can wear it, others can wear #71 but I do associate it with Malkin and I hate that guy.
If he switches to 21 I'm buying a jersey the day of the announcement.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Matched up against McDavid all game. Larkins line scored twice (both goals by Larkin) McDavids line scored once. So Larkin won the match up.

By the way Jensen was the D-man they matched up on him and he had a terrific game even if people here have decided he is a bum. That was interesting to see.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
His preferred number was 17, after his favorite player Brown. #17 was taken his rookie year and he never switched after that.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
If he switches to 21 I'm buying a jersey the day of the announcement.
And I'm happy I've got a rare jersey.
It's weird that people are upset when a player whose jersey they have leaves or changes their number as if it makes the jersey obsolete, in my mind it makes it cooler.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
And I'm happy I've got a rare jersey.
It's weird that people are upset when a player whose jersey they have leaves or changes their number as if it makes the jersey obsolete, in my mind it makes it cooler.
Yea, I don't think it diminishes the value either. To each their own. It just shows you've been a fan of the player a long time.

Reactions: NickH8

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
By the way Jensen was the D-man they matched up on him and he had a terrific game even if people here have decided he is a bum. That was interesting to see.
I. Like. Jensen.

I don't see the gaffes you guys are seeing. Everyone says he just get pushed around and while he's not crushing anyone against the boards, I don't see him getting pushed around either. He'll take a hit to make a play.

He still hasn't found much in the way of offense though. No offense + not a super shutdown guy = bottom pairing material.

But I like him and think he's a decent player.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
The better Jensen plays, the greater the trade value.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I. Like. Jensen.

I don't see the gaffes you guys are seeing. Everyone says he just get pushed around and while he's not crushing anyone against the boards, I don't see him getting pushed around either. He'll take a hit to make a play.

He still hasn't found much in the way of offense though. No offense + not a super shutdown guy = bottom pairing material.

But I like him and think he's a decent player.

I am probably Jensen's biggest fan around these parts.:laugh: I am hoping for a little more in the way of gains, but he is certainly a NHL player to me. Still he needs to be safer with the puck, but he isn't a lost cause and he fits how the league has evolved. I hope he has a solid tournament here, he was very good yesterday in my opinion matched against McDavid. Could be a big confidence booster and he could move up the lineup while the younger kids start getting their feet wet. But he needs to keep progressing a little more. I don't agree with those that need to run him out of town every day.

Yes when we are good again he is unlikely to be here. But that is fine, if he progresses a little he might net us a little better asset than we think. Right handed D-man with extremely good speed with just a little more progression when we do move on he probably gets us something a little better than the waiver wire outcome I see posted around here a lot. But again he does need to take the next step, I don't want him to level off like DeKeyser at what he is right now.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
How's Hughes been?

Glad to see Jensen getting some love, I love his skating and eagerness to get the play up, he's a fine #5 D.
Nyqvist scored, Larkin scored 2 and Nielsen had the SO winner.
Sulak and Hronek are playing tonight.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
How's Hughes been?

Glad to see Jensen getting some love, I love his skating and eagerness to get the play up, he's a fine #5 D.
Nyqvist scored, Larkin scored 2 and Nielsen had the SO winner.
Sulak and Hronek are playing tonight.

Hughes was very strong against Canada yesterday. He looked bigger than expected and made several nice defensive plays. He and Butcher looked like a good pairing and both guys seem like they might be a little too small to be together but held their own. Very positive first game, actually sort of too good for me. I still want him to be there at #6:laugh:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
How small does Butcher look in the NHL and how does he manage physically? Because him and Hughes looked quite similar out there yesterday, although Hughes' skating is pretty awesome for his age and that will be an advantage when overcoming issues caused by his size.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Hughes was very strong against Canada yesterday. He looked bigger than expected and made several nice defensive plays. He and Butcher looked like a good pairing and both guys seem like they might be a little too small to be together but held their own. Very positive first game, actually sort of too good for me. I still want him to be there at #6:laugh:
Hughes is my guy after Dobson. He'll be an offensive powerhouse on d if he can translate to the NHL.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I dont normally visit other forums, but since the coach of the team is my guy in the draft, I figured I would ask. Any way hughes gets passed detroit? I am guessing the draft will go dahlin, svechnikov,zadina,tkachuk, and then i can see any combo of bouchard,dobson, wahlstrom, Kotkaniemi,hughes. It scares me blashill is his coach, I thought van had a shot.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I dont normally visit other forums, but since the coach of the team is my guy in the draft, I figured I would ask. Any way hughes gets passed detroit? I am guessing the draft will go dahlin, svechnikov,zadina,tkachuk, and then i can see any combo of bouchard,dobson, wahlstrom, Kotkaniemi,hughes. It scares me blashill is his coach, I thought van had a shot.

I hope he doesn't, I have him at #3 on my board.

They are publicly putting out there some other names through the media in Detroit, but they went out of their way to pump up Necas before drafting Rasmussen last year. The Wings are pretty guarded on their draft board in the run into this process.

They certainly are evaluating him hard. His WC coach, he is rooming with the Wings future captain in Larkin. He has been playing in their backyard for several years now. They will have an informed opinion on him for sure in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad