2018 World Hockey Championships

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
He looked bad before that 1st Russian goal, but otherwise looks promising mainly in the offensive zone.
I don't think he looked bad on that goal. Barabanov made a great play to avoid the hit biut Hronek recovered instantly and was all over him. Just a great play by Barabanov.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Finland is crushing Canada right now, pretty surprising.

Looks like Team USA should have a good shot at the Semis, just need to beat the Czechs or the Swiss likely. This group has enough skill to beat the czechs in my opinion.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Finland is crushing Canada right now, pretty surprising.

Looks like Team USA should have a good shot at the Semis, just need to beat the Czechs or the Swiss likely. This group has enough skill to beat the czechs in my opinion.
meanwhile Holland watching different game

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
Nielsen scored a beauty top shelf tonight and added another assist. it was against south korea though but he looks great this tournament so far.

Reactions: lilidk

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Nielsen scored a beauty top shelf tonight and added another assist. it was against south korea though but he looks great this tournament so far.
Ya I wish Nielsen would get to play with a little more skill in Detroit. He’s just asked to be defensive so much that I think it’s hinder his offensive game. Put him with some skill and I think his production goes up. I actually like him a lot on the pp but he was barely used on it this year until maybe the last 10-15 games

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Ya I wish Nielsen would get to play with a little more skill in Detroit. He’s just asked to be defensive so much that I think it’s hinder his offensive game. Put him with some skill and I think his production goes up. I actually like him a lot on the pp but he was barely used on it this year until maybe the last 10-15 games
I think it's more important to get the younger guys in those offensive positions. Sure, we could squeeze an extra ten points out of Nielsen, but how does that really benefit us? That being said I'd rather have Nielsen on the PP than Abdelkader, especially with Bertuzzi and Rasmussen being good net front guys.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think it's more important to get the younger guys in those offensive positions. Sure, we could squeeze an extra ten points out of Nielsen, but how does that really benefit us? That being said I'd rather have Nielsen on the PP than Abdelkader, especially with Bertuzzi and Rasmussen being good net front guys.

they could just not use the third line as a defensive shutdown line.

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha
Rasmussen-Z-Nyquist
Athansiou-Nielsen-Gator

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
they could just not use the third line as a defensive shutdown line.

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha
Rasmussen-Z-Nyquist
Athansiou-Nielsen-Gator
That third line is what we were running since the deadline, and he only got six points in that time frame.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
That third line is what we were running since the deadline, and he only got six points in that time frame.

The whole team got six points in that frame. Mix and match that nine however you want, though. That's the point - we have the guys to fill out a top9 of reasonably skilled lines. There's no reason to throw Glendening and Helm into that mess for a match-up line when they could just be used as that on the fourth line.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
The whole team got six points in that frame. Mix and match that nine however you want, though. That's the point - we have the guys to fill out a top9 of reasonably skilled lines. There's no reason to throw Glendening and Helm into that mess for a match-up line when they could just be used as that on the fourth line.
Replace Helm with Rasmussen and the team has been doing exactly what you want since the deadline. I don't know what you're complaining about.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Nyquist-z-Bert
Mantha-Larkin-AA
Svech-Nielsen-ras
Helm-Glenny-Abby

Daley-Bouchard
Kronwall- Hronek
Kickets-green

That would be my lineup, obviously if we get Bouchard. It’s the same if we get Dobson or Boqvist as well

Reactions: masta8

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Nyquist-z-Bert
Mantha-Larkin-AA
Svech-Nielsen-ras
Helm-Glenny-Abby

Daley-Bouchard
Kronwall- Hronek
Kickets-green

That would be my lineup, obviously if we get Bouchard. It’s the same if we get Dobson or Boqvist as well
I'm not sure if any of Bouchard, Dobson, or Boqvist (especially) are NHL ready, let alone ready for a top pair role. We can't be like Edmonton and rush guys. Bouchard maybe on the third pair and power play.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Nyquist-z-Bert
Mantha-Larkin-AA
Svech-Nielsen-ras
Helm-Glenny-Abby

Daley-Bouchard
Kronwall- Hronek
Kickets-green

Training camp will show everything Most likely Svechnikovs and Hronek not going to make it. There are bet ter players in GR than thous 2. Holland at world cup now. Mabe we going to get some undrafted players from Europe

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Training camp will show everything Most likely Svechnikovs and Hronek not going to make it. There are bet ter players in GR than thous 2. Holland at world cup now. Mabe we going to get some undrafted players from Europe
Who’s better than those 2 in gr?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I'm not sure if any of Bouchard, Dobson, or Boqvist (especially) are NHL ready, let alone ready for a top pair role. We can't be like Edmonton and rush guys. Bouchard maybe on the third pair and power play.

Boqvist absolutely isn't ready, I agree with that. I think with Bouchard I kind of view his game similar to that of Rasmussen as far as where they are physically and developmentally. It probably doesn't do him a ton of good to continue playing against kids that he is far superior to on a nightly basis. I would try to get him to be in the NHL if he has a good offseason prep, good camp, and proves he can hang in there over the allotted number of games before burning a year of his ELC. If he can hang, let him stay and learn, if you have doubts, then send him back. Dobson I think does stand room to improve the way that Cholowski did; give him a defined set of things to work on in addition to the obvious physical training and let him perfect it in juniors another year. Over the next year Dobson can add another 15-20 pounds and then really emphasize the offensive end of his game as a PP QB before trying to break in.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Boqvist absolutely isn't ready, I agree with that. I think with Bouchard I kind of view his game similar to that of Rasmussen as far as where they are physically and developmentally. It probably doesn't do him a ton of good to continue playing against kids that he is far superior to on a nightly basis. I would try to get him to be in the NHL if he has a good offseason prep, good camp, and proves he can hang in there over the allotted number of games before burning a year of his ELC. If he can hang, let him stay and learn, if you have doubts, then send him back. Dobson I think does stand room to improve the way that Cholowski did; give him a defined set of things to work on in addition to the obvious physical training and let him perfect it in juniors another year. Over the next year Dobson can add another 15-20 pounds and then really emphasize the offensive end of his game as a PP QB before trying to break in.

In what way? Is it purely physical?

I think we, as Wings fans, have been conditioned to be too cautious with some of these guys. Are they likely going to be as strong now as they will be at 23? or 25? No, but I don't think it's really necessary - especially considering how physical play has become de-emphasized a bit over the past ten or so years and that if these kids are making the team, going out there and having to out muscle guys on a regular basis probably isn't something in their game that's making them push for a spot.

What you outline for Bouchard - getting the kid into camp, seeing how he does, etc. - is how we should be treating whoever we bring to camp. If one of these kids comes in and is just plain better than the other guys fighting for a spot, the other guys shouldn't win just because they are older and heavier.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I think we, as Wings fans, have been conditioned to be too cautious with some of these guys. Are they likely going to be as strong now as they will be at 23? or 25? No, but I don't think it's really necessary - especially considering how physical play has become de-emphasized a bit over the past ten or so years and that if these kids are making the team, going out there and having to out muscle guys on a regular basis probably isn't something in their game that's making them push for a spot.

What you outline for Bouchard - getting the kid into camp, seeing how he does, etc. - is how we should be treating whoever we bring to camp. If one of these kids comes in and is just plain better than the other guys fighting for a spot, the other guys shouldn't win just because they are older and heavier.

Physical and he might need some time to adjust to playing on the smaller ice surface. We will have to see what these kids come in a the combine, a lot of these numbers are probably pretty outdated or off. I thought I remembered in an interview on the Pipeline Show Boqvist said he weighs 185 lbs.

But regardless, I think Dahlin is the only defenseman ready to play in the NHL next year in this draft.

Reactions: lilidk

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

I mean, yes everyone needs to get into camp and see what they are capable of, but Boqvist is not ready in a variety of ways. He split time between SuperElit and SHL. He couldn't earn a consistent spot in the SHL, and in his time there he couldn't produce offensively, which is supposed to be his strength. He is a serious work in progress defensively. He is under developed physically. Now this isn't taking away from his potential or his value as a prospect, but keep in mind he's only one month ahead of the cutoff from being part of next year's draft, meaning he is lacking almost a full year's worth of development compared to someone like Bouchard. He is the type of player that I want in camp and keep him around as long as possible with no intention of him ever sniffing the opening night roster. If he forces my hand, so be it, but nothing indicates he will be ready to. If there's a learning curve for North American ice, how to generate offense against the best players in the world, how to play defense in general, and how to physically handle the NHL, that's just too much for a barely 18 year old to try to pick up on the fly.

I guess my point originally was, Boqvist can take a big step forward developmentally and have a intermediary league to play against men in the SHL next year, whereas Bouchard (or Dobson) is either playing against men in the NHL or playing kids in the OHL/QMJHL.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Really impressed with the composure,skating and just the 5-10 foot passes that Hronek makes when watching him toady. Kid is very active in the o zone as well. I know he makes a few risky pinches and what not but I can live with that knowing how good he is at moving the puck

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Really impressed with the composure,skating and just the 5-10 foot passes that Hronek makes when watching him toady. Kid is very active in the o zone as well. I know he makes a few risky pinches and what not but I can live with that knowing how good he is at moving the puck
I think it's learning process for him. His offence looks great, need a lot of work at his defense next year . Maybe they will bring him at end of the next seoson

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
What is Holland up to , watching world cup. Is he planning to get one or two players from Europe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad