2018 World Hockey Championships

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Hicketts , Matt Puempel, Tangradi, Sulak. Long term Hronek will be better then other , just not now. I will be surprised if Svechnikovs become disent NHL player

Tangradi? The guy is 29YO and set to be UFA and in a 9 year pro career with 144 NHL games, he's proved to be a career AHL guy that can play 6 minutes of short term spot duty on an NHL 4th line. Puempel can become a UFA as well.

Training camp will show everything Most likely Svechnikovs and Hronek not going to make it. There are bet ter players in GR than thous 2. Holland at world cup now. Mabe we going to get some undrafted players from Europe

I would hope in Svechnikovs case that he comes to camp super motivated and makes it extremely difficult for the team to send him back to GR. For a couple of reasons:

A. He's burned his 3 ELC signing bonuses, so this next season he makes only $70k playing in GR, vs $832.5k with the incentive of a $212.5k performance bonus playing in the NHL.
B. He has a younger (and better) brother that's likely to step right into the NHL. I doubt he wants to tune in to his brothers NHL games and hear about how Andrei has an older brother playing in the AHL or sitting as a healthy scratch in the NHL.

Reactions: NickH8

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
Latvia wins 1-0 eliminating Nielsen and the Danes. Nielsen named one of Denmark's 3 top players along with Frederik Andersen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad