Post-Game Talk: 2018 Winter Olympics - PyeongChang, South Korea February 9-25

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Russia should win the men's hockey tournament with ease. I will still watch because it is the Olympics, but this is like having the NHL on lockout and you have to watch the AHL instead, yeah it is hockey, but just not the same without the best players being there. As for what was available for Canada, I am really surprised they did not take P.A. Parenteau, decent NHL goal scorer and good in shoot outs and also big shock no Zach Boychuck, he was great for them in the Spengler cup and I think led the team in scoring.
Russia team technically does not exist, bbfan.... due to the scandal over doping.... IOC deems them for now OAR.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I think they are going to be one of my favorite stories. They already plastered Russia (or the country formerly known as Russia?) tonight.

Besides, they totally remind me of me and my brother. :laugh:

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Figure Skating starts tomorrow and Women’s Hockey starts Sunday.

USA v. Finland is at 2:40am
Canada v. OAR (Russia) is at 7:10am

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
27629517_10214343061823120_1936886746709760691_o.jpg

Curling at 6:15 AM

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
As much as I like Kelly, I am not exactly rooting for a team with Lapierre, Raymond, and Derek Roy on it.

Looking at the rosters, I think Sweden takes it. They have the best goalies, the best defense, some talent up front. The Artist Formerly Known As Russia will compete because Kovalchuk is the best player in the tournament and that will take them somewhere. Canada is pretty deep and should be in the running. Dark horse for me is Switzerland if Jonas Hiller gets hot. I don't think the US will go very far.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I was watching curling and switched channels for a minute to see how the Predators were doing. Then I got distracted reading something on my phone and forgot which channel the TV was on. Imagine my surprise when I thought I was watching curling and heard the announcer taking about someone getting slashed on the ankle. :help: :laugh:

Full contact curling coming to the Olympics in 2022!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I can blame him for the way he handled this though.

Hamlin also deserves it, and they tied in a fair vote knowing it would come down to a coin toss. Losing the cointoss and then implying racism on the part of the committee is not a good look.

I can not disagree with that.

I am familar with the work Davis has done for young athletes in Rogers Park ( far Northside Chicago ) and Evanston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad