Post-Game Talk: 2018 Winter Olympics - PyeongChang, South Korea February 9-25

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Watching a replay of the figure skating gala. The Chaplin routine was cute. But my favorite is Javier Fernandez. What a nut. :laugh:

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Well. I didn't get into the Olympics as much as usual this time. The time difference sucks and I can't record live sports and watch them later. oh well.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
John Oliver's intro last night included

upload_2018-2-26_7-6-52.png

Reactions: Ritmo

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I thought the Olympics this year were just...lacking.

Obviously the womens hockey was a bright spot, and extremely enjoyable, but overall the games weren't great this time around.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Watched some of the sled hockey. Those guys are some serious athletes! USA was up 2-0 last I checked.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
They said when a stick breaks, they have to drop it just like in the NHL. Problem is, that leaves them only one stick to propel themselves with, to get another stick from the bench. My arms hurt just thinking about playing that sport.

Also, looks like the neutral zone is smaller?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Anybody watching the sled hockey final? US tied it up with 38 seconds left after pulling the goalie. Canada could have put it away with an empty net goal right before the US scored but it went off the pipe. Heading to OT. :popcorn:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
US wins!!!! Wow, what a game :)

That guy on Canada who missed the empty net will be reliving that in his mind for a long time though. :(

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
US wins!!!! Wow, what a game :)

That guy on Canada who missed the empty net will be reliving that in his mind for a long time though. :(

My son and I stayed up and watched it. It was a great W for the US and gave them two out of a possible three Olympic Golds in hockey.

The Canadian player who hit the pipe (Armstrong I think) probably should have scored, but it wasn’t a gimme either. He was at an angle and being pressured.

The US got dominated in the first period, but I thought carried the play in the last two periods and OT after they put Farmer and Roybals back together on the same line. The Canadians just couldn’t deal with the speed of those two players. I was glad that Farmer ended up getting the GTG and the GWG because he’s a fantastic player, and otherwise he would have been the goat. Earlier in the 3rd period on a PP, he had a wide open shot to tie the game and lost the handle on the puck.

I was super impressed by the skill levels and determination of all the sled players. A real eye opener about what some of these players go through and the effort they put in to play the game.

Reactions: Bruinaura

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad