Post-Game Talk: 2018 Winter Olympics - PyeongChang, South Korea February 9-25

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Team USA Hockey annnounces the Olympic teams for both the men and women during the second intermission of the Winter Classic today.

According to Barstool, it looks like Ryan Donato and Chris Bourque have made the team

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Bright side....they can’t possibly screw this up as bad as 2014 when the sent Orpik and Martin and would have sent Komisarek if he didn’t fortunately hurt his knee.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Anyone know why Alex Carpenter or Megan Bozek aren’t on the Women’s team?

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Team USA Hockey annnounces the Olympic teams for both the men and women during the second intermission of the Winter Classic today.

According to Barstool, it looks like Ryan Donato and Chris Bourque have made the team

This is fantastic...can't wait to finally watch Ryan. Cool that Ray's little dude will be playing.

Reactions: Alicat

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
When is Canada making the announcements? I'm interested to see who northeastern may lose for beanpot if anyone. Greenway and Danato going to USA is good for NCAA and good for northeastern.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I don’t follow it closely either but if an article pops up on twitter or if they are on tv I’ll turn the games on for a bit.

Just baffling that Carpenter was cut.

Proud day Ray checks in. A special moment for the family.

So I guess this means that Zack Bergeron could play for team USA someday, right? :naughty:

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Congrats to Ryan, I am happy for him and the family.

It will be interesting to see what type of role he plays on the team it

Ryan is one of only 4 prospects to make the team, the rest are over 28 (Others are Terry Troy, Will Borgen, and Jordan Greenway)

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I like watching the women play, but wouldn’t call my self super knowledgeable about the team. That being said, Carpenter and Bozek are practically household names.

Should I be surprised that people calling themselves hockey fans are on Twitter saying they don’t know who Brian Gionta is?

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Personally would have preferred a team filled with all NCAA players and American Born Junior players. Basically, the WJC-U17-20 teams WITH Donato, Greenway, Terry, Gaudette. That would have been a lot of fun to watch.

Reactions: northeastern

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I’m happy for Donato, but I can’t imagine this is going to do well ratings wise.

Man, think about what could have been...

Saad - Matthews - Kane
Gaudreau-Eichel-Oshie
Wheeler - Pavelski - Kessel
Larkin-Trocheck-JVR
X: Tyler Johnson

McDonagh-Carlson
Suter-Jones
Krug-Trouba
X: McAvoy

Quick/Schneider/Gibson

Ad

Upcoming events