Post-Game Talk: 2018 Winter Classic: Sabres vs. Rangers at Citi Field

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Also, they added a little "NY" on the Sabres logo, which is weird.

lKBY2RC.jpg

The NY Sabres are my favorite squadron.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Where's the NY on our logo? Not seeing it on those jerseys, what am I missing.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
me too, love it but it's only some Sabres fan concept art. The logo though seems legit that it could be on the Winter Classic jerseys since it was on the Sabres snapchat.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

"It's exciting. I've always dreamed of being able to do something like this," said Sabres center Jack Eichel. "Being here, it gets more real and the event gets more and more exciting."

"It's incredible to see this come together," added center Ryan O'Reilly." You see the outline of a rink in the stadium and to see how many people are going to be here is awesome. We're fortunate to play in beautiful arenas but to play in front of maybe three times that number of people will be amazing."

"We knew that the Winter Classic would take our game back to its outdoor roots, provide an opportunity for fans to come together in unprecedented numbers and continue their New Year's Even parties by attending an NHL game outside in a non-traditional venue," said Commissioner Gary Bettman. "But no one could have imagined that this great event would actually become a classic."

"The last eight years I've always hoped we could get one of these games and I finally did," O'Reilly said. "I'm hoping to soak it all in. The last one was an unfortunate finish for Buffalo. To see the snow flying, barely able to see the puck, it was really cool. And it's great how things can grow. I can't wait to be a part of it."

Bettman said there are likely to be more announcements surrounding the game in the coming weeks. Past years have included an alumni game between the teams on New Year's Eve and a reality show following both clubs for either the Showtime or Epix networks.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad