WC: 2018 - Team Czech Republic

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Michal Moravčík, David Sklenička (both HC Škoda Plzeň) and Dominik Kubalík (HC Ambrì-Piotta) added on roster.

Update: Mertl and even Gulaš still possibilities. Stach was also invite, but he will go at surgery soon. No one from Mountfield will get invite.

Injury report: Galvas, Vitásek and Polášek are okay. Mozík is question, but remains with team for now.

No info on NHL players, coachs tell more about them after medical checkups are done.

Last edited:

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Seems like Radek Faksa is also going to World Championship. Rutta and Faksa make big additions to our team.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
First NHL players confirmed to come. Filip Chlapík and Filip Chytil added on roster. They will join next week and should play in Carlson Hockey Games already.

Last edited:

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Another bad news. Michael Frolík likely isn't coming due to his girlfriend expecting a baby. Only Faksa, Frk, Jaškin, Sobotka and Pavelec remains as possibilities. Kämpf is likely heading to AHL playoff.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
let's hope we'll finally have young promising players on the tournament. with D. Kase, Zadina, Chytil etc. ... once again I'll be proud of our czech team.

i never liked that czech teams in past with veteran players (except Jagr) ... Prorok, Nedved etc. :help:

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
What are the chances that we see all of Necas, Chytil, Zadina, Kaut and Galvas on the team ? :D I'm hoping for at least three of them to make it. Necas is maybe a lock already if something unpredictable doesn't happen.
Would be such a refreshment to have young team like this for once. Even if they don't achieve anything, I'm sure they would work hard and they would be fun to watch.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
This could be one of youngest team for us in history. Current average age is 22,9 (couting all 33 players). With only Červenka and Birner as 30+ years old.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
New info about NHL. Good news, Dmitrij Jaškin is coming, he will join the team on April 16. Bad news, Vladimír Sobotka is unlikely to join the team.

Last edited:

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
let's hope we'll finally have young promising players on the tournament. with D. Kase, Zadina, Chytil etc. ... once again I'll be proud of our czech team.

i never liked that czech teams in past with veteran players (except Jagr) ... Prorok, Nedved etc. :help:
Zadina is comming- confirmed

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Voracek-Necas-Zadina
O.Kase/Hertl-Cervenka-Repik
Jaskin-Chytil-Kubalik
D. Kase-Chlapik-Kaut
Horak

I'm done :)
Pls no more Plekanec (if able), Birner etc.

Don't tell me we need more experienced players. We had them last 10 years and we won nothing.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Voracek-Necas-Zadina
O.Kase/Hertl-Cervenka-Repik
Jaskin-Chytil-Kubalik
D. Kase-Chlapik-Kaut
Horak

I'm done :)
Pls no more Plekanec (if able), Birner etc.

Don't tell me we need more experienced players. We had them last 10 years and we won nothing.
Oh, the dream.
I personally hope in D.Kase and two forwards from the 99 group - Necas, Zadina, Chytil and Kaut. Also, I think Frk should be on the team. He could be effective on the bigger ice, as he wll have more time to prepare his bomb. I want to see him on the PP.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Game with France was played today. Stránský, Kaše and Šťastný with their first goals in NT.

Czech Republic vs France 5-2
Goals: 35. Stránský (Nestrašil, Pavelka), 35. Kaše (Moravčík, Birner), 37. Tomášek (Kaut, Sklenička), 42. Šťastný (Orsava, Hrbas), 44. Nestrašil (Stránský) - 8. Da Costa (Rech), 16. Leclerc (Gallet, Treille)

Line-up
Furch – Pyrochta, Jordán, T. Pavelka, Hrbas, Sklenička, J. Galvas, Moravčík, Klok – Nestrašil, R. Hanzl, M. Stránský – D. Kaše, Kousal, Birner (C) – Orsava, A. Musil, D. Šťastný – Kaut, Tomášek, Ordoš

Last edited:

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Game with France was played today. Stránský, Kaše and Šťastný with their first goals in NT.

Czech Republic vs France 5-2
Goals: 35. Stránský (Nestrašil, Pavelka), 35. Kaše (Moravčík, Birner), 37. Tomášek (Kaut, Sklenička), 42. Šťastný (Musil, Hrbas), 44. Nestrašil (Stránský) - 8. Da Costa (Rech), 16. Leclerc (Gallet, Treille)

Line-up
Furch – Pyrochta, Jordán, T. Pavelka, Hrbas, Sklenička, J. Galvas, Moravčík, Klok – Nestrašil, R. Hanzl, M. Stránský – D. Kaše, Kousal, Birner (C) – Orsava, A. Musil, D. Šťastný – Kaut, Tomášek, Ordoš
D. Kase voted as player of the match ... nice debut :thumbu:

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
And another good news for today. Martin Frk and Radek Faksa are going to join NT too. Martin Frk will came on April 20 and Radek Faksa on Sweden hockey games ( 26.4 - 29.4).

Last edited:

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
This should be more or less all for now. Sobotka is question. Kämpf will probably go to playoff and Pavelec likely not invited.

Now we wait for NHL first round end and Třinec/Brno series end. Also Sekáč will play KHL final, unlikely he will go, but maybe there is a chance.

Edit: Sobotka is definitely out, want to be with family.

Last edited:

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
And another good news for today. Martin Frk and Radek Faksa are going to join NT too. Martin Frk will came on April 20 and Radek Faksa on Sweden hockey games ( 26.4 - 29.4).

Nice, the Czechs needed Frk's rocket for the PP. Looking forward to this team. :thumbu:

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Finnally we have some challenging enviroment:) I am curious about centers. I really doubt Chlapik or Chytil make team. Horak and Faksa are locks imo.
Jaskin - Hanzl/Horak - Cervenka
Birner - Faksa - Frk
D Kase - Kousal/Chlapik - Repik
Nestrasil - Necas - Kaut/Zadina

And I have to say I really like what I so far saw from Stransky and our 3rd and 4th line, especially guys like Tomasek and Stastny who I basically never heard about before.

Still centers are weak imo and I dont believe Jandac is so brave to put entire young line but he should try it in EHT to see if guys can handle it against strong opponents. If yes, just give it all to youngs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad