NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You would think they would have a shift in mentality after picking the safe guy in Bowers last year and flipping him 5 months later. Another nail in the coffin to ensure Pierre doesn’t get a GM job in the league after this fiasco. Dobson is great but only after a certain pick, it wouldn’t be acceptable to select him if the 4 forwards are still on the board.
It wouldn't be acceptable why?

I've heard thoughts on both Zadina and Dobson from people who work in the hockey field, they definitely don't think it's unacceptable.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You would think they would have a shift in mentality after picking the safe guy in Bowers last year and flipping him 5 months later. Another nail in the coffin to ensure Pierre doesn’t get a GM job in the league after this fiasco. Dobson is great but only after a certain pick, it wouldn’t be acceptable to select him if the 4 forwards are still on the board.
With regards to Bowers, having traded him doesn't mean they stopped liking him, so I doubt it would shift their mentality.

As for Dobson, he's clearly behind Svechnikov, and Zadina in the vast majority of peoples eyes. It's guys like Tkachuk and Wahlstrom that he had a shot to go ahead of, and I'd have no issue with that.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Im already mentally prepared to fall to 5th its just the Sens way. Anything better will be gravy.

One final shot to the pills to end the year.

Oh no, that's the Leafs winning the Cup.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
One final shot to the pills to end the year.

Oh no, that's the Leafs winning the Cup.

Habs , Buffalo , Detroit winning the lottery Ottawa falling to 5th and picking Dobson, pittsburgh wins the cup so ottawa gets 31st OVR, leafs make it to the conference final. Karlsson gets traded in the offseason for future 3rd liners, and a second and late first with Bobby Ryan. Ottawa wins the lottery next year and colorado gets the pick.

Thats the worst that can happen.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
It wouldn't be acceptable why?

I've heard thoughts on both Zadina and Dobson from people who work in the hockey field, they definitely don't think it's unacceptable.
I understand you really like Dobson (I do too) but you’re heavily involved in the Q. I think you would be really high on Wahlstrom and to a lesser extent Tkachuk if you were in the US circles as well. I really like their player development recently in the last 5-6 years and I find their games when they get to the NHL are pretty polished. They all look the same, they skate the same, shoot the puck the same, handle the puck the same. The USNTDP has molded them all into effective players with a effective style somehow. They have a big focus on skill and scoring goals which is what I like. They have that swagger. Look at guys like Boeser and Kyle Connor who were mid 1st rounder. They play similar to the CHL but they have something else, hard to put the finger on it. And in regards to Zadina if I’m at #3 I still don’t know what I would do. Really tough call.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Habs , Buffalo , Detroit winning the lottery Ottawa falling to 5th and picking Dobson, pittsburgh wins the cup so ottawa gets 31st OVR, leafs make it to the conference final. Karlsson gets traded in the offseason for future 3rd liners, and a second and late first with Bobby Ryan. Ottawa wins the lottery next year and colorado gets the pick.

tenor.gif

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We are going to get an excellent prospect in the top 5. I have no doubt about that. We just have to hope they don't pass on a real gem. I think Dobson is more of a sure bet kind of pick and I am ok with that. I think Boqvist has star potential but I see more risk as well. Wahlstrom vs Tkachuk. I think Wahlstrom will be more of a pure offensive force .. I am not sure Brady is as good as Matthew but I could be wrong. If he's close he'll be a hell of a player as well. I've liked Tkachuk at the WJC and the summer showcase. He could be an animal. Wahlstrom is committed to Harvard .. I guess an interview would be needed on that .. Harvard degrees are very prestigious. Huge decision for Mann and Dorion coming up with this pick.

Reactions: branch

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
We are going to get an excellent prospect in the top 5. I have no doubt about that. We just have to hope they don't pass on a real gem. I think Dobson is more of a sure bet kind of pick and I am ok with that. I think Boqvist has star potential but I see more risk as well. Wahlstrom vs Tkachuk. I think Wahlstrom will be more of a pure offensive force .. I am not sure Brady is as good as Matthew but I could be wrong. If he's close he'll be a hell of a player as well. I've liked Tkachuk at the WJC and the summer showcase. He could be an animal. Wahlstrom is committed to Harvard .. I guess an interview would be needed on that .. Harvard degrees are very prestigious. Huge decision for Mann and Dorion coming up with this pick.

How does that work? If a player is committed to NCAA is he legally obligated to play a year or can he say sorry guys I’m going here instead. Wahlstrom is NHL ready IMO.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I understand you really like Dobson (I do too) but you’re heavily involved in the Q. I think you would be really high on Wahlstrom and to a lesser extent Tkachuk if you were in the US circles as well. I really like their player development recently in the last 5-6 years and I find their games when they get to the NHL are pretty polished. They all look the same, they skate the same, shoot the puck the same, handle the puck the same. The USNTDP has molded them all into effective players with a effective style somehow. They have a big focus on skill and scoring goals which is what I like. They have that swagger. Look at guys like Boeser and Kyle Connor who were mid 1st rounder. They play similar to the CHL but they have something else, hard to put the finger on it. And in regards to Zadina if I’m at #3 I still don’t know what I would do. Really tough call.
I am high on Wahlstrom, you don't need to be in a leagues circle to appreciate a player. I'm just higher on Dobson.

It's the player that does the work, not the league. White is from the NTDP, but hasn't reached the success of the other two.

Connor and Boeser would be the same players if they were playing in Flint, pure offensive goal scorers.

I brought it up as you said that it would be unacceptable to choose Dobson if any of the 4 forwards were there. The only guy who it's unacceptable for is Svechnikov. I know for a fact that Dobson would be taken over Zadina by more than a couple teams.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I am high on Wahlstrom, you don't need to be in a leagues circle to appreciate a player. I'm just higher on Dobson.

It's the player that does the work, not the league. White is from the NTDP, but hasn't reached the success of the other two.

Connor and Boeser would be the same players if they were playing in Flint, pure offensive goal scorers.

I brought it up as you said that it would be unacceptable to choose Dobson if any of the 4 forwards were there. The only guy who it's unacceptable for is Svechnikov. I know for a fact that Dobson would be taken over Zadina by more than a couple teams.

I don’t know man. I see the US kids as immediately being able to jump into the top 6 and put up 40-50 pts. They would be our best forwards behind Stone and Duchene, maybe equal to Hoffman in terms of all around game. Dobson I think will be a slow burn. Especially with next year I think we need someone who can step in and work right away. Dobson might be a slow burn until he gets going properly. I would definitely take him ahead of Boqvist or Hughes or Bouchard but not before pick 5.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Honestly I have no doubt that Pierre will be a GM for a long time. Even if he gets fired here I think he has a long career ahead of him in the NHL, though he might have to work his way up again.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Honestly I have no doubt that Pierre will be a GM for a long time. Even if he gets fired here I think he has a long career ahead of him in the NHL, though he might have to work his way up again.
Maybe by virtue of being a yes man for ownership but by merit I think he may have a questionable track record at this point. Next year will tell the tale I suppose.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

Leafs winning the Cup would make that worse.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
Leafs winning the Cup would make that worse.

If Toronto and Winnipeg fail to have success this spring that will be 25 years since any Canadian team has won the cup...let that sink in.
Honestly, yet regrettably, I'm completely prepared to see the Leafs win if it means getting Stanley back on Canadian soil at this point.:(

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
If Toronto and Winnipeg fail to have success this spring that will be 25 years since any Canadian team has won the cup...let that sink in.
Honestly, yet regrettably, I'm completely prepared to see the Leafs win if it means getting Stanley back on Canadian soil at this point.:(

I personally don’t care about Canadian teams winning the cup unless it’s Ottawa, although I did get behind Edmonton and Calgary during their cup runs, and I will cheer on Winnipeg this spring, but I won’t cheer for a team just because they play in Canada.

Toronto winning would not make me happy.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
I personally don’t care about Canadian teams winning the cup unless it’s Ottawa, although I did get behind Edmonton and Calgary during their cup runs, and I will cheer on Winnipeg this spring, but I won’t cheer for a team just because they play in Canada.

Toronto winning would not make me happy.

Never said I'd be cheering for Toronto-lol...good god man...Winnipeg all the way!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad