NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Great tank boys. To think we got below teams we were laughing at in November like Montreal and Arizona is truely and incredible suck-fest-of-magnificent-suckatoodness.

I’m glad this season is over. But serious concerns this franchise can ever get on stable enough ground to even rebuild.

Ottawa has a serious lack of leadership from ownership through management to the dressing rooms.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Wahlstrom I'll cede as he's a forward and definitely more appealing for teams wanting forwards, Boqvist and definitely Smith I don't agree with at all.
I prefer Smith because he’s more dynamic and has superior puck skills and skating (not saying Dobson doesnt)

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I wish the lottery was sooner. I want to watch videos of the couple guys we will have to decide upon depending on where we pick, but I don't want to watch a bunch of Svechnikov and Zadina videos only to have us fall to 5th.

Reactions: Smeddy and Senscore

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
If Toronto and Winnipeg fail to have success this spring that will be 25 years since any Canadian team has won the cup...let that sink in.
Honestly, yet regrettably, I'm completely prepared to see the Leafs win if it means getting Stanley back on Canadian soil at this point.:(
I couldn't care less how long it's been since the cup came back to Canada. Can go as long as it needs until Ottawa brings it back first.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
If Toronto and Winnipeg fail to have success this spring that will be 25 years since any Canadian team has won the cup...let that sink in.
Honestly, yet regrettably, I'm completely prepared to see the Leafs win if it means getting Stanley back on Canadian soil at this point.:(

No true Senators fan would root for the Leafs to win the Stanley Cup, ever, in their lifetime.

With Canadians being the majority of players in the NHL, the Stanley Cup returns to Canada every off-season, when Canadian players have their few days with the Cup.

Leaf fans are obnoxious enough even though their team has the longest current SCFs appearance drought, among current teams. Imagine how much more obnoxious they'd become if they made it to the SCFs, win or lose.

Reactions: Senscore

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
The Tank is not quite over boys, The Pens can still drop two spots today to 20th if the Ducks and Wild get a win.

Sharks are only ahead of Pens because of game in hand. Need Wild to beat San Jose in overtime to ensure they both stay ahead.

Reactions: JonnyMacSen

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire

The import thing to consider is that, I believe when a team gets picked all their lottery balls would be removed from the draw and the odds would be completed re-jigged. So rather than a 61.2% chance of 4 or 5 as this graphic would suggest, it would be in real life a higher chance of going top 3. Especially if a team with large odds like the Sabres get popped in the top 3. It's probably a safe assumption to think we'd be picking 3 or 4.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The import thing to consider is that, I believe when a team gets picked all their lottery balls would be removed from the draw and the odds would be completed re-jigged. So rather than a 61.2% chance of 4 or 5 as this graphic would suggest, it would be in real life a higher chance of going top 3. Especially if a team with large odds like the Sabres get popped in the top 3. It's probably a safe assumption to think we'd be picking 3 or 4.
No, this is taking that into consideration.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
See it's true even a blind squirrel finds acorns.

I went for a walk in the greenbelt today to feed birds with my kids, and a pair of squirrels tried to run up my pant leg to get at the seed in my hand.

They weren't blind, but obviously this anecdotal story proves you were right about the hockey thing.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I went for a walk in the greenbelt today to feed birds with my kids, and a pair of squirrels tried to run up my pant leg to get at the seed in my hand.

They weren't blind, but obviously this anecdotal story proves you were right about the hockey thing.
Wouldn't expect otherwise when you have your nuts in your hand

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
No, this is taking that into consideration.

Ah cool, I just assumed it would be based on the literal amount of combinations each team would have for the lottery for each pick rather than taking into account all the different possible scenarios and how they would effect each pick. Good to know...well, not really, definitely less good for the Sens this way haha.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
In terms of the draft lottery, as long as either Ottawa or Buffalo wins the lottery, we finish with at least a top 2 pick? Are there any other scenarios that keep us in the top 2?

Edit - Or does each position get individually selected by lottery?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad