NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
In terms of the draft lottery, as long as either Ottawa or Buffalo wins the lottery, we finish with at least a top 2 pick? Are there any other scenarios that keep us in the top 2?

Edit - Or does each position get individually selected by lottery?

The top 3 draft spots are determined by lottery. Everything after that follows reverse standings order.

You are, however, correct when you say that if we win the draft lottery, we are guaranteed a top-2 pick. :laugh:

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
In terms of the draft lottery, as long as either Ottawa or Buffalo wins the lottery, we finish with at least a top 2 pick? Are there any other scenarios that keep us in the top 2?

Edit - Or does each position get individually selected by lottery?
the edit up to pick 3. We're more likely to pick outside the top 2.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I hope they cheat the system and give us the first pick like they did Crosby to Pitts or McDavid to Edm to keep the fans from civil unrest.

However, I don’t want the first pick if it means us keeping EK.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I hope they cheat the system and give us the first pick like they did Crosby to Pitts or McDavid to Edm to keep the fans from civil unrest.

You mean trading EK? haha.

I’d be very glad staying at #2. Get Svech and our offence is looking beautiful. Brown/Chlapik/White/Formenton all fighting for spots too. The D would need some kind of addition if we’re gonna be at least a bubble team, though.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

So you are ok with the 1st pick and losing EK.. why? Having Dahlin and EK and Chabot as a "Big 3" on your blue line would be awesome imo

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
The top 3 draft spots are determined by lottery. Everything after that follows reverse standings order.

You are, however, correct when you say that if we win the draft lottery, we are guaranteed a top-2 pick. :laugh:
Top 3 pick.

First lottery: top pick chosen, can push us to 3
2nd lottery: top 2nd pick chosen, can push us to 4
3rd lottery: we can win 3rd.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
We gave up 291 goals this season. Good god that’s awful. Oddly enough we weren’t the worst team in that category. Isles gave up 296.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Be nice if I could go to bed assured that we would be guaranteed Dahlen, Svech or Zadina. But alas, some genius in the NHL thought making something as important as the draft so dependent on luck was a good idea:dunno:

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
I understand the rationale behind decreasing lottery odds to try to prevent tanking, but man these odds seem ridiculously low... and why is there a lottery for each of the top three picks? I mean how is there a higher probability that we get the fourth or fifth pick than the second one when we finished second last

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I understand the rationale behind decreasing lottery odds to try to prevent tanking, but man these odds seem ridiculously low... and why is there a lottery for each of the top three picks? I mean how is there a higher probability that we get the fourth or fifth pick than the second one when we finished second last

Yeah, that to me makes zero sense. Bottom 5 teams can all easily move down 3 spots which is just dumb. NHL math "wiz" can go F himself. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad