Speculation: 2018 Stars Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Reminds me of Benn talking to/following Radulov. I assume it's a very similar situation here and I'm sure he, Radulov, and Nill are all talking to Kovy about coming here. Feels like it is unlikely to happen though

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I don’t see why he wouldn’t want to come to dallas . He’s good buddy’s with radulov and there right there in the standings with all the other teams that are supposedly the front runners for him .

Reactions: Kcb12345

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don’t see why he wouldn’t want to come to dallas . He’s good buddy’s with radulov and there right there in the standings with all the other teams that are supposedly the front runners for him .
Maybe Rads can sell him on the idea they were another scorer away from being good. Maybe Rads can point to the roster to show Kovy there will be a lot of ice time and PP time available for anyone with even a bit of ability.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It would be quite the story if we all of a sudden had 3 of our top 6 forwards all on the same team who were hated at one point because they left their teams for Russia.

Reactions: Bfantz

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Not a shock and I don't think a buyout is needed either. Hope he has a bounce back season.

If we aren't in playoff contention this season he could potentially be moved at the deadline too.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Not a shock and I don't think a buyout is needed either. Hope he has a bounce back season.

I think he will be better too. Not two seasons ago better, but better. And frankly we have no one else to play 2nd line centre (except for ROR *hearteyes*)
If we aren't in playoff contention this season he could potentially be moved at the deadline too.

Sadly, this is a real possibility.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
If Dallas bought out Spezza, it would be a major indicator that management has no idea what their doing.

I mean, it's not like they've proven to be very competent, but it's a good start.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
If Domi was all it took to get chuckles, wonder if Nill was in on that?

What would our equivalent have been. Janmark seems a bit high, Shore , Ritchie too low as comps to Domi.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017

What would our equivalent have been. Janmark seems a bit high, Shore , Ritchie too low as comps to Domi.
Galchenyuk is a year younger with 5 seasons under his belt and had 2 , 50 point seasons and 40 plus points in all but one of them . Janmark would definately not be too high of a price .

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

Wait... are you saying Janmark would've been too much to give up for Galchenyuk?

lmao okayyyyyyy

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I find it very hard to believe that Mattias Janmark can be worth more than a younger player that he scored 11 points less than last year.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Wish we could've given Bergevin Brett Ritchie + Devin Shore for Galchenyuk.

We may hate on Jim Nill pretty often, but man it could be worse.

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
Offense:
Benn - Seguin - Radulov
xxx - Spezza - Janmark
xxx - Faksa - Pitlick
Hintz Shore Nichushkin
Extras: Hanzal Ritchie Elie

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Johns
Methot - Honka

Goalies:
Bishop
xxx

Lets do Kovalchuk $5m x 3yrs, Hutton $2m x 2yrs. Unsure about the 3rd line wing.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Offense:
Benn - Seguin - Radulov
xxx - Spezza - Janmark
xxx - Faksa - Pitlick
Hintz Shore Nichushkin
Extras: Hanzal Ritchie Elie

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Johns
Methot - Honka

Goalies:
Bishop
xxx

Lets do Kovalchuk $5m x 3yrs, Hutton $2m x 2yrs. Unsure about the 3rd line wing.

Move Nichushkin up to 2nd line RW and Janmark to 3rd line LW. Then Kovy at 2nd line LW and then we just fill the 4th line RW spot with what we have left. We aren't bringing Nichushkin back just to play him as our 4th line rw.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I find it very hard to believe that Mattias Janmark can be worth more than a younger player that he scored 11 points less than last year.
Yeah, Domi had a terrible season, but it was still probably better than we’ll ever see from Janmark or Nichushkin.

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
Move Nichushkin up to 2nd line RW and Janmark to 3rd line LW. Then Kovy at 2nd line LW and then we just fill the 4th line RW spot with what we have left. We aren't bringing Nichushkin back just to play him as our 4th line rw.
I don't think Nuke is good enough for top 6 minutes (he will be tried there, but won't stick). He doesn't fit the mold of our 3rd line, so he'll be a 4th line player, who might get moved up depending on injuries.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I don't think Nuke is good enough for top 6 minutes (he will be tried there, but won't stick). He doesn't fit the mold of our 3rd line, so he'll be a 4th line player, who might get moved up depending on injuries.

I think he is a better option as our 2nd line RW than any other player on the team. Also has more talent than anyone else in our forward group outside of our top line and maybe Janmark and Faksa. He is likely our best choice there no matter what unless we get another RW through free agency or trade.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Hey Stars fans,

Any interest in the following trades:

Zuccarello+39th
or
Spooner+26th
or
Namestnikov+28th

For Dallas 13th

Namestnikov is the most intriguing of the bunch.

None of the trades are downright awful honestly. Zucc having a year left on his contract isn't ideal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad