Hey Stars fans,

Any interest in the following trades:

Zuccarello+39th
or
Spooner+26th
or
Namestnikov+28th

For Dallas 13th

Fans at the draft would go crazy for those last 2. Keep a 1st round pick + acquire a pretty good player also? Yes please. Probably would prefer the Namestnikov one personally. Seems other Stars fans agree on here too

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Way better than the Lindell + Faksa + 13 OA for Pacioretty, Lindgren and a 4th round pick offer lmao.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What do you guys think about trying to acquire Puljujarvi from the Oilers?

Honka would be involved and we would have to add from there a bit I'm sure.

Probably wouldn't make a ton of sense with Nichushkin coming back though..

Maybe Chiarelli makes another bad trade?

These tweets got me thinking...also laughing

Last edited:

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
What do you guys think about trying to acquire Puljujarvi from the Oilers?

Honka would be involved and we would have to add from there a bit I'm sure.

Probably wouldn't make a ton of sense with Nichushkin coming back though..

Maybe Chiarelli makes another bad trade?

These tweets got me thinking...also laughing

If we’re trading honka , we have to get a right d in return . Unless nill plans on signing green or Carlson .

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’d love to bring in Puljuarvi, I don’t mind Honka going the other way in that deal. Pulju just turned 20, he’s been disappointing so far, but still has major talent.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Are you saying you would trade him for a 2nd rounder?
As an asset, I believe has value has gone down since he was drafted and we could not trade him for #14 OA now. I don't know how far down, but he's in the Lazar zone (if not lower) because even though his right shot makes a lot of GMs do dumb stuff, he is so short that it cancels it out. Maybe Tampa is the place where it works.

If you think he can be something then I can understand why you would hold on to him. If you don't, his value will never be higher than it is today and a 2nd would be a much better return than the 4th we got for Oleksiak.

Personally, I can't decide whether I have less faith in Honka to do enough to get a chance to be something or Nill's ability to draft a Honka equivalent with the pick.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
As an asset, I believe has value has gone down since he was drafted and we could not trade him for #14 OA now. I don't know how far down, but he's in the Lazar zone (if not lower) because even though his right shot makes a lot of GMs do dumb stuff, he is so short that it cancels it out. Maybe Tampa is the place where it works.

If you think he can be something then I can understand why you would hold on to him. If you don't, his value will never be higher than it is today and a 2nd would be a much better return than the 4th we got for Oleksiak.

Personally, I can't decide whether I have less faith in Honka to do enough to get a chance to be something or Nill's ability to draft a Honka equivalent with the pick.

I would rather trade him for a similar young, possibly struggling, player personally

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Might not be a bad idea to trade for another struggling player with talent. Hopefully, a struggle for a struggle works out better for both teams, than a waiver wire and 4th pick.

In reality, Nemeth and JO started off like a ball of fire for their new teams, then sort of faded back to their upper limit of potential. Honka may do the same. After all, Lindell, Johns and Lindell managed to grab spots (the latter two with some struggle) Gotta think if Honka forced the issue, he would have, too. Exception would be if Hitch somehow cowed him into playing afraid, and it looked like that was indeed the case a few times last year.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
  • LTIR Hanzal
  • Sign JT91 to a max contract (20% of salary cap) for 2 or 3 years
  • Trade for a LW (please)
Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Guy - Tavares - Nichushkin
Janmark - Spezza - Pitlick
Shore - Faksa - Smith
Ritchie/Elie

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m going dive deep into the fantasy zone.
  • Sign Tavares to the max contract 16.000/1, offer him 10.500/8 on January 1, 2019 (Kind of cheating, but whatever)
  • Trade Spezza to free up cap space (Might have to add a second, also whatever)
  • Roll these lines and add another scorer at the deadline
Benn - Tavares - Nichushkin
Janmark - Seguin - Radulov
Hintz - Faksa - Pitlick
Dickinson - Hanzal - Shore
Smith - Elie

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Johns
Methot - Honka
Heatherington

Bishop
Backup

Surprisingly enough it does work cap wise. It’ll be tough after next year when Seguin and Lindell get raises, but Methot is off the books and Hanzal can be dealt.

Obviously none of this will happen though.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I’m going dive deep into the fantasy zone.
  • Sign Tavares to the max contract 16.000/1, offer him 10.500/8 on January 1, 2019 (Kind of cheating, but whatever)
  • Trade Spezza to free up cap space (Might have to add a second, also whatever)
  • Roll these lines and add another scorer at the deadline
Benn - Tavares - Nichushkin
Janmark - Seguin - Radulov
Hintz - Faksa - Pitlick
Dickinson - Hanzal - Shore
Smith - Elie

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Johns
Methot - Honka
Heatherington

Bishop
Backup

Surprisingly enough it does work cap wise. It’ll be tough after next year when Seguin and Lindell get raises, but Methot is off the books and Hanzal can be dealt.

Obviously none of this will happen though.

Also sign Kovy and trade honka for Karlsson (Erik)

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
Probably won't be well received, but I'd be fine with bringing in Vanek. He might be slow and not good defensively, but he's skilled enough to contribute 40-50pts. Short term, low dollars. Better than what we have now for a top 6 winger.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Vanek would be a last resort for me. Would mean Nill has failed. I was interested in him this past deadline, but a whole season of him is too much for me.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Vanek would remind me of the Hemsky signing a while back. Probably wouldnt work out in the end, and signing him would be a big risk

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
@andystrickland: There’s a long relationship in Dallas between Jim Montgomery and Paul Stastny. #Stars likely need to move a center this weekend to create space
It would be nice to not have to continue to look to expensive, declining, injury-prone guys in their mid 30s to fill in holes created by shift drafting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad