Speculation: 2018 Stars Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Both Simmonds and Kessel have been talked about being open to be moved lately. Although both are RW could Stars find a way to fit one of them in. Of course if the price isn’t too much and as long as Radulov stays on RW?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Both Simmonds and Kessel have been talked about being open to be moved lately. Although both are RW could Stars find a way to fit one of them in. Of course if the price isn’t too much and as long as Radulov stays on RW?

I think we could trade Shoresy for Kessel with a 3rd and maybe Heatherington

Simmons we give Riley Tuff te and 4rd round pick and maybe cap in Brett Ritchie

Also sign kovy 3 yr 7 M

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m game for Kessel, not Simmons. Simmons plays a hard style and could end up getting a Lucic like contract being paid more for his past play rather than his future play.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I’m game for Kessel, not Simmons. Simmons plays a hard style and could end up getting a Lucic like contract being paid more for his past play rather than his future play.
I'm fine with Simmonds if he's acquired to play out this last year of his deal. I wouldn't give him an extension. His deal is cap friendly this season, and he would go a long way toward providing offense beyond Seguin, Radulov, and Benn because right now there is nothing.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
If Nichushkin is coming back than a LW seems like more of a need than a RW no? Right side has Radulov-Nichushkin-Pitlick for top 9 vs Benn-X-Janmark on the left?

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
If Nichushkin is coming back than a LW seems like more of a need than a RW no? Right side has Radulov-Nichushkin-Pitlick for top 9 vs Benn-X-Janmark on the left?
When we're talking offensive contribution, Nichushkin's 30 points barely even work to replace what's lost by letting Roussel walk.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
When we're talking offensive contribution, Nichushkin's 30 points barely even work to replace what's lost by letting Roussel walk.

Nichushkin getting 30 points would be almost double what Roussel contributed offensively so not sure what you mean there. I was just thinking purely depth chart wise LW seems like a bigger gap from Benn Janmark to the several 4th line quality players like Smith, Shore, Elie, Dickinson

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Nichushkin getting 30 points would be almost double what Roussel contributed offensively so not sure what you mean there. I was just thinking purely depth chart wise LW seems like a bigger gap from Benn Janmark to the several 4th line quality players like Smith, Shore, Elie, Dickinson
Last season, sure, but Roussel was normally in the upper 20s point wise and would probably return to that when not on a Hitchcock coached team.

Depth chart wise there is still a big hole between Radulov down to Nichushkin. I don't really care which gap is slightly larger. It comes down to needing help on the wing. If the cheaper/easier/better solution is adding a RW and pushes Nichushkin down to the 3rd line, that's fine. Simmonds on the 2nd line would be a huge upgrade over Nichushkin/Ritchie/Shore/etc.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
23 year old Valeri Nichushkin

(actually 25 yrs old but he faked his age)

6'4
210 lbs
muscular (check instagram shirtless picks)
looks strong
in prime of his career
can skate
shoots along the ice (good for tip ins and deflections)
likes to play on off side (unsure why)

maybe we should transition Nichushkin to RHD

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Honka
Methot - Nichushkin

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

So with the Stars basically out on Kovalchuk, who do we target next? LA is currently the top candidate for both Kovy and Pacioretty. I assume we will try for whichever one they don't get

Also appears we aren't a likely landing spot for Skinner either

Last edited:

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary

So with the Stars basically out on Kovalchuk, who do we target next? LA is currently the top candidate for both Kovy and Pacioretty. I assume we will try for whichever one they don't get

Also appears we aren't a likely landing spot for Skinner either

It's just speculation right now. I'd love Kovy, but I'm afraid he's going to get 3 years @ 6M + which scares me with his age

Skinner would be nice, but is a year from UFA

I can't see Nill not doing anything this year, who he adds is the question though

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It's just speculation right now. I'd love Kovy, but I'm afraid he's going to get 3 years @ 6M + which scares me with his age

Skinner would be nice, but is a year from UFA

I can't see Nill not doing anything this year, who he adds is the question though

Agree. Kessel would be a really nice addition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad