OT: 2018 Phillies

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They need to clean up their defense cause the bats aren't getting the job done and with a tough June schedule they are going to need to get as many wins as possible if they hope to stay in the race.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Florimon to the DL, Mitch Walding called up, he was a 5th round pick in 2011 out of HS. Have seen him over the years, always liked his swing and he's shown some power but could never put it together until last year in Reading he started to do much better. Not sure how long he'll be here with Crawford on rehab assignment in Clearwater.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Looks like Hoskins in going on the DL as well. No word yet on who they call up. Too bad Quinn has been injured, would have been nice to see him get the call.

Also watched Lakewood today, Will Stewart pitched a gem, 3 hit SO and 0 BB's 10 K's. He hit 94/95 a couple times. Interesting LHP that could end the year in Clearwater. Lakewood has been picking it up, they are hitting much better now to go with impressive pitching. Have won 6 in a row and just had a big series win vs the Shorebirds who they are fighting for 2nd place.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Cozens is striking out 38% of the time repeating AAA. Howard’s highest K rate in the bigs was 33% to put it into perspective. Cozens likely won’t face any lefties so I don’t quite think he’ll get to 40% but he’ll be among the league “leaders” I would imagine. Unfortunately the Phillies don’t have position player depth in the upper minors as you can see. They have pitchers though.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
mitch walding made the majors. That 2011 draft held so much hope for me. Walding, quinn, green were all ranked as top 10 hs ss in the game. None really developed the way we all had hoped.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
mitch walding made the majors. That 2011 draft held so much hope for me. Walding, quinn, green were all ranked as top 10 hs ss in the game. None really developed the way we all had hoped.

I remember that draft well, Larry Greene what a bust. If only Quinn could stay healthy. But Giles was a great pick and the best from that draft might end up being Kyle Freeland who they weren't able to sign out of HS. Morgan has been solid, Rios might be something as he can bring the heat.

If Knapp continues to struggle, I do wonder what they will do since he has an option left they could send him down and bring up Logan Moore who can't hit but is a much better defensive catcher and it wouldn't hurt to have him sitting most nights vs Knapp who needs AB's. Or Rickles who is older but has been hitting better then Moore.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I remember that draft well, Larry Greene what a bust. If only Quinn could stay healthy. But Giles was a great pick and the best from that draft might end up being Kyle Freeland who they weren't able to sign out of HS. Morgan has been solid, Rios might be something as he can bring the heat.

If Knapp continues to struggle, I do wonder what they will do since he has an option left they could send him down and bring up Logan Moore who can't hit but is a much better defensive catcher and it wouldn't hurt to have him sitting most nights vs Knapp who needs AB's. Or Rickles who is older but has been hitting better then Moore.

Do you remember that great site back in the day. The guy who initially started it worked on it endlesesly and Draft day was his big day. HS players imo have the best draft value, because even after a few yaers out and they are not doing well they still have trade value. If a College hitter or pitcher is not living up to expectations after a few years they have no value. Well his final analysis for 2011 was that if we got everyone ( within reason) signed this was a hell of draft from potential alone. I really did like our drafting philosphy of drafting high ceiling guys. Problem is none of them ever hit.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Do you remember that great site back in the day. The guy who initially started it worked on it endlesesly and Draft day was his big day. HS players imo have the best draft value, because even after a few yaers out and they are not doing well they still have trade value. If a College hitter or pitcher is not living up to expectations after a few years they have no value. Well his final analysis for 2011 was that if we got everyone ( within reason) signed this was a hell of draft from potential alone. I really did like our drafting philosphy of drafting high ceiling guys. Problem is none of them ever hit.

the site doesn't ring a bell, I use,

2011 Philadelphia Phillies Picks in the MLB June Amateur Draft | Baseball-Reference.com

They got 9 Big Leaguers out of that draft. That’s pretty good by baseball standards.

way better then the next year, wow was 2012 bad. I like Drew Anderson a good bit and Zach Green is finally healthy and showing some things, really disappointed in Andrew Pullin though as I thought he might be a decent 4th or 5th OF.

Last edited:

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Neris is so bad. Every game I watch I can set my watch to him giving up at least 1.

Edit: and as Im watching, the guy behind homeplate has a Sixers hat on and a shirt that says "FIRE BC"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad