OT: 2018 Phillies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
My dream this next two weeks. Mize falls to 3, we are only team willing to meet his salary demands ( Though i see no reason why detroit would not meet his demands as well) and we trade for machado.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
And Keith Law had the Phillies taking Joey Bart.

The guys at Fangraphs are pretty confident it’ll be Bohm if Mize doesn’t make it to 3 and they said Bart is definitely going 1 or 2. They threw out a theory that the Phillies should try and float Mize to their pick promising an over slot deal and that he’d be in the rotation by next season and in line with Phillies window. Since the Phillies don’t have 2nd or 3rd round picks, it would essentially be a 1 player draft because they would have to draft a handful of college seniors in rounds 4-10 to meet Mize’s number. If you think he’s that good, you do it, but I’m not as convinced as most people are. You don’t draft for need in baseball but this team needs to draft an impact bat and this will be their best chance for a while.

If they draft Bohm they could probably save a few bucks on his bonus as he could possibly fall to ~7 if the Phillies don’t take him. I’m still undecided between Bohm and Madrigal. The old upside/floor dilemma.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If Mize falls and it's not due to medicals, that's who I hope they take but if not I assume it will be Bohm but Madrigal sounds like a good choice. Was looking at his numbers vs Kingery's and Madrigal is ahead of him but in half the AB's for their Junior year.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If they are above 500 after this brutal stretch in june, have to make a move for a bat. This is terrible.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Link or ...?
Said Kingery should have thrown that ball to second when he double looked, threw it first and the guy was safe. Also threw basically Kapler under the bus for saying he sucks at playing the shift.

Reactions: SnS

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Said Kingery should have thrown that ball to second when he double looked, threw it first and the guy was safe. Also threw basically Kapler under the bus for saying he sucks at playing the shift.

I mean they do suck with the shift.

Read today that some fandangled stat has the Phillies a -11 with runs saved with the shift. The only other negative team is the Dodgers at -1.

Reactions: SnS

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina

Not entirely shocking about the shift part.

I’d rather him go to a rookie like kingrey and tell him personally rather than blast it in The media.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So is there a rule that if you are a beat writer, you need to be the biggest f***ing baby in the world?

Gelb & Salisbury are attacking John Stolnis for a quote he used in his Podcast.

1) John's got a nice following and does really good work
2) These guys just look like f***ing assholes attacking a guy who's PROMOTING their sites for the most part.

Sometimes I wish all of these guys just lost their jobs.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
I think I'm leaning towards Bohm. I think Madrigal will be a great player and is likely more of a sure thing, but I really don't want to add to this log jam in the middle infield, especially with a guy who is likely pretty MLB ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad