OT: 2018 Phillies

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Great start to his MLB career for Dominguez, 7 innings, 0 hits, 0 walks. I thought I read somewhere it's never been done before to start your career with 5 games, 5 innings, 0 hits, 0 walks or that it hasn't been done since at least 1908 or around there.

Just think he was a starter in Clearwater last year and now he could be the new closer at least for now as hopefully Neshek doesn't have another setback.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
About time the Phillies found their fast tracked stud. If they are still in the playoff race come September I wonder if they would try to run Sixto in the pen.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Keep Neris away from the closer's role. This team is good, but Hoskins is in a slump. Be nice if he and Altherr started hitting. Nola tomorrow, so three out of four from the Cardinals should be done. The schedule is difficult through the end of June, so if they still are above .500 after I will start to think about the playoffs.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Keep Neris away from the closer's role. This team is good, but Hoskins is in a slump. Be nice if he and Altherr started hitting. Nola tomorrow, so three out of four from the Cardinals should be done. The schedule is difficult through the end of June, so if they still are above .500 after I will start to think about the playoffs.

For me the playoffs outside of a move for Machado, are about Pivetta, VV and Eflin. The way they have progressed this year is very surprising. Not to say they didn't have the stuff and in Eflin's case it's more about having 2 healthy knees but still what they are doing is insane. If they are even close to keeping this up, the phillies should have a strong shot at making the playoffs as I got to think the bats will pick up (mainly Hoskins, Kingery, Altherr) and the pen should be a strength as they have legit depth even in the minors if injuries hit.

What I wonder is will management give up assets for Machado or just hope they can win the Machado sweepstakes in the off-season to the tune of 350 to 450M over 10 years or so. They have the money, they have the need, they have the connections (Joe Jordan etc...) but can they outbid the rest of the league for one of the best players. With their farm system being so deep, I would be very tempted to go for it as long as Sixto, Kingery, SD, weren't the ask.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Guys with me being a tractor Trailer driver and on the road alot every now and then the stars align for me to see a philly team play on the road.

I'm in st louis I'm and can't dive till 10am Monday so, I'm 5 miles out from Busch stadium. I been buy it many times but never been in it.

I still gotta get a ticket but shouldn't be an issue I'll uber over.

I'll have photos later.

Last Phillies road game for me was at Yankees stadium Hamels pitched.

However this will really be a road game

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Guys with me being a tractor Trailer driver and on the road alot every now and then the stars align for me to see a philly team play on the road.

I'm in st louis I'm and can't dive till 10am Monday so, I'm 5 miles out from Busch stadium. I been buy it many times but never been in it.

I still gotta get a ticket but shouldn't be an issue I'll uber over.

I'll have photos later.

Last Phillies road game for me was at Yankees stadium Hamels pitched.

However this will really be a road game

60/70 hour rule?

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I'm still trying to figure out how a human threw a ball 105 mph.

Threw it? 105mph would be insanely fast as a shot off of a hockey stick

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Machado isn't worth giving a lot for because he's headed to free agency, the fact he insisted on playing SS where he's below average defensively to raise his free agent value to me is a huge red flag.

Once you know you're gonna get the kind of money he's going to get, wanting to max out even if it hurts his team tells me he's got a huge ego.
And I'd be wary of him in a clubhouse.

It's one thing to want to be set for life, it's quite another to want bragging rights based on a contract instead of performance (i.e. ten years from now the only thing that matters are WS rings and the HOF, not whether you got a few million more you'll never spend).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Phils need to hit i this high pick coming up in the draft. Their recent high picks are not turning out well...

I really like Alec Bohm.

Hasley had a big night in the doubleheader yesterday. He's not setting the Florida St. league on fire but I liked what I saw from him last year so I'm still holding out hope he can be a solid player in a few years.

Sounds like Bohm is there guy but talk seems to be heating up that the Tigers are really considering passing on Mize. As long as his medicals are ok, would be cool if he fell to the 3rd pick.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Gotta go with the bat imo. They are developing arms. They need all of the fire power they can get. Really struggling to develop hitters right now.

Bohm is playing in Clearwater right now so the Phillies are going to get more data on him if they didn’t have it already.

Reactions: OrangeAndBlackMetal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->