Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
DbuIuM1U0AA67qV.jpg:large

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Ugh.... I’m more disappointed than I should be. It’s a fair pick, but I’m still disappointed and let down.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The Hawks should end up with a player to build around, but I’m not going to bank on that player making much of an impact the next season or two.

Also, this does make a shitty season sting just a little bit more.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
And oh that anticipation... that now nobody cares about across most the country and will only boost markets in buffalo and Montreals fan bases.

Colonel X

The Kentucky Colonel
Nov 16, 2013
Louisville
Barring Stan doing something unexpected, this likely seals the deal on another tough season next year. We needed some serious blue line help and while we're going to pick up a useful part at #8, it's not going to be a game changer.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
No chance we get Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.

Hope for either Bouchard, Hughes, or Farabee at 8...and Farabee might be a reach of a few spots, but damn is he legit both sides of the puck and likely has risen from that 10-12 range to possibly 8-10...

So wanted Wahlstrom ...f***!!!!!!! f***!!!!!!! f***!!!!!

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Shame, but 7 or 8 doesn't really matter. Just hope Dahlin avoids getting drafted by CAR, that would suck for him. Guessing the fix is in and he goes to MTL, that would be undeserved for a garbage franchise and fan base. BUF has been through a lot, they deserve some joy and it's a good landing spot for the kid.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
No chance we get Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.

Hope for either Bouchard, Hughes, or Farabee at 8...and Farabee might be a reach of a few spots, but damn is he legit both sides of the puck and likely has risen from that 10-12 range to possibly 8-10...

So wanted Wahlstrom ...****!!!!!!! ****!!!!!!! ****!!!!!

Would also like Wahlstrom or Hughes, I think one of them will be there at 8! :thumbu:

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Didn’t Bowman claim that both the first round picks will step into the NHL next season? I highly doubt any of the Blackhawks picks see NHL ice next year. I think Bowman knew this, and that’s why he re-signed Rutta and Gus.

That said, Hawks could still draft a future stud at #8. The problem is, will that prospect reach stud potential before Kane declines, and Keith retires?

Next season, the coaching staff will need to make chicken salad of the defensive scraps it’s given. I think the forwards will be fine.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
No. 8 is solid, could have been worse, maybe Nashville gets bounced and you swap the 2 for a top 5.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Would also like Wahlstrom or Hughes, I think one of them will be there at 8! :thumbu:
Wahlstrom simply won't. I can't see him past 5/6.

With the Red Wings picking 6, that could be the thing that saves us with Hughes...might be a smidge too early to take Hughes there, and the Canucks at 7, I don't see Hughes there...so maybe we can get Hughes/Bouchard at 8...if we get one of them, it is a good draft...

then go get Jake Wise at pick 27-31 of the Preds.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Shame, but 7 or 8 doesn't really matter. Just hope Dahlin avoids getting drafted by CAR, that would suck for him. Guessing the fix is in and he goes to MTL, that would be undeserved for a garbage franchise and fan base. BUF has been through a lot, they deserve some joy and it's a good landing spot for the kid.

The one possible silver lining of Carolina getting Dahlin is they may be willing to trade Hanifin’s RFA rights. I feel like I may move this #8 for Hanifin

Reactions: ColdSteel2

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Didn’t Bowman claim that both the first round picks will step into the NHL next season? I highly doubt any of the Blackhawks picks see NHL ice next year. I think Bowman knew this, and that’s why he re-signed Rutta and Gus.

That said, Hawks could still draft a future stud at #8. The problem is, will that prospect reach stud potential before Kane declines, and Keith retires?

Next season, the coaching staff will need to make chicken salad of the defensive scraps it’s given. I think the forwards will be fine.

Bowman believes both picks will be near immediate contributors. DeBrincat was picked at what 39th overall, and he believes their scouting will do just as good and land the team 2 kids ready for this year/next year - his words with EJ Hradek at the GM Meetings earlier this month...he could be right as that late first could still be a gem that we steal like Saad or Cat...

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
The one possible silver lining of Carolina getting Dahlin is they may be willing to trade Hanifin’s RFA rights. I feel like I may move this #8 for Hanifin

If you could do that and trade up for Kravtsov, we have everything we need from this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad