Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Entry Draft - Hawks picking 8 and 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Walked right into that one.

P.S.- If you want me to go on a date with a woman my own age, you guys are going to have to introduce them to me. They loathe me if they don’t already know me. I don’t know why that is. I did have a woman my age try to lure me in with her money at the grocery store. I was looking at the bananas and they were green and saw her and she ran up to me and said “They’re looking really green to me, I’m not sure how long they’re gonna last.” It was funny, we laughed. But yeah, I only go on dates with people who like me, not people that hate me for saying hi and asking how there are doing. And I don’t like people who think they can screw with my confidence because nobody can and it’s says a lot about them that they’d try it. So yeah, it’s on you guys if you want any chance of that happening. It sure would be cool to date a woman with her **** together and ambitious too. I’d be down for it, but that’s like hard mode for me, they are not impressed by me. Straight up truth, it’s on them, not me.

Just ball bustin.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
lmao. Great stuff.

I see the "date" going kind of like that scene in Bad Boys 2.

Who the f*** are you? Reggie? How old are you? Mother f***er, you look at least 30...

Who the f*** is Reggie? What's your name? How old are you? You at least 30... Can you fight? Ever make love to a man?

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Screw you all. :laugh:
Daughters are off limits to you clowns.(my brother's are older anyways.)
lmao. Great stuff.

I see the "date" going kind of like that scene in Bad Boys 2.

Who the **** are you? Reggie? How old are you? Mother ****er, you look at least 30...

Who the **** is Reggie? What's your name? How old are you? You at least 30... Can you fight? Ever make love to a man?

Sounds about right. Such a great scene and great movie.

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
What even is this

For real. I lurk hard but had to post to reinforce this. We have a top 10 pick and there’s been more bs in this thread than excitement about grabbing an extremely talented prospect. This has been more cringeworthy than when people see a Courtney Dagger post and try to flirt their way to a DM.

Edit: to be fair, nothing is as cringeworthy as a BWC or HF50 post. Just wanted to clarify.

Reactions: pvr

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
For real. I lurk hard but had to post to reinforce this. We have a top 10 pick and there’s been more bs in this thread than excitement about grabbing an extremely talented prospect. This has been more cringeworthy than when people see a Courtney Dagger post and try to flirt their way to a DM.

We're just waiting to celebrate for when we grab the #1OA in the lotto.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Screw you all. :laugh:
Daughters are off limits to you clowns.(my brother's are older anyways.)
What do you have against clowns?!? Also how old is Pez's kids?

Edit: to be fair, nothing is as cringeworthy as a BWC or HF50 post. Just wanted to clarify.

At least this place isn't a ghost town. What are we going to talk about prospects wise? The majority of them aren't playing any more games until after the draft. There isn't any more highlights of Dahlin or Svech to drool on.

There is the lottery on Saturday, but that's obviously not today. We might as well do some group bonding while we wait impatiently for something to happen.

Jeffrey Lebowski

Jul 31, 2009
North Side
As far as this thread goes: I’m intrigued how it plays out. The top 3 is pretty much a given, regardless of team. But if we end up moving down to #10, it gets real interesting.

I, for one, am not thrilled about the idea of drafting Tkchuck. He seems like a Jack Skille...But guaranteed a bottom 6 role in the NHL.

I wouldn’t be opposed to Farabee at 10, I think this kid has all the potential and work ethic to be a solid 2nd line guy.

But at 7, I would prefer Dobson, Hughes, Wahlstrom (if hes still there, too good to pass up) or Bouchard. I love the D pipeline of Jokiharju, Mitchell, Snuggy, and Raddysh...but our D is so depleted at the NHL level that I think it’s hard to pass up on one of the top D men of this draft year.

We’re going to have a great haul this year regardless, I think this year is a great opportunity to capitalize on the great D that will be there at our pick. Outside of Dahlin, there’s so much on D to covet and I hope Bowman and his staff see it the same way. High quality puck movers are not typically this top heavy in a draft year.

Reactions: Bubba88

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

Had to give you your first “like” just for that statement.

Jeffrey Lebowski

Jul 31, 2009
North Side
At least this place isn't a ghost town. What are we going to talk about prospects wise? The majority of them aren't playing any more games until after the draft. There isn't any more highlights of Dahlin or Svech to drool on.

There is the lottery on Saturday, but that's obviously not today. We might as well do some group bonding while we wait impatiently for something to happen.

Fair, but perhaps about the top 10 prospects in this draft? After #3, it’s a crapshoot until about #12-15. This is a super interesting class, especially with the risers and fallers and the fact that we will have a top 10 pick.

I guess I just assumed we would be talking about that instead of a fake dating scenario amongst users in the “2018 Entry Draft” thread.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Fair, but perhaps about the top 10 prospects in this draft? After #3, it’s a crapshoot until about #12-15. This is a super interesting class, especially with the risers and fallers and the fact that we will have a top 10 pick.

I guess I just assumed we would be talking about that instead of a fake dating scenario amongst users in the “2018 Entry Draft” thread.
We're fake talking about dating users' kids. Totally different.

But what do you really want out of here? There are sites that are considerably better when it comes to posting about a prospect's skill level. No one here knows their ass from a hole in the ground outside of probably American Dream and Blue Liner. Everyone else is simply looking up highlight videos on youtube and saying "the Hawks could use some of that!".

If you want to gain any real knowledge about the subject, go look in the prospects section of HF. That's where all the nerds who actually know their shit reside. We're all just a bunch of smart-asses trying to pass the time by making terrible jokes and wishing this team wasn't so awful this year.

Jeffrey Lebowski

Jul 31, 2009
North Side
We're fake talking about dating users' kids. Totally different.

But what do you really want out of here? There are sites that are considerably better when it comes to posting about a prospect's skill level. No one here knows their ass from a hole in the ground outside of probably American Dream and Blue Liner. Everyone else is simply looking up highlight videos on youtube and saying "the Hawks could use some of that!".

If you want to gain any real knowledge about the subject, go look in the prospects section of HF. That's where all the nerds who actually know their **** reside. We're all just a bunch of smart-asses trying to pass the time by making terrible jokes and wishing this team wasn't so awful this year.

It just seems not as many users on the hawks board takes discussing hockey seriously. Obviously there are exceptions.

Cool, nobody knows their ass from a hole in the ground... think about that for a second. I’ll gladly look up highlights, but I would want to discuss those things on top of scouting reports and who the hawks should pick. Not DATING USERS KIDS. Do you see what I’m getting at? Who cares if it’s the off-season, I come here to read about and talk about hockey. Specifically, the Chicago Blackhawks.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It just seems not as many users on the hawks board takes discussing hockey seriously. Obviously there are exceptions.

Cool, nobody knows their ass from a hole in the ground... think about that for a second. I’ll gladly look up highlights, but I would want to discuss those things on top of scouting reports and who the hawks should pick. Not DATING USERS KIDS. Do you see what I’m getting at? Who cares if it’s the off-season, I come here to read about and talk about hockey. Specifically, the Chicago Blackhawks.
Calm down dude.

Okay, I understand you want to discuss hockey. Specifically Blackhawks hockey. Unfortunately, due to issues outside of any of our control (outside of Fiddy who may or may not be Stan Bowman), there is not much to talk about in that regard.

We can't just make reports and rumors out of our butts. We're not John Jaeckel.

This site will start talking about who we can draft when we know where are pick will be. But even then, most of us haven't been watching the SHL or the OHL or the WHL or the NCAA. We watch the Hawks, maybe another NHL team or two, and we go and live our lives.

If you want to get some knowledge of the prospects that are available in the top ten, you can do what I already stated and go check out HF Draft/Prospects. Those guys/gals can actually tell you what a Wahlstrom or Bouchard is or will become. If you decide that's not good enough for you, than I don't know what to tell you.

And if you think we goof off like idiots, you should take a look at HF Canes. Those posters are insane (and this coming from me, the guy who made multiple GDTs all in binary).

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Team USA v. Russia coming up on NHL network in ten minutes. Keep an eye on Wahlstrom for the first pick and Morozov, Wise, Miller, M Samuelsson, and Wilde for the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad