Speculation: 2018 NHL Draft Talk :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
That's fine Buchnevich himself might be better than Svechnikov plus he is already NHL and KHL proven.

I absolutely love Buchnevich. He’s my favorite player outside the Canes and I’d pay Hanifin+ for him.

Svechnikov is a tier above already. The Canes need elite talent if they are going to compete in the Metro. Svechnikov is a god-send that they would be foolish to deal away for anyone short of a U22 surefire #1C Eichel/Matthews type.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Any interest trading down from #2 to #9? What are your roster needs? Are you rebuilding or or what?

Virtually none.

We're looking to end our rebuild and compete. The Canes FO has said they think they can get a superstar at #2 and an offer would have to be of "Really, they'd pay that!" variety. Also, it has to help long-term, not just 3 or 4 years.

I don't think a trade-down would be considered. A trade-out of the 1st entirely, for some else's elite young forward on ELC, seems more likely.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Sure there's a chance of that, but there's a better chance that Svechnikov outproduces Buchnevich as soon as next season.

Under a new coach Buchnevich is back on top 2 lines and on top PP unit he will likely hit 70 points. You really overvalue the difference between Svechnikov at #2 and Wahlstrom or Kotkaniemi at #9

Reactions: Unsustainable

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Under a new coach Buchnevich is back on top 2 lines and on top PP unit he will likely hit 70 points. You really overvalue the difference between Svechnikov at #2 and Wahlstrom or Kotkaniemi at #9

If we are making predictions then Svechnikov will likely hit 30+ Goals next year. He will be a 30+/30+ scorer on an ELC for the next 3 years which is insanely valuable for a budget team. He is also ready right now rather than 2-3 years out which is highly desirable for the Canes.

You really undervalue the difference between Wahlstrom or Kotkaniemi and Svechnikov. Besides that it isn’t guaranteed that Wahlstrom or Kotkaniemi will be available at #9, much less both.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
If we are making predictions then Svechnikov will likely hit 30+ Goals next year. He will be a 30+/30+ scorer on an ELC for the next 3 years which is insanely valuable for a budget team. He is also ready right now rather than 2-3 years out which is highly desirable for the Canes.

You really undervalue the difference between Wahlstrom or Kotkaniemi and Svechnikov. Besides that it isn’t guaranteed that Wahlstrom or Kotkaniemi will be available at #9, much less both.

If Svechnikov hits 30+ a season for his ELC, he’s also expansion draft exempt for Seattle in 2020

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

we shall see, but Rangers would be Pejorative Slured to give up Buchnevich + Kotkaniemi for Svechnikov

Reactions: Unsustainable

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

If he's hitting 30+ goals he's not far from also hitting his 2OA standard Schedule B bonus of $1.8M for being a league top 10 goalsman and being a ~$3.5M guy per season altogether.

Totally worth of the money, obviously.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
If he's hitting 30+ goals he's not far from also hitting his 2OA standard Schedule B bonus of $1.8M for being a league top 10 goalsman and being a ~$3.5M guy per season altogether.

Totally worth of the money, obviously.

Yeah same difference whether it is ~$1 million for a $5 million player ($4 million ELC value bonus) or $3.5 million for an $7.5 million player ($4 million ELC value bonus).

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Yeah same difference whether it is ~$1 million for a $5 million player ($4 million ELC value bonus) or $3.5 million for an $7.5 million player ($4 million ELC value bonus).

I hate myself if I do, but I'd also hate myself if I didn't, so: you won't get $5M guy for ~$1M. Potential $5M guy has enough leverage to get considerable A bonuses on his ELC and he will also hit them with his $5M performance, diminishing the ELC value bonus closer to $3M.

But on the positive note, this makes Svetch even more valuable.

Also, ELC value bonus needs to be a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad