Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft - Shall We Begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Good to know! Maybe a faster track to the nhl. Werenski went to Michigan, it worked out for him.

I don’t know whether it will fast track him or not but it’s probably safe to say he’ll sign within year or two from now. That’s pretty much the general time line for high draft picks in college.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I thought they had a **** draft the moment it ended. Want to talk about forcing need, there you go. A lot of defense and questionable upside size+grit.

Fun fact: HockeyProspect had Schnarr as a 1st rounder for the longest time last year. Was a mystery to me.

and that stepan trade has been terrible.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
on camera , is there a clip of this?

If I remember correctly it was in an interview after the trade when chayka was asked about the trade because arizona was going to take ratcliffe unless hexy overpaid.

Reactions: Jtown

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
wow, that is interesting. if the 4th was a sweetener it was a no brainer. We have had a ton of draft picks they past 3 drafts.

We had 2 3rds and 3 4ths too (in a row!) and still got Strome and Sushko. Arizona extracted good value in the trade but made poor use of it. Flyers got their guy and have depth and a treasure trove of picks; can’t complain.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
The Flyers 2015 draft will probably go down as one of their best ever just with Provorov and Konecny; Sandstrom, Marody and Vorobyev are there, too. And the 2017 draft has a chance to be as good.

Reactions: FlyGuys1

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm not sure about those %s, and it's not like Ratcliffe loses his high floor (he wasn't a very risky pick and might still be more a projectable middle 6 guy), but given their asset amount and prospect depth, I always love trade-ups for "your guy." I especially love that Flyers do it literally every draft. There were a handful of guys I would've taken over Ratcliffe at the time, but the Flyers overpaid with a 4th rounder, so that's a small price for me when you have enough certainty. And I'm coming around.

Fun fact - that 4th rounder came from the Pronger + Grossmann for Gagner trade. Scroll down to pick #120 to see the details.

NHL Entry Draft Picks - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: Flyerfan13

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Does anyone know of a decent draft pick value chart. I know the NFL has a fairly accurate one.

This is all I could find for NHL and it is from 2011.

http://statsportsconsulting.com/main/wp-content/uploads/Schuckers_NHL_Draftchart.pdf

I am curious to see theoretically how high our pick and STL could move up.

This article is pretty good and is from 2017.

Statistically Speaking: NHL Draft Pick Value - Article - TSN

Interesting that between 1990 and 2013, the odds of getting a Top 6 F/Top 4 D drop off dramatically after the 14th pick in the 1st round.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Thank you kindly, NHL Insider.

Here is my prediction, based on nothing but ... basically based on nothing:

We keep one of our firsts and trade down with the other.
We grab Joel Farabee first.
We grab Mattias Samuelsson with the late first we traded down to get.
We add a second-rounder in a trade, either the trade above or a different one.
We grab Jett WOO! with our first second.
We grab Martin Kaut with our second second.

Nostradumbass has spoken.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The Flyers 2015 draft will probably go down as one of their best ever just with Provorov and Konecny; Sandstrom, Marody and Vorobyev are there, too. And the 2017 draft has a chance to be as good.
Don't forget that Hextall then goes and adds the undrafted Myers to the mix that summer too!

We could very well have 3 guys who would go as 1st rounders in a re-draft. That could be a franchise changing draft.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Don't forget that Hextall then goes and adds the undrafted Myers to the mix that summer too!

We could very well have 3 guys who would go as 1st rounders in a re-draft. That could be a franchise changing draft.
2015 has the star power but for sheer quantity of NHL players, 2016 might have it beat. Outside of Hart and maybe Allison, none of the rest are probably stars but Rubtsov, Twarynski, Bunnaman, Hogberg, and Laczynski all look like they will have roles in the NHL. 7 guys from a draft would be insane even if most are bottom half of the roster players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad