GDT: 2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I was watching live when it happened. I thought it should have been a HR strictly based on the fact it never hit the ground. It didn’t seem any different than if the ball had hit the top of the wall and bounced over.

I don't know. A double sounds right to me. I did find this in the ground rules: "Batted ball in flight striking the top of the wall in the right field above the padding and rebounding onto playing field: In Play." While that is not strictly referring to the fence that separates the field from the bullpen (but the wall further to the right), it's the closest thing to a reference. The ball hit the fence above the padding then rebounded back onto that ledge i.e. the field and only then deflected back into the stands. Even though it didn't hit the ground, it went back 'in play' and only then bounced into the stands so an automatic double seems fair.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Yeah....Dodgers are gonna run away with this division

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Nats somehow get swept by that shell of a Dodgers team. At home. When Scherzer and Strasburg started 2 games. :huh:

WOW, amazing Braves comeback to win it after I called them out.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Nats somehow get swept by that shell of a Dodgers team. At home. When Scherzer and Strasburg started 2 games. :huh:

WOW, amazing Braves comeback to win it after I called them out.

mark lol you know the nationals are way way more of a shell team then the dodgers are right now. they have on dl:

outfielders: goodwin, eaton, robles
infielders: kendrick, zimmerman, murphy
catcher: wieters
bullpen: glover, grace (madson didnt pitch in series, he going to dl too)
etc etc

when you go up against alex wood and rich hill with half of the nats team on dl they arent gonna win many games

imagine if they had faced kershaw lol

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
mark lol you know the nationals are way way more of a shell team then the dodgers are right now. they have on dl:

outfielders: goodwin, eaton, robles
infielders: kendrick, zimmerman, murphy
catcher: wieters
bullpen: glover, grace (madson didnt pitch in series, he going to dl too)
etc etc

when you go up against alex wood and rich hill with half of the nats team on dl they arent gonna win many games

imagine if they had faced kershaw lol

They hardly faced Rich Hill.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Ryan madson to dl with pectoral strain. That's 12 players now on dl for nats

On bright side Tim Collins coming back up after missing years with multiple tommy john surgeries

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
why is this?

are all their starters hurt?
Strategy. Kevin Cash said it was because the top of the Angels' order is right-heavy and the actual starter, Yarbrough, is a lefty. Romo pitched a clean first inning and then left.

It worked so well that the Rays decided to do it again today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad