GDT: 2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
jeez theres a good chance that the nationals wont play til monday at the earliest. supposed to be heavy rain all weekend. might end up being 5 days off

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Rockies’ strategy of only using 2 good hitters every game is a bold one and it doesn’t work 99% of the time, but they keep trying it just to experience that joy of 1%

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet. Tonight's game looks like it's toast as the rain just doesn't seem to end really, but it looks certainly possible to get a window of 3-4 hours without substantial rain over the weekend and thereafter.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
nationals are planning to play through the rain for game 1, seems kinda silly with how much has fallen

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
oh jeez, think howie kendrick just tore his achilles. nats about to be down murphy, eaton, zimmerman, wieters and kedrick among numerous others

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Just had an interesting call in the Astros/Indians game. Altuve hit the ball into right field, it struck the right field fence, came down upon the ledge where the padded lower half of the fence meets the meshed fence part and bounced off that ledge into the stands to the right. It was called a HR at first but reversed into a double after review. Houston TV guys thought it's a HR, Cleveland TV guys thought it was a double..both seemed pretty convinced. I checked the ground rules for Minute Maid Park and found no reference to this particular play.

And of course that 1 run just made the difference in the game, too.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Just had an interesting call in the Astros/Indians game. Altuve hit the ball into right field, it struck the right field fence, came down upon the ledge where the padded lower half of the fence meets the meshed fence part and bounced off that ledge into the stands to the right. It was called a HR at first but reversed into a double after review. Houston TV guys thought it's a HR, Cleveland TV guys thought it was a double..both seemed pretty convinced. I checked the ground rules for Minute Maid Park and found no reference to this particular play.

I didn't see it, but it's amazing how many times a ball hits in some weird spot...netting pulled up, padding out of place, gap in the painted line, something that shouldn't happen but it does. Ball is going to go where the ball wants to go.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB

I was watching live when it happened. I thought it should have been a HR strictly based on the fact it never hit the ground. It didn’t seem any different than if the ball had hit the top of the wall and bounced over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad