GDT: 2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Strategy. Kevin Cash said it was because the top of the Angels' order is right-heavy and the actual starter, Yarbrough, is a lefty. Romo pitched a clean first inning and then left.

It worked so well that the Rays decided to do it again today.

It worked again today. I mean, people are going to call him a genius since it worked out, but it really was a good way to approach it since Cozart, Trout, Upton and Pujols (and Simmons and Cozart) are all right handed. Their only left handed bats are Calhoun (who has been awful), Valbuena and Ohtani (who wasn't going to hit this weekend).

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
What a great comeback by the Braves. Even though the Marlins suck really bad I'm glad I picked this weekend to go their games.

I guess Swanson was spoken to by Anthopoulos after the game regarding his runaway celebration and concern over getting guys hurt by doing that. I've noticed the Braves have done that anytime they've walked off this year. I'm surprised he only now said something.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
105 mph....holy shit.

That comeback by the Braves was awesome. All those singles with 2 outs. Death by paper cuts.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
so according to zack cozart, romo starting b2b games for the rays is "bad for baseball"

lolwut

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
so according to zack cozart, romo starting b2b games for the rays is "bad for baseball"

lolwut
It is great. Teams are statistically way better when they score first. It's a smart move by the Rays. They shouldn't have to play the game a certain way just because the Angels have a flawed roster and set a lineup with 6 consecutive righties.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
it was. nick pivetta wasant even on the nats radar. shows how good phillies scouting department is

Every team gets and gives up some of those. Kid was un-drafted so you could say the Nats already won by being able to use him as an asset in a trade. Turning nothing into something tends to be a win. Of course, who they traded him for was immensely unfortunate, and the trade turned out to be an easy W for the Phillies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
It took about a hour and a half to play 7 innings at Dodger stadium, so Dave Roberts put Pedro Baez in the game.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Matt Kemp :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rockies beat the Dodgers with Gerardo Parra hitting cleanup and the pitcher having better offensive numbers than 6~8 hitters.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Yeah, been noticing that with the AL Central all yr. long. Think eventually 1 of the teams gets over .500 in that division.

Easily. Indians have had slow starts the last two years which many people either don’t remember or didn’t notice. I bet they win 90-92 at least in the end. Really the only divisions going as planned early are the AL east and west. I don’t buy the Braves or Phillies holding on in the east, I think the Nats ultimately win it. The central I think Milwaukee pulls it off and call me crazy but I still say the Dodgers win the west. NL wildcard race may be crazy, the AL one may be over in July to be honest. Just not a very strong league this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad