2018 HFAvs Mock offseason game UFA open)

Seattle Expansion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
That's "draft picks" as in previous draft picks, right?

I shot a few more PM's. We'll see if we can make it to at least just one dispersed team.

Definitely make sure it's Minnesota.

That's 2018 draft picks, unless you think we should just eliminate their picks from the draft entirely

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Well at this point we need to come to an agreement on this because IMO if teams can just re-sign all their big names then that makes UFA boring for everyone. Otherwise ill probably just go back to all UFAs go to Free Agency

Also I think we're gonna just do a dispersal draft for the 2 remaining teams. Dispersal order will be reverse team selection order, I'll get the team selection order done tonight and we can begin first thing tomorrow.

I like the UFA has to sign for 8 years rule.

Edit: or the 10 UFA one. Just saw that.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
That's "draft picks" as in previous draft picks, right?

I shot a few more PM's. We'll see if we can make it to at least just one dispersed team.

Definitely make sure it's Minnesota.
Since 2019 picks (1-4) are in play this game, those should be included as well IMO as part of the dispersal draft

If you are a cap strapped team or a rebuilder, getting an extra pick or 2 to work with may be more valuable than a contracted player

Last edited:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Alright guys, did the rando for team selection. we'll start the clock at 7am MT tomorrow morning, 2 hour window to pick. Send your lists if you won't be around. i'll update the end of the rules list and the OP here with the list.

Screenshot (2).png

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
If we don't end up getting 2 more people by the time the teams are picked, I have no issue taking over a 2nd team (like has been done in the past). Obviously my two teams wouldn't be able to trade with each other.

Since it would be a 2nd team, I have no issue just taking one of the 2 that are left over after everyone has picked.

I'd honestly rather avoid a dispersal if possible.

xking23

Petersson
Jun 22, 2009
Peterborough
If we don't end up getting 2 more people by the time the teams are picked, I have no issue taking over a 2nd team (like has been done in the past). Obviously my two teams wouldn't be able to trade with each other.

Since it would be a 2nd team, I have no issue just taking one of the 2 that are left over after everyone has picked.

Ditto if this is the route we decide to take/no one else wants the last team.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

Ditto if this is the route we decide to take/no one else wants the last team.
Good, I'd prefer that too.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
So are we running the team selection draft now? Murzu is on the clock?

Oh I won it this time! But doesn't this draft start later today?

But as I'm the first I will inform everyone about my pick ASAP so ur job is easier.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Have to bear with me on timings, being on the other side of the world and all :) It is 4:24 in the afternoon for me right now.
I'd utilise pre-made lists heavily. Just send them to the NA folks. Still difficult to time that stuff obviously.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
So I'm going to be wicked busy, I don't mind running a team but if someone else wants to GM I also don't mind stepping aside this year and being part of a council or something here. If you wanted someone to be a player-agent making contract decisions or something like that.

Just throwing it out there, PM me if anything changes.

nbonaddio

BELLOWS: THE BEST
Mar 28, 2007
So I'm going to be wicked busy, I don't mind running a team but if someone else wants to GM I also don't mind stepping aside this year and being part of a council or something here. If you wanted someone to be a player-agent making contract decisions or something like that.

Just throwing it out there, PM me if anything changes.

Hey, I wouldn't mind taking over and looping you in on transactions if that's cool with you.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Hey, I wouldn't mind taking over and looping you in on transactions if that's cool with you.

I'm good with that.

@forsbergavs32 Just FYI. If you want me to be a player-agent that sounds like fun. If you guys can facilitate and just submit a batch of contract requests to me then I can be a neutral 3rd party and provide responses, narrow down lists for 'best and finals' and other stuff. You could even borrow me for NTC waiving requests.

Reactions: Murzu

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm good with that.

@forsbergavs32 Just FYI. If you want me to be a player-agent that sounds like fun. If you guys can facilitate and just submit a batch of contract requests to me then I can be a neutral 3rd party and provide responses, narrow down lists for 'best and finals' and other stuff. You could even borrow me for NTC waiving requests.

That’d be pretty dope actually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad