2018 HFAvs Mock offseason game UFA open)

Seattle Expansion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'll eventually start sending PM's to visiting users if/when the thread slows up, but we've had a good start to sign-ups! Keep 'er going.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’ve never done a mock offseason before, I’m pretty excited. But I hope I don’t f*** things up and embarrass myself :laugh:

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I doubt I have the time/inclination for this, but I honestly don't know what it is. It might be nice to include a description in the initial post next time for new users.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Last edited:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I doubt I have the time/inclination for this, but I honestly don't know what it is. It might be nice to include a description in the initial post next time for new users.

I'm currently working on that and it should be posted tonight or tomorrow. I generally like to get an idea of if we are gonna get enough people for it before going to all that work to make the rules. Check out the link from Risto

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Question is what team do I want this year.

2 of the last 3 years I've done it I took the Jets and the other year I was an expansion team.

Might be time for a change up but the question is who. Definitely throwing my name into the ring for the Avs this year, we're honestly one of the most enjoyable teams to do such a mock offseason with because of the high number of assets and top talent we have.

Flyers and Rangers as well would be asset friendly teams to dive into.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Question is what team do I want this year.

2 of the last 3 years I've done it I took the Jets and the other year I was an expansion team.

Might be time for a change up but the question is who. Definitely throwing my name into the ring for the Avs this year, we're honestly one of the most enjoyable teams to do such a mock offseason with because of the high number of assets and top talent we have.

Flyers and Rangers as well would be asset friendly teams to dive into.
Yeah, I'm definitely interested in the Avs too, although so are probably almost all of us. We'll draft teams again for sure, while having an Avs lottery. I was the Stars last time, and I've been at least the Wings and the Canes before. I think I doubled up with the Canes and Islanders, but doing two teams is not so great, except for the draft it's fine.
Probably time to hit up Paneerboy, Dabeast, etc
Yup. I'll start PM'ing previous visiting participants in the next couple of days.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Are we capping the draft at a certain round? If that is the case are we capping trades of draft picks to that round?

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I will pass on the Avs lotto, let others that want it more have them.

My suggestions:

As for the draft, 4 rounds should be about right. After that, it usually turns into autopicks galore anyhow.

And trading picks....only trade up to 4th round, but include 2019 picks. When we do the grading, we have to list the 2019 picks left to each.

Also for grading at the end, I would suggest categories. Best win now, best steady build, best tear down, and most improved. This may not be feasible, but folks might like some recognition for taking a team like LA that seems to be in trouble and blowing it up for a rebuild, even though that would preclude them from being a contender for the "playoffs."

Maybe also one off winners. Best trade, biggest draft steal, etc.

$80M cap, 21+2 rosters, committee rules on NTC/NMC waivers and RFA/UFA signings. Or could do it as 5+ upvotes (post likes by registered players) for each of those. Unbalanced trade vetoes nominated by at least 3 registered players, then either it goes to committee or one of the folks running it makes a post for it, and if that post fails to get 10? "registered" likes in 24 hours, the trade is cancelled.

That's enough crazy ideas from me for now.

Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad