Celtics/NBA 2018 Celtics/NBA offseason - LeBron James to Boston? Superstar will reportedly speak with Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
time to focus on Milwaukee, folks..... not much we can do about Hayward
05a939ca064ab53c3432a9f814d0631d978d7bf1e632f657a970f38a983f8284.jpg

Reactions: smithformeragent

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I admit I'm not a basketball fan, but that injury looked brutal. Hard to watch that... Now, don't call me a dick or anything, but does it seem a bit over the top with the "Please pray for ____" or "____ needs your prayers right now..." - I don't know, I understand those sentiments when someone is getting open heart surgery, but a broken ankle? Just seems a bit dramatic.

Again, I understand that it's a gruesome injury...

My definition of gruesome is far higher than most others but the reactions of fans and players as though it's an otherworldly occurrence is confusing. Injuries happen in sports, the player is alive and well.

When I see it I think "Celtics could be in trouble" and little more. This isn't Bergeron being plastered from behind by Jones with a potential broken neck, or Savvy being ruined by Cooke.

Basketball is a softer sport - the reaction would be even worse in MLB and I enjoy baseball.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
last night I was thinking after the injury trade Kyrie and Horford futures and tank tank tank! :)

you're not trading them, you do have a 4.5 M injury exception, from what I'm reading now, to be able to fill that slot.

decision has not been made whether Hayward remains in New England OR travels to Indiana for rehab post surgery.... remember the Butler connection between Stevens/Hayward, the last injury was done there.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Rule reminder :

2) Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others. Posting questionable content on team boards, particularly those of rivals, is likely to be seen as trolling.

5) Offensive Content: This is a site for ages 13 and up. Minors will be viewing our content, and threads are searchable on the web. Do not post slurs and stereotypes, sexually-oriented material, gore (human or animal), or any other potentially objectionable material. Our users are diverse in all ways so please respect that. Do not circumvent the profanity filter with alternate spellings/characters. Simply type out the word and let the filter handle it. Do not wish injury upon anyone, whether a site member or not.

To add to this:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/help/site_rules/

4) Threadjacking/OT: Posts that waste space or time on the site, annoy users due to characteristics or repetition, disrupt the site functionality, or cause threads to veer off topic may be considered “threadjacking/OT”. This also applies to signatures, user titles, avatars, profile fields, and so forth. Stay on topic as much as possible. Post new threads in the appropriate forum only. All political discussion is to be done on the Political Discussion Forum.

If you see a post that violates any of the above rules, use the report post feature. Using this can bring it to the attention of all active moderators and it will be addressed as quickly as possible. Once a post is reported, leave it alone and let the mods do their job. Do not respond to the post, tell the poster they were reported, or chide people for violating the rules.

In short, if you are not a moderator, don't play the role of the moderator. Don't quote posts that you feel are spam and further exacerbate any issues.

This is a HOCKEY forum. If we cannot handle having a Celtics thread, it will be closed.

Warnings will follow.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
My definition of gruesome is far higher than most others but the reactions of fans and players as though it's an otherworldly occurrence is confusing. Injuries happen in sports, the player is alive and well.

When I see it I think "Celtics could be in trouble" and little more. This isn't Bergeron being plastered from behind by Jones with a potential broken neck, or Savvy being ruined by Cooke.

Basketball is a softer sport - the reaction would be even worse in MLB and I enjoy baseball.

This one seemed worse than the others I've seen just because of the sound, his facial expression and the reaction of the crowd. Everything was just sucked out of the arena.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Irving fined $25,000 for swearing at Philly fan.

from espn.com:

Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving has been fined $25,000 for using inappropriate language toward a fan, the NBA announced Sunday.

Irving took responsibility for a profane outburst directed at a fan in Philadelphia who yelled at him and referenced LeBron James during Friday's game against the 76ers.

In a video that circulated on social media after Friday's game, a fan is heard shouting, "Kyrie, where's LeBron?" as Celtics players walked down their tunnel to the visitors' locker room at halftime. Irving appears to look up toward the fan before offering a profane response.

Irving said he talked to the league office about his outburst on Saturday but was waiting to hear if he would be fined. Asked if he had any regrets about the incident, Irving was emphatic he did not.

"Hell no," said Irving. "[The fan was] man enough to record it on video, then that's all him. I'm glad he got his [social media] name out there and then, kinda, five seconds of fame and it going viral. That's the social media platform we live on. I take full responsibility [for] what I said and excuse [to] the kids at home and you move on."

Full story here: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21114722/boston-celtics-kyrie-irving-fined-25000-language-fan

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Danny is looking like a genius for several things;

1. Brown
2. Tatum
3. betting against the BKN pick - Russell is breaking out and they have a nice team, don't see them anywhere near bottom 5 even without Lin
4. hopefully the LAL pick being 2-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad