Celtics/NBA 2018 Celtics/NBA offseason - LeBron James to Boston? Superstar will reportedly speak with Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Good pick at 27. He was too high in the mock drafts for me, but at 27th it's a home run.

CBS Sports gives the pick an A+

The Celtics get the defensive-minded, elite-rebounding big man they needed. He's a great athlete who can defend in a lot of styles. Could he be the American Clint Capela? The "steal of the draft" label could be his.

Reactions: Deam78

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
It’s unbelievable how lucky the Celtics are to have Ainge. All we hear about is how he may deal a few pieces from this exceptional young core to move up and get Bamba...yet he sits at 27, has to deal no pieces off the roster and still reels in a 7’5’’ wingspan, top 5 athlete in the draft, leading rebounder in the SEC, Willie Cauley-Stein lite, center.

And as I was doing some reading on him I realized it’s the guy that threw down this absolutely massive windmill dunk during March Maddness that I watched on repeat like a hundred times. Great pick.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Wow, I am amazed that we got such a great talent at #27, honestly. He has that Capela vibes to me. One big in a system surrounded by shooters.

I am glad Danny did't trade up. Well, Rozier, SAC pick, Morris for 3 would have been a good trade for us, but it wasn't realistic anyway. Teams usually don't trade out of the (high) lotto.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Do not be surprised at all if the Celtics move back into the 2nd round.
they only had the 27th pick.... there's simply 2 rounds, here.....

Sixers are getting blasted for drafting Bridges out of Villanova and flipping him to Phoenix for what became the 16th pick and a 2021 future pick from Miami.... the Sixers STILL haven't learned from Colangelo's debacle why would you hire a family member to work in the organization and then they deal him and he had no clue he had been dealt to the Suns the entire night

Dallas is the one getting Doncic, if he even elects to come over for potential star Trae Young....

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
they only had the 27th pick.... there's simply 2 rounds, here.....

Sixers are getting blasted for drafting Bridges out of Villanova and flipping him to Phoenix for what became the 16th pick and a 2021 future pick from Miami.... the Sixers STILL haven't learned from Colangelo's debacle why would you hire a family member to work in the organization and then they deal him and he had no clue he had been dealt to the Suns the entire night

Dallas is the one getting Doncic, if he even elects to come over for potential star Trae Young....

The Celtics have a multitude of picks in coming years. The poster was saying that they could move futures to get back into the 2nd round this year if there was a guy they liked.

Swing and a miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino