Celtics/NBA 2018 Celtics/NBA offseason - LeBron James to Boston? Superstar will reportedly speak with Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
So has there been any talk of how this happened? I can't watch the replay again because stuff like that really skeeves me. During the broadcast, they alluded to the heat between the Celts and Crowder and suggested they may have thought he caused the injury to Heyward, but never mentioned it again. Has anyone gone back and re-watched to see what actually happened and caused the break?
It looked like Crowder undercut him in the air and as he was coming down he ran into LeBron.

Crowder should have gotten called for a foul.

If Horford and Kyrie to get T’d up quick for jawing with Crowder I have a sneaking suspicion that they think Crowder caused the injury.

I obviously have no proof but the radio did point out that there was definitely something up between Horford and Crowder.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
It looked like Crowder undercut him in the air and as he was coming down he ran into LeBron.

If Horford and Kyrie to get T’d up quick for jawing with Crowder I have a sneaking suspicion that they think Crowder caused the injury.

I obviously have no proof but the radio did point out that there was definitely something up between Horford and Crowder.

I think they mentioned a few times that Crowder was jawing Tatum.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
Also, just wanted to say Smart looked like he lit a fire under the rest of the team at the start of the 3rd. Didn't look too hot on the scoresheet but that hustle and defense woke the rest of the C's up IMO.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Rule reminder :

2) Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others. Posting questionable content on team boards, particularly those of rivals, is likely to be seen as trolling.

5) Offensive Content: This is a site for ages 13 and up. Minors will be viewing our content, and threads are searchable on the web. Do not post slurs and stereotypes, sexually-oriented material, gore (human or animal), or any other potentially objectionable material. Our users are diverse in all ways so please respect that. Do not circumvent the profanity filter with alternate spellings/characters. Simply type out the word and let the filter handle it. Do not wish injury upon anyone, whether a site member or not.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

They were talking about it on the sports hub this morning. Said that Crowder turned and stuck his butt out as Hayward was in the air, which is cheap. Obviously he wasn't intending for that to happen, but he's clearly got some issues about what happened with him being moved. He was testy the year before when the fans were chanting Hayward's name too...

Reactions: Alicat

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I've never lost someone? Ok. I just know the Celtics still had to do what was best for the organization, and it's ridiculous for him to play that card. Take your bs elsewhere.

Your comment was incredibly ignorant. You can make a point about the Celtics needing to do what was best for them without the whole uncaring "his sister died, or people's sisters die every day" nonsense.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
They were talking about it on the sports hub this morning. Said that Crowder turned and stuck his butt out as Hayward was in the air, which is cheap. Obviously he wasn't intending for that to happen, but he's clearly got some issues about what happened with him being moved. He was testy the year before when the fans were chanting Hayward's name too...

ya watched it again. Crowder goes low, Lebron hits him high, Hayward in a vulnerable position. I'm literally seething at the Cavs for this. Not watching them this year.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I don't think Crowder meant to hurt Hayward but it was definitely a cheap play and he should have been called for it and maybe even t'd up.

Crowder was acting like a jackwagon last night to everyone. He needs to grow up.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It was as gruesome an injury as I've ever seen. I honestly think he will be lucky to miss just this season.

The armchair doctors are saying he could possibly be out as little as 3 months, if there's no ligament or blood vessel damage. I personally can't see that happening, but I'll be happy if he makes a full recovery, whenever that may be.

Reactions: BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don't think Crowder meant to hurt Hayward but it was definitely a cheap play and he should have been called for it and maybe even t'd up.

Crowder was acting like a jackwagon last night to everyone. He needs to grow up.

As much as I loved IT and his game, I equally loathed Crowder the entire time he was here. He got way more credit than he deserved. I thought his basketball IQ was pretty low, given his very questionable shot selection. And he acted like such a baby when the whole Hayward getting cheered thing happened last year. Pissing and moaning at the fans like a drama queen.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The armchair doctors are saying he could possibly be out as little as 3 months, if there's no ligament or blood vessel damage. I personally can't see that happening, but I'll be happy if he makes a full recovery, whenever that may be.
Ankles are one of the worst places to have a break. Some heal well and others not so much a la Teddy Bridgewater.

His saving grace is no ligament damage. Having dealt with both tendon and ligament damage with a fracture, you are never the same and I'm not a pro athlete.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I dont see how he ever trusts landing on that ankle again, especially after a jump shot or going up for a dunk, where lots of the time you land on one leg. Worst sport for an ankle injury.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Your comment was incredibly ignorant. You can make a point about the Celtics needing to do what was best for them without the whole uncaring "his sister died, or people's sisters die every day" nonsense.
My brother had died in a plane crash leaving behind 3 children. There are others here who lost siblings they were extremely close to. My brother's birthday was yesterday and I was thinking during the day about our childhood playing hockey and stuff

I know I went off the rails here when it happened and had to tell Wally why I was acting so angry- I always felt bad I lashed out at people here who didn't deserve it

That comment bothered me and I'm sure others but we learn and move on and hopefully are better people

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
People are acting like Hayward died. Grown men weeping? He broke his ankle people. It sucks, but my god people are going overboard.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
well heres something you don't see everyday:

On the eve of the NBA season, Chicago Bulls teammates Bobby Portis and Nikola Mirotic got into fight at practice, and Mirotic was beaten so badly, he had to be hospitalized.
Yahoo has the details:
Mirotic was taken to the hospital Tuesday after their shoving altercation during practice ended with an alleged cheap shot from Portis to Mirotic's face, league sources told The Vertical. Mirotic is undergoing tests, but is expected to be out for the foreseeable future, league sources said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...-practice-sent-him-to-the-hospital/ar-AAtEPrw

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I dont see how he ever trusts landing on that ankle again, especially after a jump shot or going up for a dunk, where lots of the time you land on one leg. Worst sport for an ankle injury.

Yes I think this could be an important factor too if the injury heals well enough that he is cleared to play again.

We'll just have to wait for the results of his surgery :(

NCBruinsfan

Oct 21, 2016
FromSomersetMa
Oh we're still talking huh? What a treat.

Anyway, my point wasn't to downplay his or anyone else's loss. It's horrible, and I still feel bad for him. But like it or not, he isn't special because of it, and the Celtics shouldn't be forced to keep a player with a bad hip on a contract year because he suffered a death in the family. That seems to be what he thinks, and I think that's ridiculous.

I also think maybe if you'd come off your soapbox and chill with the name calling, we could have discussed this a little better from the beginning.

Reactions: LouJersey

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I admit I'm not a basketball fan, but that injury looked brutal. Hard to watch that... Now, don't call me a dick or anything, but does it seem a bit over the top with the "Please pray for ____" or "____ needs your prayers right now..." - I don't know, I understand those sentiments when someone is getting open heart surgery, but a broken ankle? Just seems a bit dramatic.

Again, I understand that it's a gruesome injury...

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I admit I'm not a basketball fan, but that injury looked brutal. Hard to watch that... Now, don't call me a dick or anything, but does it seem a bit over the top with the "Please pray for ____" or "____ needs your prayers right now..." - I don't know, I understand those sentiments when someone is getting open heart surgery, but a broken ankle? Just seems a bit dramatic.

Again, I understand that it's a gruesome injury...

I don't pray, nor do I believe it has any influence on anything other than on the mind of the person who prays (if that), but I see people asking others to pray for much less. I guess praying for his recovery (i.e. that his career will resume at close to the level it has been) is similar to praying for someone's job interview to go well.

Is it over the top in my opinion? Sure, but I could argue that any instance is over the top... live and let live. :laugh:

Reactions: LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad