2018-2019 Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Filppula could be huge for this team. Solid shutdown C. Just wonder if we get him how they built lines because if they want to increase Toews offense and let him play easier minutes and let Filppula handle tougher competition, who is going to play with him?

Hayden - Toews - Kane (2nd toughest competition)
DeBrincat - Schmaltz - Sikura (pure offense)
Saad - Filppula - Hinostroza (shutdown)
Kahun - Kampf - Wingels (6-8min 4th line duty)

That is far from Filppula

His D was major reason him and Babcock did not get along

And he is declining as player so no thanks

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Sign Wingels for the 4th line and let him mentor/help the kids on the bottom 6

No thanks to Filppula

Spend on Moore on D and Hutton in Nets .... just go with the kids

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Is Ward all we have to talk about? No word on the big prices? Trade rumours?

I like Ward, always did. I think he would be a solid backup. I think he can help us and teach a bit. He even could take on some load, something Forsberg couldn't

We can talk about Jack Hughes.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Sign Wingels for the 4th line and let him mentor/help the kids on the bottom 6

No thanks to Filppula

Spend on Moore on D and Hutton in Nets .... just go with the kids

If Filppula is taking money away from your ability to sign D, then you’re doing it wrong. He shouldn’t cost much.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I just can't get past my pre-existing opinion on Carter Hutton. Guy figured it out at 31? Not saying that doesn't happen, but man am I waiting for the other shoe to drop. Not a fan.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I just can't get past my pre-existing opinion on Carter Hutton. Guy figured it out at 31? Not saying that doesn't happen, but man am I waiting for the other shoe to drop. Not a fan.

Watch when he goes to Sabres and have Darling like numbers.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I’m surprised we haven’t heard more activity surrounding the hawks. If they wiff on free agency it’s best to just play for the lotto.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It's a woof not matter what he signs for. If he plays for the Hawks its a woof. Hopefully they bring in a capable #3 LOL

Sort of a woof anyway if they can take the extra 750k and spend it on a defenseman or forward.

I think he can be a solid enough backup, or at the very least, more reliable than Forsberg or someone else, at a decent price point, if coming in under 1.5m. If he sees 25-30 games behind Crow, he'd probably be fine, honestly. :dunno:

I think he's bad, as a starter. But it's possible he could be a solid enough backup.

Who knows, though. I just don't want them to sign him at like 2-3m for a couple years, with the expectation that Crow is done, and Ward will be starting... It seems like it's basically a done deal at this point, so now it's just a matter of how much, and how long. And will he be a BU, or the starter. Hopefully under 1.5m and less than two years, and as a BU.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I think he can be a solid enough backup, or at the very least, more reliable than Forsberg or someone else, at a decent price point, if coming in under 1.5m. If he sees 25-30 games behind Crow, he'd probably be fine, honestly. :dunno:

I think he's bad, as a starter. But it's possible he could be a solid enough backup.

Who knows, though. I just don't want them to sign him at like 2-3m for a couple years, with the expectation that Crow is done, and Ward will be starting... It seems like it's basically a done deal at this point, so now it's just a matter of how much, and how long. And will he be a BU, or the starter. Hopefully under 1.5m and less than two years, and as a BU.

I'm with you on all of this. He's not who I would have chosen and I think if they are expecting him to be a starter, it's a recipe for disaster. But I could see him being an adequate backup. I will be pissed if it's for more than 1 year or for more than 2 mil.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It reminds me of Marty Turco. He was a terrible signing, everyone knew it, and we couldn't rely on him even as a back up. Almost missed the playoffs that year with a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad