2018-2019 Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
why the hell is everyone praising the Sharks right now?? I know it is a bit off topic, but how the hell are they a great organization who hasn't won shit, and most of that core is north of 30...seeing it on HF and now NHL Now with Weekes salivating over them....why??? I do not get it to be honest. they are a solid team, but look like every other good team out there just older...this is without Tavares, they seem to think they are just one of the best teams in the league, consistent, but never the best.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Flavor of the month, AD. Same with LV, Washington, Nashville, WPG, etc.
I don't know, Doug Wilson consistently praised, but man has he blown it on some stuff too, and his draft record isn't the greatest either...Hawks get shit on everywhere, we have an aging core, but the Sharks are miles ahead of us?? I think they are about a goalie and 1 better #1 dman ahead of us and that is about it.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I remember people thinking Turco was a really solid signing

Yep this claim that Turco signing was terrible at time was not view of many

They wanted vet #1 to platoon with Crawford and couldn't afford anyone else because of cap situation

Also Ward situation is not at all comparable as Hawks are not signing him to be the guy like Turco was supposed to be for that year

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I don't know, Doug Wilson consistently praised, but man has he blown it on some stuff too, and his draft record isn't the greatest either...Hawks get **** on everywhere, we have an aging core, but the Sharks are miles ahead of us?? I think they are about a goalie and 1 better #1 dman ahead of us and that is about it.

People hate the Hawks because they won 3 cups. They were waiting for the downfall to talk shit.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I remember people thinking Turco was a really solid signing
I remember the press release was something like “Hawks sign All-Star goaltender Marty Turco”
When he was something like 6 years removed from an all star game. That’ll fool a lot of casual fans.

“Hawks sign Conn Smythe winner” coming soon...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yep this claim that Turco signing was terrible at time was not view of many

They wanted vet #1 to platoon with Crawford and couldn't afford anyone else because of cap situation

Also Ward situation is not at all comparable as Hawks are not signing him to be the guy like Turco was supposed to be for that year
Some Hawks fans thought it was a good signing, but all the Star fans knew it wasn't. And it is comparable because we are bringing an old vet whose best days are well behind him, and like Turco, probably won't be able to hold the fort against anybody but the bottom dwellers.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Even if you think they should of trusted Crawford... they had to have a 2nd goalie as Huet had to be demoted to fit the cap. It's not like they had other legit options. Finding some random vet minimum guy would of been 700k less? I dont know what minimum was then.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
I heard some rumors of the Hawks trying to move Hossa's contract...would you trade Hossa + Hinestroza to Buffalo?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I heard some rumors of the Hawks trying to move Hossa's contract...would you trade Hossa + Hinestroza to Buffalo?
I am not sure about others here, but that would be a hard pass for me moving Hino as a throw away...much rather give a 2nd or 3rd rounder away to take Hoss off our hands, not a player we need right now to contribute on such a sweet contract.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
I am not sure about others here, but that would be a hard pass for me moving Hino as a throw away...much rather give a 2nd or 3rd rounder away to take Hoss off our hands, not a player we need right now to contribute on such a sweet contract.

How about Hossa + Anisimov?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
No. Hawks shouldnt trade any good, young roster player to move a contract that doesn’t need to be moved.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I don't get saying no to Hino involved... Depends on the return. If you're thinking just no return but some minor draft pick then no. But a legit prospect or another young middle 6 or LD then yes it's a possible trade offer.

I would make the trade and turn around to call back Duclair to say stay awhile.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
we haven't talked much about Patrick Maroon, but if the Hawks view JVR out of their price tag, does a guy like Maroon possibly step in? he has put up decent numbers the past 3 years, and is a bull in front of the net....the game is getting faster and he isn't the fastest, but he has shown he can keep up enough to play with McDavid and Hall...interesting name that NHL Network is talking about....

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
How about Hossa + Anisimov?
I would do Hossa + Anisimov for Zach Smith and Dzingel with Ottawa and be willing to throw in a middle round pick or B prospect. In real salary, Anisimov is only owed an average of 4 per year for the 3 remaining years compared to Smith's 3.25 X 3 Anisimov to me is a middle 6 center while Smith is a bottom 6.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Even if you think they should of trusted Crawford... they had to have a 2nd goalie as Huet had to be demoted to fit the cap. It's not like they had other legit options. Finding some random vet minimum guy would of been 700k less? I dont know what minimum was then.

Pretty sure Huet was loaned to a team in Europe and Hawks paid the salary but it didn’t count against the cap, and that loophole was closed after the lockout. But yeah, they needed a cheap goalie but they totally oversold it as some great signing.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
upload_2018-6-28_20-57-20.png

Just wasn't good enough for this Hawks team!

Blackhawk93

May 2, 2018
It scares me that Bowman has yet to trade Hossa or Anisimov yet. Those were like the two things he had to do, and if he doesn’t then it’s a telltale sign of a long season upcoming.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
It scares me that Bowman has yet to trade Hossa or Anisimov yet. Those were like the two things he had to do, and if he doesn’t then it’s a telltale sign of a long season upcoming.

Why does he have to trade Anisimov? It may be impossible to trade Hossa without adding some crazy sweetener. I feel like it would have happened already if it was going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca