2017 WCQF Series Topic - Blackhawks vs Predators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
People were moaning before every game that Kempny wasn't in the lineup, now he is getting put in and there is moaning because its game 4. So there would have been moaning if Oduya had stayed iin the lineup instead of Kempny, now Kempny is inserted and there is moaning because he is rusty and its too late. So basically there would be moaning no matter who is put in or what is done.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
People were moaning before every game that Kempny wasn't in the lineup, now he is getting put in and there is moaning because its game 4. So there would have been moaning if Oduya had stayed iin the lineup instead of Kempny, now Kempny is inserted and there is moaning because he is rusty and its too late. So basically there would be moaning no matter who is put in or what is done.

We're moaning because it might be a case of too little too late.

Kempny needed to be in earlier than when this team dug the mightiest of playoff holes. Or at the very least he should've been playing the last few games of the regular season to get him some relatively recent playing time (he was a healthy scratch the last two or three games of the season).

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It's not moaning. We can just envision the scenario where the kid who had no consistent play down the stretch and is jumping into his FIRST EVER PLAYOFF game is probably going to be less than what he could have been if handled right.

Kempny in for Oduya would have been the correct play down the stretch and into the playoffs, as many Blackhawks fans were screaming for.

It'll still be an improvement over Oduya, but Q's favoritisim and prioritizing loyalty over merit, really hurt this team down the stretch and through the last 3 games.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Oh please. Sounds suspiciously like you're making an excuse for Hawks' wetting the bed in the first round (again). From what I've seen, every team in the PO's is playing pretty well except Hawks.

I agree with him. I think it will be either NSH or SJS representing the West in the Final. Not sold on the Ducks really.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I dont think they'll win game 4. They're reaching for a fastball they dont have anymore. Or at least right now.

In their heads, I think they genuinely believe they have another gear they can get to when its all on the line, the way they have through so many comeback wins and OT wins, and series deficits.

But its really not about what the Blackhawks arent doing. At least, not nearly as much as it's about what the guys in yellow arent allowing them to do. Because they're the better team.

And while NSH has been a little bit better all season in the numbers that matter, it obviously wasnt the coinflip I thought it was. Partly because the rookies arent handling their first playoffs with the poise they did the regular season. And frankly, if this team has Oduya playing top4 minutes all year instead of just the stretch, the numbers wouldnt have been close at all.

Those are factors... but the biggest factors are named Forsberg, Subban, Johansen, Ellis, Josi and Rinne. They're winning this series so much more than the Blackhawks are losing it.

I just have to say your posts this playoff have been incredible. I have been at work, busier, and then I get a chance to read the boards and I find myself agreeing with the analysis, and it is an analysis. I know I have told you you were nuts with some stuff and that's fine. I want to give credit where it is due and I have been enjoying your posts and the stats, which I have been too busy to dig into, but I think you are all over this series. Anyway, thanks.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
NVM.

Ya'll dropped it, so I will too. I need to refresh the thread before posting after a long hiatus, lol

Last edited:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
We're moaning because it might be a case of too little too late.

Kempny needed to be in earlier than when this team dug the mightiest of playoff holes. Or at the very least he should've been playing the last few games of the regular season to get him some relatively recent playing time (he was a healthy scratch the last two or three games of the season).

Exactly. It's obvious.

I don't see much support for Q these days and for good reason.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
John Weideman was on Sirius XM radio this morning and basically said it was more Nashville on a mission to not allow us any time and space to do anything ...checkers right on our d-men who cannot get puck out under pressure and the normal Q past systems not working because once a checker pressuring our D-man on the puck the other Nashvilke players seem to have already adjusted to the passing lane they think the puck will get passed to...as if they know Q's system to a T ...He said Q needs to adjust the exit and clear strategies ..He said there are several Nashvilke players who were beaten by the Hawks in 2 prior playoff exits and that they are Determined it will not hapoen this time..so basically he was saying that they were playing as hard as they can every shift ...not letting up a bit..In essence they are on a misdion together and we are not engaged to the same degree of effort that it takes to play your top game for that long in games ...So he is saying it is more what they are doing to dictate on us rather than faults of our pkayer's playing poorly ..but that we are not matching their determination and that the extraordinary determination and effort they are putting forth allows them to excite their coach's strategies better than our guys can execute Q's strategies ..They refuse to allow us to execute with our normal skills ..and they are willing to block a ton of our shot attempts ..so he is giving them full credit and not do.much finding individual guys on our team who are at fault ..In other words their entire TEAM wants bit more than our TEAM (on these boards complaints usually single out certain of our players for our losing ...he is implying it is more their Team determination that is the main reason we are down 3-0 in the series. ..So yes ..we can identify players on our team who need to be a lot better...but it is more that our whole Team has to match the determination of their TEAM on a mission..the other improvements individually and in strategy adjustment by Q and his staff are also required but unless our Team want for that Cup equals nor betters what Nashvilke as a team is displaying ,then we will not come back to make this a series again with a chance to come all the way back.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
John Weideman was on Sirius XM radio this morning and basically said it was more Nashville on a mission to not allow us any time and space to do anything ...checkers right on our d-men who cannot get puck out under pressure and the normal Q past systems not working because once a checker pressuring our D-man on the puck the other Nashvilke players seem to have already adjusted to the passing lane they think the puck will get passed to...as if they know Q's system to a T ...He said Q needs to adjust the exit and clear strategies ..He said there are several Nashvilke players who were beaten by the Hawks in 2 prior playoff exits and that they are Determined it will not hapoen this time..so basically he was saying that they were playing as hard as they can every shift ...not letting up a bit..In essence they are on a misdion together and we are not engaged to the same degree of effort that it takes to play your top game for that long in games ...So he is saying it is more what they are doing to dictate on us rather than faults of our pkayer's playing poorly ..but that we are not matching their determination and that the extraordinary determination and effort they are putting forth allows them to excite their coach's strategies better than our guys can execute Q's strategies ..They refuse to allow us to execute with our normal skills ..and they are willing to block a ton of our shot attempts ..so he is giving them full credit and not do.much finding individual guys on our team who are at fault ..In other words their entire TEAM wants bit more than our TEAM (on these boards complaints usually single out certain of our players for our losing ...he is implying it is more their Team determination that is the main reason we are down 3-0 in the series. ..So yes ..we can identify players on our team who need to be a lot better...but it is more that our whole Team has to match the determination of their TEAM on a mission..the other improvements individually and in strategy adjustment by Q and his staff are also required but unless our Team want for that Cup equals nor betters what Nashvilke as a team is displaying ,then we will not come back to make this a series again with a chance to come all the way back.

Determination is a great thing to have.

But it's the speed gap that's allowing the Predators to dominate the Blackhawks, not a determination gap.

Puck moving speed more-so than skating speed, though Preds have more of that too.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I am waiting till the Fat Lady Sings for certain before a full post -mortem...and before I reveal my Master Plan for going forward next season...but I can say that my plan is pure genius in solving our cap and personnel problems ..it bid do good that even IF by miracle comeback we win this series...even if we then go on to win the Cup..I would still follow my Master Plan.Believe me you will clap in agreement once I do reveal it.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois

Because he should have been in all along. And now he's in after barely playing at all for the last month of the season.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

To summarize: Q's so-called systems are being exploited and he has no answer.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
I am waiting till the Fat Lady Sings for certain before a full post -mortem...and before I reveal my Master Plan for going forward next season...but I can say that my plan is pure genius in solving our cap and personnel problems ..it bid do good that even IF by miracle comeback we win this series...even if we then go on to win the Cup..I would still follow my Master Plan.Believe me you will clap in agreement once I do reveal it.

Please reveal it now

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
To summarize: Q's so-called systems are being exploited and he has no answer.

Amazing the we can't find a Preds Dman who is less than a Potvin, Orr or Coffey and soft dump it in his corner and then make him eat it.

Do they have 6 Norris contenders dressed every night?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Amazing the we can't find a Preds Dman who is less than a Potvin, Orr or Coffey and soft dump it in his corner and then make him eat it.

Do they have 6 Norris contenders dressed every night?

You can't hit what you can't catch. They're not all Norris contenders, but they are probably the best top 4 in the NHL and were hyped as such pre-season before an inconsistent start. Down the stretch they were every bit as good as advertised.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Because he should have been in all along. And now he's in after barely playing at all for the last month of the season.

Scenario 1 - Q plays Oduya again game 4 and keeps Kempny on the bench.

Reaction in here - Friggin idiot Q, even in an elimination game he goes with his patethic old vet Oduya while Kempny rots. This should be it, after this loss he should be fired or kicked upstairs.

Scenario 2 - Oduya is put in the press box and Kempny plays

Reaction in here - Friggin idiot Q, now when we are down 3-0 and facing elimination and at the last minute he sticks Kempny in when he has hardly played and should have been playing the last month. This should be it, after this loss Q should be fired or kicked upstairs.

Conclusion - No matter what this was going to end up a moan regardless of the scenario.

Not sticking up for Q, he has done nothing to help the situation. Should he have played Kempny much sooner? I think so. Do I think we would still be down 3-0 if Kempny played this entire series? Yes. We have 2 goals. Our offense stinks, it wouldn't magically of transformed into victories with Kempny. People are frustrated, they want to point a finger at someone when you need about 20 fingers pointing at almost every player and coach. As well we are playing a team that has executed a game plan perfectly and we have no answers. Almost like what the Bulls are doing to the Celtics. An overrated 1 seed is getting spanked by an underrated 8 seed with a great game plan.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Reaction in here - Friggin idiot Q, even in an elimination game he goes with his patethic old vet Oduya while Kempny rots. This should be it, after this loss he should be fired or kicked upstairs.

Reaction in here - Friggin idiot Q, now when we are down 3-0 and facing elimination and at the last minute he sticks Kempny in when he has hardly played and should have been playing the last month. This should be it, after this loss Q should be fired or kicked upstairs.

Conclusion - No matter what this was going to end up a moan regardless of the scenario.

Not sticking up for Q, he has done nothing to help the situation. Should he have played Kempny much sooner? I think so. Do I think we would still be down 3-0 if Kempny played this entire series? Yes. We have 2 goals. Our offense stinks, it wouldn't magically of transformed into victories with Kempny. People are frustrated, they want to point a finger at someone when you need about 20 fingers pointing at almost every player and coach. As well we are playing a team that has executed a game plan perfectly and we have no answers. Almost like what the Bulls are doing to the Celtics. An overrated 1 seed is getting spanked by an underrated 8 seed with a great game plan.

Yup. This deficit isn't any one thing.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Offense starts at the back end and comes by virtue of possession. Taking our best possession-driving defensemen out of the roster in favor of a nostalgia tour significantly impacted the team's ability to generate either.

Is it the ONLY problem? No.

The rookies look like rookies in their first NHL playoffs. Which is disappointing after how they carried themselves through the regular season, and how important they've been to the team's success this season, but hardly unprecedented or unfixable.

The coaches inability or lack of interest in hard-matching our most consistent line down the stretch (Hartman-Kruger-Hossa - the only line that continued to play at a high level post-Oduya) against their most potent line on home ice dug us a 0-2 hole.

All of these things are issues.

But Q is open and proud about the fact that his is a defense first system that generates its push from the backend. And in deference to loyalty, he kneecapped the team's ability to do what the system is set-up to do.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Not even close to the case. People are moaning because many many people called this from game 70+ that Oduya was gonna suck after what they saw in the regular season and that Kempny wasn't going to be ready.

Maybe some people just don't like Q. Maybe Kempny comes out and plays really well.

All I know is that he should have been playing the entire year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad