2017 WCQF Series Topic - Blackhawks vs Predators

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I agree that at this point the Hawks need to focus on one game at a time. Focus on trying to play more of the game they love. Try focus on not getting embarrassingly out played.

If they can keep their focus, play to the level we expect, and have some puck luck, we might just come out of this.

Who the hell am I kidding, Q will ice Oduya, and he'll make a defensive mistake costing us game 4.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I don't think they win 4 straight but we have seen some amazing things in Chicago Sports. One game at a time.

Yep... break it down even further to period by period.

Some seem to forget that Hawks outplayed Preds pretty badly in game 1 and were robbed by bad officiating in game 3. As bad as Hawks have been at times in this series, it should not be 3 - 0 for Preds right now.

Again, play it period to period and keep the pedal to the metal.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Can't embed Hedger's tweet on mobile right now, but Kempny's finally in, taking Oduya's spot.
Lines are
8-19-81
72-15-88
70-16-14
38-67-22

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Can't embed Hedger's tweet on mobile right now, but Kempny's finally in, taking Oduya's spot.
Lines are
8-19-81
72-15-88
70-16-14
38-67-22

Oh gawd Q. If MK is in, this is Rundblad all over again.

Actually it's worse - at least Bladder played a FT role in the RS last season.

If Q can't trust MK during the RS, and would only play him PT with limited minutes as result, how the frig can he trust him now?? This move has desperation written all over it.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Q blew it by not playing Kempny more. It's a little late now, dude hasn't played in idk how many games where our actual whole roster was playing,

I like the roster change, hate the timing.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Is there some African curse I am unaware of that prevents Kane and Toews to be on a line together? I mean, we are down 3-0, at this point might as well put it all out there and see what happens. Anisimov isn't giving Kane any real help right now, might as well try and spark Toews with Kaner on his wing...I dunno, they can play on the power play together but never one a regular shift.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Everybody knew that Kempny would be back when the hole was dug. It's just inevitable that the optimal lineup is iced when the deficit is daunting. Hawks will rip off some wins but the margin of error is so small that they will likely fall short. Just like last year.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Everybody knew that Kempny would be back when the hole was dug. It's just inevitable that the optimal lineup is iced when the deficit is daunting. Hawks will rip off some wins but the margin of error is so small that they will likely fall short. Just like last year.

I thought for sure it would be Forsling.(actually TBH the thought remains in my mind)

I like MK's game. Always have. But he needed badly to play all season long. Q is really placing him in a difficult spot and I hope he succeeds.

But I don't know how any Hawk fan can stick up for Q this time.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Same ****, different day, with the roster management.

At least Kempny is in the lineup like we've wanted since the beginning. Unfortunately, it's likely too little, too late.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
Is there some African curse I am unaware of that prevents Kane and Toews to be on a line together? I mean, we are down 3-0, at this point might as well put it all out there and see what happens. Anisimov isn't giving Kane any real help right now, might as well try and spark Toews with Kaner on his wing...I dunno, they can play on the power play together but never one a regular shift.

Well they played together for about 10 games this year and were downright terrible together.

That usually is the nuclear option though with Q when they get down in the series. I think if they would have been down early in game 3 we would have seen it. Just as I expect we will see it in game 4 if they need offense. Since the PAK line has been dreadful in this series I kind of hope that they just go for it from the opening faceoff. Panarin-Anisimov-Hossa clicked earlier this year, maybe they can recapture a little of that now. The Kruger line was the only good line last game so keeping them together makes sense.

8-19-88
72-15-81
70-16-14

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010

Quenneville was way ahead of you: 72-19-88 was tried in Game 1 or 2 or both. It didn't work, just like in the regular season.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I thought for sure it would be Forsling.(actually TBH the thought remains in my mind)

I like MK's game. Always have. But he needed badly to play all season long. Q is really placing him in a difficult spot and I hope he succeeds.

But I don't know how any Hawk fan can stick up for Q this time.

No doubt.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Well they played together for about 10 games this year and were downright terrible together.

That usually is the nuclear option though with Q when they get down in the series. I think if they would have been down early in game 3 we would have seen it. Just as I expect we will see it in game 4 if they need offense. Since the PAK line has been dreadful in this series I kind of hope that they just go for it from the opening faceoff. Panarin-Anisimov-Hossa clicked earlier this year, maybe they can recapture a little of that now. The Kruger line was the only good line last game so keeping them together makes sense.

8-19-88
72-15-81
70-16-14

#72 has been invisible thus far. I do hope he is injured otherwise he is not a warrior and needs to be traded asap.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Panarin did lay down to block a point shot with his body in Game 2. And he was the most feisty forward of the 72-19-88 line on ice, when there was a little scrum in front of Crawford and the two d-men, with #88 being the second-most feisty. I will let you guess who's the least engaged forward.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Panarin did lay down to block a point shot with his body in Game 2. And he was the most feisty of the forwards on ice, when there was a little scrum in front of Crawford and the two d-men, with #88 being the second-most feisty. I will let you guess who's the least engaged forward.

Feisty perhaps but AP needs to bring his A game offensively, NOW.

As for AA, I wouldn't be surprised if he is playing hurt and lets not forget that it is no easy feat taking a month off prior to the big show. I expect AA to get better as he gets his conditioning and timing back.... assuming of course that Hawks don't fizzle out.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
AA is playing one one leg right now. I don't think much more can be expected of him. He's battling however he can.

Panarin has been damn near invisible. He's not alone.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
AP has some of that crazy russian in him and is willing to get feisty as some have said. Kane is a lot more engaging since 2015. He plays with much more of an attitude since then.

Still haven't seen enough from Panarin this series tho.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
Same ****, different day, with the roster management.

At least Kempny is in the lineup like we've wanted since the beginning. Unfortunately, it's likely too little, too late.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Not all of us. There was quite a vocal group who thought an old oduya would be far better. Oh well. Too little too late now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad