2017 WCQF Series Topic - Blackhawks vs Predators

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
The team I least wanted to face out of the possible options, but we should still handle them.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
Worst matchup. Weber didnt play much last time and it was still a nailbiter. Not sure why people expect an easy series. Two great pairings, rinne seemingly playing well, and guys like arvidsson means their forward depth isnt trash like it normally is.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'm perfectly okay with the Preds. Any team has a chance of knocking us out.

But here's a few good things about playing Nashville:

-Not a dirty team. If we played Calgary, Tkachuk could've easily injured a player or two.
-We've been able to beat Rinne twice in the playoffs. Can't say the same for Elliot
-The starting times have a better chance of not being crazy late. Though they probably will be anyway.
-They have a problem scoring goals.
-Hartman, Panik, and Tootoo have all had arguably their best games of the season against Nashville.

Hawks in 5.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Worst matchup. Weber didnt play much last time and it was still a nailbiter. Not sure why people expect an easy series. Two great pairings, rinne seemingly playing well, and guys like arvidsson means their forward depth isnt trash like it normally is.

Hard to compare either team to 2015. Our defensive depth sucked then, and we didn't have a game breaking Russian with us.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Blackhawks in 6, assuming the rookies keep playing the way they have through the 2nd half. If the bright lights phase them, then our depth isn't much better than Nashville's up front.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
This series could be one of the most challenging for the Hawks. The Hawks usually get better the deeper they go in the playoffs, so if they make it past this round, I'm fairly confident in their chances of making it to the SCF.

But going into the first round, they've been coasting for awhile. And Nashville is no pushover. Makes me nervous.

That said, Hawks in 6.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
I'm perfectly okay with the Preds. Any team has a chance of knocking us out.

But here's a few good things about playing Nashville:

-Not a dirty team. If we played Calgary, Tkachuk could've easily injured a player or two.
-We've been able to beat Rinne twice in the playoffs. Can't say the same for Elliot
-The starting times have a better chance of not being crazy late. Though they probably will be anyway.
-They have a problem scoring goals.
-Hartman, Panik, and Tootoo have all had arguably their best games of the season against Nashville.

Hawks in 5.

Be on the lookout for Subban though.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
If Hawks don't figure out how to kill penalties vs the Preds it'll be a tougher series than you think. Those point shots kill us and the Preds are masters at it.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Preds are not as good this season imo. The fun part as well as annoying is we get to see Laviolette cry from the bench even when the replays that he disagrees with show otherwise.

Either way Hawks in 5.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Well, had I bought Preds playoff tickets the scenario would have been different, lol.

Looking forward to the series big time! I prefer the Hawks in 3 games myself, Preds forfeit the 4th. Unfortunately the competition is usually hotter than that.

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015
Obviously the Hawks would need to win this series first before worrying about anyone else, but is anyone here worried about the Blues? They're been very hot lately and are taking on a Minnesota team that's been bad for quite a while. Not to mention the fact that they just got Sobotka back, who's a very useful defensive player.

JZCislesHockey

Jul 29, 2013
Long Island, NY
Hope you don't mind me hopping on your bandwagon. It only seems right, since the Isles were eliminated last night and I'll be going to school in Chicago next year. Go Hawks!

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
More worried about the Preds. I think they're the 2nd best team in the central and the worst matchup for us. The way their defense can move the puck and create point shots w/ traffic is something we do not play well against.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Blues look like the team to beat in the West.

Enough with your shtick already. It's not funny, nor am I or anyone else here being enraged over it. I just feel embarrassed for you at this point.

Hope you don't mind me hopping on your bandwagon. It only seems right, since the Isles were eliminated last night and I'll be going to school in Chicago next year. Go Hawks!

Welcome. Hawks playoff series are some of the craziest **** in this league nowadays (even when we lose), so you've picked a good team to cheer for.

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015

Welcome!! Let's hope that we all get to enjoy and long, exciting and successful playoff run!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I hope everyone watches...you will get to see an amazing g thing. . $10.5#1 will actually re-produce the "A " game he showed from end January thru February and first few games in March. BEFORE AND AFTER his switch flipped to "on " like that he was a coaster ...lucky if we saw 1 "A " period in any game from. Him ..and few of even that much "exertion"..But we are assured he has been pacing himself thru tge grins and will upon the start of "real hockey " actually EXERTED himself for every period of every playoff game..You are in for a tree as "possim"Toews r
Esumes "starring " just like a $10.5 ought to "star". Yes it will be fun to watch this metamorphosis... .
from.lazy bum to actual star ..I do not think I can take the excitement as he inspires and "leads" the team by his fine example .Exertion..sweat..hustle..winning the battles. .will not be denied..classic "old Toews" ..the reason we have the big bucks..We all know..no Cup unless #19 plays with purpose and impact..so it is written,so it shall be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad