Blue Jays GDT: (2017 v5.0) @ TB |Tue, Aug 22| 7pmET/4pmPT |Rowley vs Archer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I have always considered myself to be a die heart Jays fan but as soon as the team go down by 5 or 6 runs in the 1st three innings I get so upset / frustrated that I stop watching the game - may be I am not

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Jays doing what they do best. Leaving men on base. Horrible

They've had every opportunity to get back into this one

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Could be 1-0 ..Donaldson's throw enabled 4 runs to score that wouldn't have and Tulo going to first instead of 3rd on the ground ball resulted in another run that should have been prevented. Two plays that changed the complexion of the game entirely (so far)...Donaldson made a great play but unfortunately threw it away but it shows how quickly and easily a game can turn.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
I have always considered myself to be a die heart Jays fan but as soon as the team go down by 5 or 6 runs in the 1st three innings I get so upset / frustrated that I stop watching the game - may be I am not

We just know the team is not coming back at that point.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Someone should tie Pillar's hands together when he comes up with the bases loaded, and only untie them once the count hits 2 strikes.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The Jays are playing like roadkill. Blowout after blowout. What's the point anymore? What are they accomplishing with this roster?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Time to blow it up good. Wait I hear Wilner disagreeing and claiming they still have a shot at the WC. Is there anybody in the media that has less credibility than Mike Wilner ?

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Time to blow it up good. Wait I hear Wilner disagreeing and claiming they still have a shot at the WC. Is there anybody in the media that has less credibility than Mike Wilner ?

I'm not sure, to be fair, they are still in contention for the wild card with half the season left, but things are not looking good, I think blowing it up might be a little over reaction and a little irrational. I'd keep Stroman, Sanchez and Donaldson, but trading everyone and starting from scratch doesn't make much sense.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

Most teams have a 'shot' at the WC but the likelihood of the Jays being one of those teams is very low. You trade the upcoming FAs getting the best value for them. Unless there is a deal that blows you away you keep the rest.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Is it just me or has Tepera been pretty awful of late. Loup' numbers took a hell of a hit from his brutal line today. I also don't get his line from today gave up two hits no walks but was somehow charged with 3 earned runs and gave up four total? I guess the Donaldson error showing could account for one of them. Still doesn't make sense. I'm not watching just looking at the boxscore

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Lol what the hell was that throw by Barney?

I don't know how they've thought it was acceptable to roll with that platoon at 2B for this long. It sucks

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I'm not sure, to be fair, they are still in contention for the wild card with half the season left, but things are not looking good, I think blowing it up might be a little over reaction and a little irrational. I'd keep Stroman, Sanchez and Donaldson, but trading everyone and starting from scratch doesn't make much sense.

Is that you Mike ? (JK) Seriously this team is scoring challenged without the help of the long ball. I would move Donaldson because I do not believe Rogers will be able to pay for him to stay. I would listen to offers for Stro, Sanchez and Osuna. Washington might be looking for a closer and SS. Maybe we can trade them Osuna and force them to take Tulo if they have any quality prospects. Cubs and Brewers might also be desperate for a quality starter and might overpay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad