Blue Jays GDT: (2017 v5.0) @ TB |Tue, Aug 22| 7pmET/4pmPT |Rowley vs Archer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Glad I started Sanchez in fantasy :)

Well at least Goins saved you a few runs. You should probably look to avoid starting pitching against Houston from now on.

I was going by pitch cast in the 1st inning where he walked 2 batters and on both batters he never threw 4 balls.

I was watching the game and they were balls (except the Reddick and Aoki ones I mentioned). Ball 4 to Marwin, maybe that's 50/50, but the other ones were definitely off the plate.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Well at least Goins saved you a few runs. You should probably look to avoid starting pitching against Houston from now on.

I was watching the game and they were balls (except the Reddick and Aoki ones I mentioned). Ball 4 to Marwin, maybe that's 50/50, but the other ones were definitely off the plate.

Yeah I was considering sitting him but I got a little cocky.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada

The pitch cast said otherwise, they were borderline and Sanchez was getting no breaks, which probably lead to his terrible 2nd inning and ultimately the game.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
No borderline meaning they were on the border of strike zone as opposed to being in the middle, why is that so difficult to understand?

You insisted that the ump was to blame, why is it so difficult to understand that he wasn't the problem?

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
You insisted that the ump was to blame, why is it so difficult to understand that he wasn't the problem?

I didn't insist anything, I said in the first inning the pitch cast showed the balls called by the ump were actually strikes, that's not negotiable (watch the game again if you're not sure), which lead to the demise of Sanchez's terrible outing. The Jays only scored one run, so likely they were going to lose anyways, so the loss wasn't the ump's fault, but the poor performance by Sanchez was.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I didn't insist anything, I said in the first inning the pitch cast showed the balls called by the ump were actually strikes, that's not negotiable (watch the game again if you're not sure), which lead to the demise of Sanchez's terrible outing. The Jays only scored one run, so likely they were going to lose anyways, so the loss wasn't the ump's fault, but the poor performance by Sanchez was.

You realize that bad calls happen every game, not every pitched gets lit up like Sanchez did. He stunk, thats all

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
When someone is making their debut playing from a long time off, you desperately need to get in a groove quickly. It didn't help to get every single 50/50 pitch called a ball. I can definitely understand how that would get under his skin when this is the first time in a while you feel you can contribute to a win. Sanchez was strong mentally last season in this regard. It's just his first mlb start in a while. Once he gets his feet wet he should be able to rebound from a rough inning more fluidly.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
When someone is making their debut playing from a long time off, you desperately need to get in a groove quickly. It didn't help to get every single 50/50 pitch called a ball. I can definitely understand how that would get under his skin when this is the first time in a while you feel you can contribute to a win. Sanchez was strong mentally last season in this regard. It's just his first mlb start in a while. Once he gets his feet wet he should be able to rebound from a rough inning more fluidly.
Sanchez looked good in the 1st, the problem was his strikes on the corners were being called balls, which forced him to throw down the middle and we all saw how that ended.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

And I'm telling you that the pitch cast was wrong. I watched the game, I showed you the Brooks baseball strike zone map, and it showed that only one definitive strike in the first inning (the first pitch in the Reddick at bat) was called a ball. In the second inning, there was one other in the Aoki at bat. The only 50/50 that Sanchez probably should've got (and he complained about) was the 3-2 pitch to Marwin Gonzalez. Morton had a couple calls go against him too in the first two innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca